Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#61207 - 11/06/11 08:35 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Oxus]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Um, I think you mean sleep deprivation. My longest ritual was nine days (nine being a “magic number” – lol). It was my first ritual, a ritual to better understand the purpose of rituals. Maybe I didn’t do it right, because I’m still stuck somewhere between “heavy, man” and “what’s the big fucking deal?”

#61209 - 11/06/11 08:57 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: William Wright]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Hey, Oxus may have meant sensory deprivation! I've heard of people using those tanks for meditation and visualisation (and rather them than me, quite frankly).

I don't do formal ritual - I've found in the past that performing it actually detracts from concentrating on the task at hand and have my own way of sorting stuff out now. However, I am in communication with an archetype / neter / loa who appreciates a drop of rum and if I drink any always splash some on the ground or put a drop in another glass as a libation.

It's good to see Dimitri favours cocktails; I have a very funny story concerning said being and a particularly splendid mojito if anyone would care to hear it. As I've no desire to go into the kitchen for ten minutes and come back to see people calling me and each other liars and bastards I'll keep it to PM. ;\)

#61248 - 11/07/11 07:19 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: felixgarnet]
Oxus Offline

Yep, I meant 'sensory' deprivation, cutting off eyesight or hearing for certain durations of time, while saturating other senses. I wish I had a Think Tank!

I agree with William Wright . . . I'm never sure if I opened something up or just wasted my time, we will have to see.

#62375 - 12/08/11 12:39 AM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Oxus]
kvac Offline
stranger

Loc: raleigh NC
Ive used blood and I dont drink except for ritual because of the energy it contains. Plus I have donors as well then continue with the rest of the ceremony.

Edited by kvac (12/08/11 12:43 AM)

#64525 - 02/16/12 04:18 AM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Oxus]
James Westwood Offline
stranger

Loc: Orlando, Florida
While reading this post I was surprised to hear that LeVay had whiskey in his challis, from the actual people that practiced with him none the less! I have come to find that this is also my favorite liquid to use. Personally, I don't believe that alcohol interferes with my "ritual essence" if that's how you want to put it. Not in the least, but that's just me.

#64565 - 02/16/12 11:00 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: James Westwood]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Did you really just spell LaVeys name wrong?

See, stimulating or stupid..you got a response. I wouldn't steer you wrong ;\)

#64567 - 02/16/12 11:26 PM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Dan_Dread]
James Westwood Offline
stranger

Excuse my bad grammar of the LeVey name. Worse things have happened from 48 hours of being awake than confusing an e with an "a". My bad. I just found the post interesting and thought I would add my personal appeasement on the subject. I won't bore you or anyone else with such rubbish anymore dread. Thanks for the tip big dog ;\)

#64568 - 02/17/12 12:43 AM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: James Westwood]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

Excuse my bad grammar of the LeVey name.

*facepalm*

You probably should get some sleep before you post again.

#64569 - 02/17/12 01:22 AM Re: A question for the ritual doers. [Re: Dan_Dread]
James Westwood Offline
stranger

Enough said. Sleep is much needed. I seem to be digging myself into a hole here. I will crawl out later...
Edit- the comical part is I actually went on a different post I had to change the spelling to LeVey instead of LaVey. Amazing the delusions that can accompany a lack of sleep. School, work and trying to find self sovereignty can take a toll on you. No excuses.

Edited by James Westwood (02/17/12 01:29 AM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.22 seconds of which 0.199 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.