Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#58292 - 08/18/11 03:23 AM Joy of Satan
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
I'm not sure what everyone thinks about the Joy of Satan, so I thought I'd throw this question out there and see what everyone here has to say about it.

Honestly I think they stretch things a bit too far and still need an authority figure to look over their shoulder all the time. Theistic Satanism is one thing, but I read somewhere on the site that hearing voices and seeing things are signs of Satan calling you. Seriously?

#58300 - 08/18/11 12:17 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Alex Crowley]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Yes, seriously. I've addressed some of their mistakes in other discussions, but to give an exhaustive overview of the founder's idiocy would make me have a massive, stupid-induced headache. One need only look at the titles of her "sermons" to get a good idea of the group's intelligence... "All Yoga is of Satan", "Greys and Christianity" "True Nazism is Satanic", etc. She lives in a bubble of self-imposed delusion, which is justified through a horrific cacophony of deeply-flawed logic and wild speculation. To address the issue any further would be giving her far too much attention than deserved.

Edited by The Zebu (08/18/11 12:22 PM)

#58303 - 08/18/11 12:44 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: The Zebu]
Alex Crowley Offline

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
Yes, seriously. I've addressed some of their mistakes in other discussions, but to give an exhaustive overview of the founder's idiocy would make me have a massive, stupid-induced headache. One need only look at the titles of her "sermons" to get a good idea of the group's intelligence... "All Yoga is of Satan", "Greys and Christianity" "True Nazism is Satanic", etc. She lives in a bubble of self-imposed delusion, which is justified through a horrific cacophony of deeply-flawed logic and wild speculation. To address the issue any further would be giving her far too much attention than deserved.

A friend's supposed High Priest referred me to the JoS and said it's for "beginners". It seems like it's more geared towards idiots, reverse Christians, pseudo-Satanists and confused teenagers than anything else. The person in question no doubt proclaimed himself a "High Priest" and expert authority overnight. Having said that, I'd have liked to deflate his ego a bit, but I doubt he's worth any of my time.

This is the kind of shit that gives Satanism a bad name. Clearly someone read a bit too much David Icke. \:D

#58306 - 08/18/11 02:52 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Alex Crowley]
The Zebu Offline

Well the popularity of the JoS can be attributed to a couple things. Mostly that it is an accessible and dumbed-down alternative to more intellectual varieties of Satanism. Gullible and rebellious teenagers don't want to drudge through the metaphysics of Crowley and Evola, or bother with the lofty dissertations of Aquino, Anton Long, and others. And they certainly don't want to be told by LaVey that Satan is just symbol for materialistic selfishness.

The JoS, on the other hand, lay everything out on the table-- an infallible holy book, infernal mandates, mangled Goetia, black metal aesthetics, and simplistic "energy rituals" that might has well have been taken from a New Age 101 book. It requires no thought, and enthusiastic new "converts" to Satanism, being the most zealous, are all to eager to deep-throat the whole twelve inches.

As a result they have gained a large internet following-- the JoS turns up 3rd in the Google rankings for "Satanism"-- and are subsequently viewed as being some sort of authority. Because of this, many are willing to overlook some of the crazier Nazi/UFO aspects of it simply to have a flag to rally around. It's kinda sad.

Quote:
The person in question no doubt proclaimed himself a "High Priest" and expert authority overnight. Having said that, I'd have liked to deflate his ego a bit, but I doubt he's worth any of my time.

I once knew a JoS adherent who also called himself a "High Priest" before he even got out of high school. It was really hard to keep my mouth shut (he was my girlfriend's best friend at the time), but my silence paid off after his infantile emotional issues ending up alienating all his friends and got him kicked out of school. Master warlock, right there.

Edited by The Zebu (08/18/11 02:59 PM)

#58316 - 08/18/11 10:20 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: The Zebu]
Jude Leaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Palm Springs,CA
I know of some JoS people from facebook, and alot of them are young and very quick to get into that third eye course the JoS teaches. They rant against everything Jewish and do not want anybody who is Jewish to be member of their groups.

They don't think they're racist because they are inclusive of blacks and Hispanics and have in times posted what they believe evidence that neither Hitler or the Nazi Party were racist either by the fact that they had worked with Africans, Persians, Arabs, who were Baathist. I will find that video they posted awhile back and post it here.

#58317 - 08/18/11 10:34 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Jude Leaven]
Jude Leaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Palm Springs,CA

heres a link to that video about Nazis not being racist:
You tube

Edited by Jude Leaven (08/18/11 10:38 PM)
Edit Reason: video embed code did not work

#58327 - 08/18/11 11:58 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Jude Leaven]
The Zebu Offline

Quote:
They don't think they're racist because they are inclusive of blacks and Hispanics and have in times posted what they believe evidence that neither Hitler or the Nazi Party were racist either by the fact that they had worked with Africans, Persians, Arabs, who were Baathist.

Nazis were not all-round "racist" in the way that is popularly imagined. Nazism first and foremost, was a political doctrine of ultra-nationalism. It was driven by ideas of Germanic unity and leading Europe into a new golden age of the West, and notions of racial purity (which were actually rather broad and inclusive) were not as important as an unflinching alliance to the state. Consequently, they compromised on a number of issues. The only people which they really regarded as inferior (fit for extermination) were the longtime minorities such as Jews, who were chosen as a convenient scapegoat for domestic unrest. The key thing to look for is national loyalty, rather than the red herring of racism. Racism against blacks and others still existed, of course, but not as this sort of fundamentalist absolute like the stereotype goes.

In respects to the JoS, I have actually heard complaints from former black adherents that african-american Satanists were marginalized and in the Joy of Satan forums-- with Maxine Dietrich espousing racial tolerance in some discussions to get more members, while encouraging white supremacy in others when it suited her NS agenda. Many of them left in disillusionment to form their own "Black Satanist" splinter group. I don't know what became of them.

Overall, I think we can all agree that it's a poor apology to insist "We're not racist! ...except against those DIRTY JEWS!"

Quote:
BLAH@

pazuzu

Father Satan is tells me that you're going to get banhammered by evil alien Jews if you don't stop spewing shit all over the forum.

[edit: Prophecy fulfilled. HAIL ENKI!]

Edited by The Zebu (08/19/11 12:01 AM)

#58331 - 08/19/11 05:22 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: The Zebu]
Alex Crowley Offline

Quote:
Mostly that it is an accessible and dumbed-down alternative to more intellectual varieties of Satanism.

Exactly. They can't be bothered with studying actual philosophy or even thoroughly reading through TSB for that matter. They grab a few online articles from misinformed sources and see it as gospel. If you mention anything that wasn't in one of the three articles they read you're met with nothing but a blank stare and sometimes even a "but I read...". \:D

Quote:
I once knew a JoS adherent who also called himself a "High Priest" before he even got out of high school. It was really hard to keep my mouth shut (he was my girlfriend's best friend at the time), but my silence paid off after his infantile emotional issues ending up alienating all his friends and got him kicked out of school. Master warlock, right there.

It seems like my situation is pretty similar to yours back then, since this "High Priest" kid is my girlfriend's current best friend, which means I constantly have to listen to his shit. I realized he was talking out of his ass the moment he started ranting about the Necronomicon and what a great grimoire it is. At this point I'm getting sick of it, since I think he's a complete nut and she's under the impression that he's the greatest. If you ask me he deserves a kick in the teeth.

#67744 - 06/24/12 05:25 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Alex Crowley]
Nycteris Offline
lurker

Of course Maxine Dietrich has already been debunked widely, and most of their historical ''evidence'' is bullshit, but i found their ritual instructions quite clear (though flawed) and their profiles on the goetic demons pretty helpful

also Salem Burke seems like a generally intelligent and well spoken guy as far as i've seen (which isnt much, 1 video)?

I dont recommend them as a source, but dont make the mistake of flushing all information on their website down with the organization behind it

just my 2 sumerian bronze coins \:\)

#67829 - 06/26/12 09:46 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Nycteris]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Nycteris
Of course Maxine Dietrich has already been debunked widely, and most of their historical ''evidence'' is bullshit, but i found their ritual instructions quite clear (though flawed) and their profiles on the goetic demons pretty helpful

also Salem Burke seems like a generally intelligent and well spoken guy as far as i've seen (which isnt much, 1 video)?

I dont recommend them as a source, but dont make the mistake of flushing all information on their website down with the organization behind it

just my 2 sumerian bronze coins \:\)

So let me get this right, Andrea has been shown to be a fraud, and their "historical Sitchinism" is a joke, but . . .

you still think these people have you shit to tell/sell regarding evocation.

Really? My motto is: never accept a porterhouse from a bum. Why? It's probably infected with E Coli.

JK

#68814 - 07/12/12 11:11 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Jason King]
wagthedog Offline

These idiots fight and attack things they imagine and call it 'spiritual warfare'... JOS is impressive in a few ways.

1. It is an online cult that extorts money and praise from people, good work for a 'psychic vampire'.
2. It infects an individual (usually young) with its own toxic and retarded philosophy and is thus a great cultural virus.
3. Maxine barely does anything but sit back as her 'clergy' hand selected brainwashed mutants and often the highest donators do 90 % of the maintenance while she collects whatever tangible materialistic benefit there is to be had.
4. To achieve all this and not even have to walk through your front door once... Makes you wonder whether opening an occult or satanic organization on Secondlife would do anything for you.

#68827 - 07/13/12 01:44 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: wagthedog]
seekswisdom Offline

Loc: California,U.S.
 Originally Posted By: wagthedog
These idiots fight and attack things they imagine and call it 'spiritual warfare'... JOS is impressive in a few ways.

These kind of people are really fun to fuck with because they fall for anything.
Spiritual warfare is one of the biggest scams in Christianity because it pure bullshit to gain a buck. I have never had an ivisible object attack me and even tryed : saying bloody mary 5 times to the mirror but nothing, what a disapoinment.

I remember having to attend a pentalcostal church with a friend when I was about fourteen. When I first walked in there I felt very uncomfotable because all of the people seemed drunk with stupidity. During sunday school we had to chase spirits out of the room with a broom stick and that seemed extremly foolish. I decided that church wasn't for me after experiencing that because they where the true essence of foolishness and stupidity ; They couldn't pay me to attend another service.

#68829 - 07/13/12 06:25 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: seekswisdom]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
 Originally Posted By: seekswisdom
Spiritual warfare is one of the biggest scams in Christianity because it pure bullshit to gain a buck...
I remember having to attend a pentalcostal church with a friend when I was about fourteen. When I first walked in there I felt very uncomfotable because all of the people seemed drunk with stupidity. During sunday school we had to chase spirits out of the room...
I know this bullshit - I wated to investigate and I infiltrated in one 'spiritual' church and in some month became second pastor - I preached mostly from Satanic Bible and LHP, but I gave up - mostly herd's member has forzen brains. Only positive think were money from tithes etc..., but I don't like to earn in such way - I found it degradating!

Christianity is full of condradictions and 9. Satanic statment is true - leaders live good because of stupid sheep, You can give every crap and attach some verses from Bible and some revelations and it works...

I made a lot of experiments - I preached oposites and herd believed... Many pastors don't believe what they preach, but do it - it brings money and credulous believers are so happy, that someone brings fresh word from God or have spiritual nightmare...

In reality in Judaism, even Islam have the same principles, but more stupid are RHP religions or cults... You have to switch off all brains and logic... I lived for while in UK and came in touch with New Age and similar shit...

#72119 - 10/23/12 03:44 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Latvian]
Count Ravendark Offline
lurker

Loc: The Netherlands
That's why i quit Christianity, it's full of bullshit. And indeed pastors live a good life (think i have chosen the wrong job 17 years ago hehehe). I had an experiance that one fucked up pastor came to my house to check out my stuff so he can see or i can pay tithes.Those faithfull christians do what ever they are told without logical thinking if the pastor said you have to pay 10% of your income then they say that god told em to do so. Glad i am out of it a lot of them seem to come out of the mental home if you want to have a good laugh check Youtube for the Toronto Blessing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCeVZ6e2T0E&playnext=1&list=PL8168824CFFFA8FFF&feature=results_main
#72120 - 10/23/12 05:39 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Alex Crowley]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
The Joy of Satan is retarded. And so are the people that run it and most of the users. The JofS is cool if you are a teenage,devil worshiping neo-nazi.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.