Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#58620 - 08/26/11 06:27 AM Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!!
LaVey Music Offline
Banned--Spammer
stranger

It's true Stanton has joined forces with Brian Werner of the Florida based death metal band Infernaeon and Jesse Nunn of the California based Scum of the Earth, A new video announcing the project has just been released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KCF6-gV_4&feature=player_embedded

#58621 - 08/26/11 06:56 AM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: LaVey Music]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It's kinda promising that the emphasis is not on the music you made but on the dude that joined the band. That might even make some sense if he was a well-known musician.

Sadly, all he ever did accomplish in life was pimp his name.

So this band, as all else, will probably only result in another failure.

#58622 - 08/26/11 07:22 AM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: Diavolo]
LaVey Music Offline
Banned--Spammer
stranger

That's because the music is still in the works and the two guys he is working are very accomplished musicians. Brian played for Monstrosity, Infernaeon and Vital Remains and has a very well established reputation in the international death metal scene. Jesse who also played in Scum of the Earth with Riggs from Rob Zombie is one of the most talented guitar players I have personally seen in a long time who's talent rivals that of Steve Vai or Yngwie. Obviously since none of the music is being released yet with the exception of the min worth of music in the video, this was simply a teaser announcing the bands conception the point of it was to get the name out there showcasing the music comes later, welcome to music business 101.
#58623 - 08/26/11 07:24 AM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: LaVey Music]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

C'mon let's be serious; this isn't about the music, this is about pimping the name. Hell, LaVey Music as a username alone makes it quite obvious.
#58624 - 08/26/11 07:44 AM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: Diavolo]
LaVey Music Offline
Banned--Spammer
stranger

Well seeing as how that's going to be the name of the band seems to make sense, it's called brand recognition and actually Stanton was against it, mngmt, labels and booking agents were the ones that influenced that decision. Again it's called um music business keyword being "Business". Much like Rob Zombie when he left White Zombie the original name for his solo project was going to be Electric Robot something and the booking agent said cool I can get you $5k a show, or if you go with Rob Zombie I can get you $30k a show take your pic. I would have to imagine even you yourself when confronted with a simple business decision such as that would probably make the same choice.
#58625 - 08/26/11 08:11 AM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: LaVey Music]
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
 Originally Posted By: LaVey Music
It's true Stanton has joined forces with Brian Werner of the Florida based death metal band Infernaeon and Jesse Nunn of the California based Scum of the Earth, A new video announcing the project has just been released

What's the point of this post besides self-promotion? It doesn't belong in Satanism 101 because it has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you have to post it, I think the best forum would be the Video Discussion Forum which can be found here: http://www.the600club.com/board7-1.html

Other than that it seems like a cool project and I'll be keeping an eye on how it develops.

#58626 - 08/26/11 08:13 AM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: Alex Crowley]
LaVey Music Offline
Banned--Spammer
stranger

That may be and I just work street team and am new to the site. I myself am a very dedicated satanist and practitioner of Thelema so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place meant no disrespect 93

Edited by LaVey Music (08/26/11 08:14 AM)

#58627 - 08/26/11 08:20 AM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: LaVey Music]
Alex Crowley Offline

No problem, I'm sure one of the mods will move the post to the right sub-forum anyway. Here's a link to the Forum Guidelines just so you can get a better idea of what is and isn't allowed: http://www.the600club.com/topic5898-1.html

Good luck on the project, though. Like I said I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

#58630 - 08/26/11 11:30 AM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: Alex Crowley]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Forgive my bluntness, but it's tough to buy the "business is business" excuse when a shitty youtube slideshow and a handful of promo-trolls constitutes "business".

AT LEAST make an introduction thread before you lay down the spam.
AT LEAST make your user name something other than a blatant advertisement.
AT LEAST make a couple preliminary casual posts so it makes it seem like you're even remotely interested in the forum.

I kinda feel sorry for Stanton. What does he actually DO anyways, besides get fleeced by sycophants trying to tug every last drop from the LaVey teat? If I were him I'd just change the surname back to "Levey". Or "Smith".

Edited by The Zebu (08/26/11 11:34 AM)

#58631 - 08/26/11 11:54 AM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: LaVey Music]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: LaVey Music

What a joke. Way to ride the LaVey name some more. Does he think this will make all of his legal and drug problems go away? Does this guy even have any musical talen at all, or is he going to just stand there and look like a gothic freak?

Wait, what am I thinking... making a metal band doesn't make drug problems go away... they multiply them! my bad!

Edited by Wicked Satanist (08/26/11 12:02 PM)
Edit Reason: drug joke

#58633 - 08/26/11 03:37 PM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: Wicked Satanist]
LaVey Music Offline
Banned--Spammer
stranger

Wow where do I even begin, first of all when "LaVey" is your legal last name, and you are pretty much the ONLY male heir that the good Dr. ever had yeah he has every right to use his own name!! Xerxes was what 3 or 4 when the good Dr. passed? Stanton on the other hand grew up in the black house his hole life (with the exception of a short stint in Austria with Zeena when he was a teenager) On another note Stanton has been sober for quite a while and who are any of us to judge, being a satanist as you know is all about personal choice in the fullfillment of ones life, Crowley himself was a raging drug addict, but that never stopped him from composing some of the greatest literature the world has ever seen, and in many cases actually enhanced it! And yes he has a great deal of musical ability, Anton and Diane where very big on him studying music for most of his life and he is an extremely talented artist. And what does Stanton do? Well he owned one of the largest occult bookstores in LA whose clients include Glen Danzig and Manson (as a matter of fact he helped Glen build his library in his house!), has held numerous art shows and made a good living off of his art for many years now. this project was his conception for many years now. He started working with Danny Lohner from NIN a few years ago when the material was originally written. Now I've already apologized for posting this in the wrong forum like I said I'm new to this site and I didnt realize this wasnt the theater for this discussion, and the slideshow was just that a shitty slideshow meant to showcase the music however youtube wont let you upload just music hence the reason we decided just to ass some photo's.
#58634 - 08/26/11 04:20 PM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: LaVey Music]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Heir?

Is this aristocracy or what? The point in Satanism is that a man himself defines his quality and that heritage just doesn't mean a fucking thing. It's not because you're related to someone that you suddenly have special qualities making you more satanic, or trigger some awe in any of us.

All this pimping the name only shows people know little about Satanism. Most of us couldn't give a flying fuck what the guy's name is. If he doesn't do anything deserving respect, he will not receive respect. This far, he didn't do much deserving any praise.

It's fucking impressive if your name is all you got. The Paris Hilton of Satanism.

Edited by Diavolo (08/26/11 04:23 PM)

#58635 - 08/26/11 05:29 PM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: Diavolo]
LaVey Music Offline
Banned--Spammer
stranger

Again the name isnt the issue what he is supposed to change his name to satisfy you? And it's funny you only talk about him and not the other members of the band, there is more to the band than Stanton. Brian is a very well known occultist and member of the O.T.O. and H.O.O.R. and I've already made the point of the accomplishments of Stanton in my previous post. Fact is he is still kind of young. Even the good Dr. was 36 when he wrote the bible which is older than Stanton is now. So according to you he is supposed to meet or exceed the Dr. achievements by a certain point in his life? You said "Most of us couldn't give a flying fuck what the guy's name is." when it's clear that you do since your bitching about so much.
#58636 - 08/26/11 05:39 PM Re: Stanton LaVey forms new band!!!!!! [Re: LaVey Music]
Alex Crowley Offline

As I told you on another site where you posted the same thing, this should be about the music, not about "hey, look who I'm related to" which is basically what you're basing the whole campaign around.

I agree with Diavolo on this - a man should be judged by his achievements and not by his heritage. In the end carrying a famous surname doesn't change shit. If he wants to use it, go ahead, I'm not going to stop him, but don't flaunt it around like it makes him some kind of wonder kid. It doesn't.

I'm not saying that he has to exceed or match the achievements of Anton LaVey, what I'm saying is that he can't base his entire promotional campaign solely on his surname. That's not going to earn him anything but a few chuckles and a huge dismissal from everyone.

Edited by Alex Crowley (08/26/11 05:42 PM)

#58637 - 08/26/11 05:56 PM A [Re: LaVey Music]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Oh boohoohoo you only talk about him and not about the other members.

Don't be a twat, you're advertizing "LAVEY blablabla LAVEY blablabla... LaVey music blablabla. So don't start acting now as if the name isn't important.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.