Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#58270 - 08/17/11 11:28 AM Essays on Satanism
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
This is just something I've been wondering about. Feel free to move it if it's in the wrong thread.

Do you think one can write (and publish) essays on Satanism from a Satanic point of view without crossing some copyright boundary with the CoS?

#58272 - 08/17/11 12:29 PM Re: Essays on Satanism [Re: Alex Crowley]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Man, just screw the CoS and write what you like. As long as you mention your sources, you can quote whatever you like.

And an organization that barely has the cash to pay for the very mailbox that houses that organization is hardly going to take you to court.

D.

#58273 - 08/17/11 01:32 PM Re: Essays on Satanism [Re: Alex Crowley]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

CoS doesn't have a copyright on Satanism, no one does, I don't even think anyone can. Feel free to write and publish away. I would encourage you to intentionally say things to get their panties in a bunch. But that's just me.

#58275 - 08/17/11 02:35 PM Re: Essays on Satanism [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
CoS doesn't have a copyright on Satanism, no one does, I don't even think anyone can. Feel free to write and publish away. I would encourage you to intentionally say things to get their panties in a bunch. But that's just me.

I agree with you there. For some reason the CoS thinks they own Satanic philosophy and anything labeled "Satanism". The CoS was groundbreaking in it's time, but now they seem to be an organization that hasn't been doing jack for the past few years.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.