Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#58254 - 08/16/11 03:01 PM SATAN in electronic music ?
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
For quite some time I was thinking about how to incorporate SATAN and especially my personal take on Satanism, into some piece of electronic music. I just didnt want to take the usual Noise or industrial route but rather put it into a new context. So for what its worth, this is my creation.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrjnjMDatI

#58255 - 08/16/11 05:15 PM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
Jake999 Offline

Interesting. Dr. LaVey would have liked it, I'm sure. He wasn't much for militaristic themes as such, but this one hints at transcendence beyond the obvious, almost like Rotwang controlling the world from inside his lair in METROPOLIS.

#58256 - 08/16/11 05:38 PM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Jake999]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Thank you very much for your response Jake. It is quite interesting that you really went directly to the core, of what I tried to express. Usually people dont tend to get my real intension, so this is quite a unique experience for me and means a lot.

Cheers

#58260 - 08/16/11 09:23 PM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Surprisingly downtempo. I like it a lot. The visuals flow nicely too. (Can never go wrong with Haxan either)

I've made some LHP-themed songs as well. Here's one, (dug it up on the godawful myspace page I haven't touched in years), but it's more in the industrial/black-metal vein... no actual guitars, so it's all electronic.

Edited by The Zebu (08/16/11 09:25 PM)

#58264 - 08/17/11 03:17 AM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: The Zebu]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Nice one Zebu. I really dig the overall mood and energy of your track and especially the vocal FX. What did you use for the Vocals ?

Cheers

#58280 - 08/17/11 04:01 PM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
The Zebu Offline

Actually the vocals use no effects aside from a little reverb; it's me just doing death/black growls. Glad you liked it.

#58282 - 08/17/11 04:16 PM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: The Zebu]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Wow your vocal cords are probably made of steel ;\) Just in case you have some vocals you would like to share, I would really like to sample them and use them for one of my next tracks. If you dont mind me abusing them for some glitchy stuff.

Cheers

#58285 - 08/18/11 12:30 AM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
I found the programming and composition a little too minimalistic for my taste, but nevertheless, competent. Have you heard the work of Pan Sonic? Also minimal “glitch/IDM/EDM”, but their sonic textures and compositional skills are just-engaging-enough to me to usually work.

The video was less effective: I’d much rather have seen original content you created yourself, rather than recycled and too-familiar public domain military/H-Bomb footage, “creepy clowns”, and LaVey shots. Perhaps more subtle visuals of what Satanism means to you personally.

How do you like the Elektron Mono Machine? During the past couple of years I’ve half-seriously considered purchasing one, but not for the making of rhythm-dominated material -- more for sculpting harsh ambient work.

#58295 - 08/18/11 04:03 AM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Tesseract]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Hey Tesseract,

thanks for your honest feedback, and I agree on what you said about the visuals. After all it was my first serious attempt at cutting some footage for my music, but it was really surprised at how much fun it gave me. So I will see how far i can push it from here.

About the monomachine - I was on the fences for years, but i was really not sure if its the right machine for me, especially with all this folks on the forums who go on about how digital and cold it sound (whatever that is..) and boy was I wrong. I

f you are really into extreme and harsh sounds, this might be the perfect synth for you. It just invites to to make your own sounds and to explore new sonic territory. Also the sequencer is a class of its own. So maybe if you get a chance, give it a try. It is really worth every penny.

Cheers

#63425 - 01/07/12 05:35 AM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

And here comes my latest quest for SATAN. This time i tried to focus more on the story telling element instead of the music. Maybe you guys get what i tried to show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scr8uh3z-gE&list=UUukdwLHGkib2bX1iNlot1wg&index=1&feature=plcp

Enjoy

Cheers

#63426 - 01/07/12 07:30 AM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
The Zebu Offline

I really dig the atmosphere, especially the way the music fits with the visuals.

That said, to jump on the self-promo bandwagon...

Here's one of my band's newer songs, "Therion 666". The lyrics focus mostly on Thelemic imagery, along with my first attempt at actually "singing" something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28_gAtSpwNo

#63427 - 01/07/12 07:39 AM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: The Zebu]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Hey Zebu,

Nice track you got there. The Vocals are really classy and i like it even more then your growls. I also like the intro and it really gets even better in the middle. Little bit too much Super SAW for my taste, but thats just me. My offer is also still valid, send me some of your vocals and i give it the german treatment ;\)

Cheers

#63430 - 01/07/12 01:20 PM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Skinny puppy meets rammstein meets ministry meets paul oakenfeld meets awesome.

That's the best thing I've heard in a long time, kudos dude.

#63454 - 01/08/12 02:30 AM Re: SATAN in electronic music ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
@Empire of Dread
I dig the second one you put up a little, mostly for those droning low sounds. Just as a matter of personal preference I don't like my music to be quite so beat-driven. (I'm not very 'german')

@Zebu
That song is awesome!
Most of the artists on my "net-lable" (I know, there's not much point to labels for free releases) do something similar to your old programmed stuff but usually in more of a midi-grindcore vein.

-SELF PROMOTION BANDWAGON!-
Shit Devourer is a mixed-media experimental sound/music project. Most of it is more noise-oriented but this one is more composed. The idea was to mix three seemingly unconnected elements and make them sound natural together.
Failure 16 Angry Foriegner

In my effort to abstract and destroy pop music I threw this one together. I have an idea for a video to this one but I don't really have the means to make it. The main point would be to depict Lady Gaga a marionette, crowds throwing money at her, and her feeding it to an obese dollar-scaled serpent floors above. If I had a better visual art skills I'd throw together some makeshift animation but I lack in that department.
Pop Sensation Lady Dada

I'm also working on new stuff for my less noisy TV is God project (hey, that's my user name too!) which as been all electronic in the past and I'm not incorporating guitar and vocals. I'll probably share that around when I have it further along.

Edited by TV is God (01/08/12 02:32 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.