Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#58546 - 08/24/11 07:23 AM A question for the ritual doers.
Clow Abhorred Offline
stranger

As a LHP individualist and occultist, in my rituals I use a graal or a unique Victorian sort of cup. My question for you is what you fill the graal with? in case it's part of your ritual. I personally drink from the graal a really strong black coffee.

I also know alcoholic drinks complicate or disturb the ritual's essence. What do you think? I really would like to read about your personal experience.

#58876 - 09/06/11 01:46 AM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Clow Abhorred]
Devil's Mask Offline
stranger

Loc: Oklahoma
Personally, I use mixtures of energy drinks and Vodka. I find orange Monster and vodka to give the effect I'm looking for. It helps break down the walls of inhabition and gets the adrenal flow going as well. I've also mixed aphrodeziac with the other elixir. This was quite a potent combination, pun intended. Point being, lower inhibitions and get the adrenaline flowing. I've experimented, Red Bull and Tequila is a good combo for a destruction ritual. I natural act aggresive on either one stand alone. I say experiment with every drink you can. Same goes for oils and inscense. Find what works for you!

#58884 - 09/06/11 06:27 AM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Devil's Mask]
Jake999 Offline

What you drink should be pleasing and stimulating to YOU. If strong black coffee is your "cup o' tea," that's what you should use.

Dr. LaVey usually had whiskey in the Chalice. I used Diet Coke. He didn't like it much when he took it from me and drank it down, but hey... my Invocation, my elixer.

#58906 - 09/06/11 12:14 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Clow Abhorred]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
There is no reason to drink with every ritual working, but a fortified Cabernet Sauvignon with a couple drops of blood makes an excellent vinum sabbati when the occasion calls for it.

I would use absinthe were it not so damned expensive.

Edited by The Zebu (09/06/11 12:15 PM)

#58911 - 09/06/11 01:51 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
Dr. LaVey usually had whiskey in the Chalice.

I may have told this story before here, but on the 6/21/70 event of my III° ordination at 6114, the Chalice was filled with Wild Turkey, which I knew nothing about but dutifully drained. I have zero tolerance for alcohol and never drink it. So that evening, while I am reasonably sure I became a Priest of something or other, I was more enthralled by a magical revelation of the entire cosmos unfolding before me. Not to mention that the next morning I was equally certain that my immortal soul was now damned in Hell.

Anton and Diane hadn't known, of course. Thereafter they kept a bottle of ginger ale in the fridge for me, although Anton complained that it would give the Church of Satan a good name if word got out.

My only other similar experience was stopping at a roadside "Cider" stand on a hot summer day on my first drive through the Appalachians in 1968. I had grown up in California knowing only Martinelli's apple cider, so a nice big glass sounded very refreshing ...

In the Nineveh Grotto we used cold blackberry juice, which we kept in a gargoyley decanter and served in small red-glass taster glasses. Thus all the Grotto members could drink at once, and of course it was more sanitary. It was also mysterious to visitors, because unless you know what blackberry juice is, you don't. Some visitors from the local theological seminary were very reticent, probably thinking it was some of Kesey's "Electric Kool-Aid".

#58914 - 09/06/11 07:22 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

Yeah... but have you ever had a hot Dickin Cider?

http://www.ridhughz.demon.co.uk/wav/DICKENS.WAV

#58915 - 09/06/11 08:17 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA

#58926 - 09/07/11 05:11 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Jake999]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK

http://www.ridhughz.demon.co.uk/wav/DICKENS.WAV

No, but I once had a fine Semillon watchng RedTube! \:D

I'm here all week, try the veal . .

#58949 - 09/07/11 07:00 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Satan is le puss]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
That's really not a satisfactory attempt at penis-based innuendo, Satan is le puss. Stay behind and see me after school.

Edited by felixgarnet (09/07/11 07:01 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling,would you believe?

#59446 - 09/24/11 03:44 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Clow Abhorred]
Ashley Corinne Offline
stranger

Loc: Utah
 Originally Posted By: Clow Abhorred
I also know alcoholic drinks complicate or disturb the ritual's essence.

This is a common myth in ritual magic. I've seen this very concept in Wiccan books that you can find in major book stores. For me, alcohol enhances my magic. What it really comes down to is that, despite there being general principles of magic, every practitioner operates differently. Reading too much into magical "rules" can make your practice mechanical and ineffective.

As for what I put in the cup, besides using alcohol when it's available I usually use plain old water because of its symbolic elemental significance.

#59464 - 09/25/11 01:57 AM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Ashley Corinne]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
It all depends on the goal of the specific ritual. If you are looking to do a serious-minded working that requires focus and concentration, drugs would not be a good idea.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a spontaneous and "ecstatic" experience, then mind-altering substances will certainly help.

#61154 - 11/05/11 09:37 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: The Zebu]
SatanicMinister Offline
banned
stranger

I have used red wine and beer in the past. Either way is fine w/ me.
#61160 - 11/05/11 11:54 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Clow Abhorred]
Goliath Offline
pledge

I generally use the finest brandy I have on hand. Partly because I'm a brandy drinker, and always have some in my liquor cabinet. But also partly because the idea of using "burnt wine" appeals to me.

#61193 - 11/06/11 03:27 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Clow Abhorred]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Not really a ritual man, but when I perform I tend to make cocktails.
Why? You can lengthen the ritual and put some more actual time in the preparation and general flow.

All it takes is being creative with alcoholic drinks.. Pure magic you can do with coke, orange juice, tomatoe-juicy, whiskey, genever, gin,...
Mixing certain strong drinks together can give it those special colors like bloody red and even pitch black. (Once had one which had the color of shit... tasted well though.)

#61196 - 11/06/11 06:39 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Dimitri]
Oxus Offline

Nothing like the rituals I do.
For instance last month I embarked on a month long ritual that entailed sensory deprivation and concluded with sensory saturation.
All towards the mind bending state of cracking the psyche open.

The finest point came during the sleep saturation, where I eventually existed in my waking hours in states of consciousness and unconsciousness.

. . . and now I'm insane!!

Edited by Oxus (11/06/11 06:39 PM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.