Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#72130 - 10/23/12 11:37 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Count Ravendark]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
You're preaching to the choir here man.

But to take this in a different direction, how do you not see the logical reason for tithe?

Christians pay tithe because it is part of their Religious belief. It pays for the Church, to keep the lights on, to pay for ministering to the poor, the minister's salary (which is usually small, based on a percentage, and is a direct reflection of how many congregants he has and how much money they make), etc.

Tithe is necessary for the overhead attached to running a Church. How can your oh so logical mind not see that?

#72133 - 10/24/12 07:09 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: FemaleSatan]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: FemaleSatan
Christians pay tithe because it is part of their Religious belief. It pays for the Church, to keep the lights on, to pay for ministering to the poor, the minister's salary (which is usually small, based on a percentage, and is a direct reflection of how many congregants he has and how much money they make), etc.

Tithe is necessary for the overhead attached to running a Church. How can your oh so logical mind not see that?

This is interesting. Can you imagine a world where every Christian (and Muslim, via Zakat) gives 10% back? Can you?

Let me think for a second . . .

54% of the world's population re-investing 10% of their "wealth" towards a faith-based infrastructure? It might be a utopia.

The only problem is that the Body is broken. And tithes (just as denominations) tend to be focused on the controllers rather than the targets.

In short, organized religion is nothing more than a confidence game. Bet your soul much?

1 Tim 5:18: For the Scriptures say, “Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading”, and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

And the OT references are also informative.

JK

#72139 - 10/24/12 11:49 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Jason King]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
It might be a utopia or it might be shit. Just depends on what one feels a utopia is. ;\)

I know a good number of people don't pay their tithe or don't pay their full 10% in to their Church of choice. However, the idea behind the 'rule' is brilliant. Using the force of going to someone's house to see if they are paying their fair share in order to shame them into cooperating is genius as well.

The body may be broken, but I do have to give credit for some of the genius involved in some of the rules attached, in particular with the OT.

Oh and for a little humor I found this:

http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/booklets/gods-people-tithe?gclid=CPfprY-BmrMCFQGFnQodxFAAug

Edited by FemaleSatan (10/24/12 11:53 AM)
Edit Reason: wording

#72140 - 10/24/12 11:51 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Jason King]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
States charge taxes, churches charge tithes. It's just another way of paying for a social system that provides benefits to its members, balanced with varying streaks of hypocrisy and greed, just like any other industry or institution.

#72742 - 11/10/12 01:45 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Zach_Black]
SoldierforSatan Offline
stranger

yeah, people who dress up and shit...that shit is fuckin dumb...I believe the true way to be a Satanist...is to completly subvert all those who lay before you...to be the preditor amongst the prey...When the end comes...I will be the one...

#75919 - 04/12/13 11:32 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: SoldierforSatan]
Le Deluge Offline

Haha. An obvious example arises. That site is fucking stupid. Then again, so is the poster above me. I would "bunco" this for reasons having nothing to do with "Satan".

#75925 - 04/12/13 03:04 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Le Deluge]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
The Joy of Satan is mainly comprised of death metal teenage ' Satanist'. If that is what you are looking for,look no farther.

Edited by Zach_Black (04/12/13 03:05 PM)

#75926 - 04/12/13 03:08 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Zach_Black]
Le Deluge Offline

I could almost see that site as "dangerous", but I just find it kind of funny and retarded. The Joy of Satan. Julia Child "The Joy of Cooking" does demur!

#75936 - 04/12/13 09:19 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Le Deluge]
TheFallenAngel Offline
stranger

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
The JoS is a stupid site, i read through a lot of their stuff which made me look further into it. An i agree with most of you guys its for people who think they satanist but are not really or for heavy metal headbanging teenagers. I wont lie i am a teenager cause im 17, but i have been looking and researching about Satanism for a very long time. For me it is the answer but the JoS is not.

#75937 - 04/12/13 09:57 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: TheFallenAngel]
Arjay Offline
stranger

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
When one reaches a certain age, it's to be expected that they would be able to differentiate between fiction and reality. Maxine Dietrich is obviously not one of those people.
Her doctrines are ridiculous, delusional and go no deeper than the first layer of flaky skin that is the philosophy of faith-based theistic Satanism.
Any good resource, if any, that would be available from that site can surely be found elsewhere. It's best to just stay the hell away from there. (Silly pun intended) ;\)

#77509 - 06/28/13 04:23 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: Arjay]
JTF Offline

Loc: United Kingdom of Great Britai...
I studied the joy of satan website and found it very interesting. Also thought some of it was a bit crazy/far fetched at first like some of the previous posters have stated. I thought she had some good sources for her information and it is presented well but if most of it is made up please let me know. I am new to this forum and looking forward to learning some more from you guys and girls aswell.

#77510 - 06/28/13 04:30 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: JTF]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
So, I'm guessing you are seeking for others to help you discern fact from fiction?

If you genuinely found it interesting and compelling information, I would think you would invest your own time and attention to substantiating the claims made by Dietritch.

It all starts with basic interest. Lot's of things are interesting but it doesn't mean they have worth or value.

What did you find interesting about it? What specifically did you find 'good sources'?? Did you spend any time cross-checking the information presented?

#77511 - 06/28/13 04:54 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: SIN3]
JTF Offline

Hi sin 3. No i like to do a bit of digging myself but also like to see how others view it. I used some of the rituals off the website so that was the interesting part was just a bit puzzled as to what the four crown princess where as the ones stated there were different from the Satanic Bible. Also yes done a right good bit of cross checking from the web. Thanks for quick reply

#77525 - 06/29/13 07:18 AM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: JTF]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
You might check out the Youtube Channel, Maxine elaborates on some elements in her 'sermons'. She tends to focus on a lot of Socio-politico in most of her rants but there's a few there that may answer some of your questions.

The JoS seems to attract young people, as such there's a young-minded mentality you run into if you choose to engage in the comment area of the videos. If you post and find yourself challenging some of the content, I wouldn't be too surprised if you're called a Kike.

#77528 - 06/29/13 12:06 PM Re: Joy of Satan [Re: SIN3]
JTF Offline

Kl sin3 al check it out and see how i get on. I have seen one of the videos before but al check out them all first n see what i think. Im 30 years old so i hope i still count as young ha ha.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.02 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.