Page 3 of 17 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#61377 - 11/13/11 11:05 PM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: LeftHandonFeet]
RAIDER Offline

Loc: PA

.....even lemurs get high. Lemurs get high on millipedes...by gently biting their heads until the millipede secretes a narcotic poison used to kill insects, the lemur rubs the poison all over his body and gets high from the effect of the poison.
Poisons/drugs can be beneficial or enjoyable. Of course drug use and drug abuse are two very different behaviors.
" Indulgence not compulsion"

#61380 - 11/14/11 08:57 AM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: RAIDER]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I don't really have any negative feelings toward drugs as a whole.

What I can't stand are people who choose to use them and then become a burden on other people because they lack self control.

Do your drugs, if you will (and hopefully what D mentions above will befall you), but take responsibility for it as the results of your behavior are on you.

#61425 - 11/16/11 01:54 AM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Fnord]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have always had the interrest to try acid and x. I have probably smoked my body weight in weed in my lifetime and even dabbed in coke a few times, but never really cared for it.

I have even asked a few friends I have to get me some acid and they just refuse to do so... I mean, wtf, I want to try it.

#61426 - 11/16/11 05:48 AM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

If I can give you one good advice it's to avoid hallucinogens. But if you try that for the first time, make sure you are surrounded by friends you can trust and that remain sober. On average likely nothing bad will happen besides maybe a bad trip but this is not the sort of drug you remain under control when using.

There's a small risk they might fry your brain but then again, that risk is there with any drug.

X is overrated unless you wanna dance somewhere all night feeling quite lovely but having a dick that doesn't even respond to electro-treatment. Down here only the puppies between 16 and 20 do X because it is cheaper than getting drunk. If you do, drink enough, because that shit dehydrates you. Alcohol not being the preferred solution.

D.

#61488 - 11/16/11 11:24 PM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Diavolo]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
his is not the sort of drug you remain under control when using.

Actually, D, I've always maintained control while under hallucinogens; be it psilocybin/psilocin, DMT, LSD or mescaline. Granted, they are certainly not for everyone but that blanket statement is assuredly a false one.

Quote:
There's a small risk they might fry your brain but then again, that risk is there with any drug.

Strictly concerning LSD, this is also a false statement.

LSD is physiologically well tolerated and there is no evidence for long-lasting effects on brain and other parts of the human organism

Quote:
X is overrated unless you wanna dance somewhere all night feeling quite lovely but having a dick that doesn't even respond to electro-treatment. Down here only the puppies between 16 and 20 do X because it is cheaper than getting drunk. If you do, drink enough, because that shit dehydrates you. Alcohol not being the preferred solution.

This, however, is spot-on.

#61489 - 11/16/11 11:34 PM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Well 6, you and the researchers will be surprised but it surely ain't a false statement since I used to hang out with the dude it happened to. He's still somewhat funny. Just like I've seen coke-users get buried.

I don't say it's purely the dope, it's the combination of someone's physical set-up and the dope.

If you got fucked by your genes, you'll get fucked by the dope.

D.

#62981 - 12/26/11 11:38 PM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Set]
JaggedJesus Offline
lurker

Loc: Michigan, USA
Marijuana is the main drug I indulge in, mainly because it's the easiest one to get. Marijuana helps me creatively, mentally, and physically.

LSD made me think of things I'd never of normally thought of before. I had many epiphinies on this drug. Everything was clear, crisp. Everything made sense.

DXM is probably the most dangerous drug I've ever done. DXM is chugging cough syrup, incase you're not familiar. I saw many grusome and horrible hallucinations while on this drug. Would not recommend it.

#62988 - 12/27/11 02:52 AM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Diavolo]
kvac Offline
stranger

Loc: raleigh NC
I agree I dont use them myself but have other brothers who do in ritual. Posting ones use isnt a problem.

#62995 - 12/27/11 04:03 AM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: kvac]
Hegesias Offline

I have as much compassion for a dependent temperament as I have for germs or parasites, if not only for their ill virtue to communicate diseased character. And so the more Mundanes who wish to despise their body and mind by way of comforting poisons, the better, the more the better, that the Mundanes both distinguish themselves in a hubris way, and cull themselves in oblivious indignity, is marvellous, truly.

#63577 - 01/12/12 04:17 AM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Hegesias]
seekswisdom Offline

Loc: California,U.S.
Marijuana is the only drug I use myself, because it's a medical miracal drug for my acidic stomach and I have too much energy without it. Living in California I have the privlidge to grow my own medicine and have learned more about nature from growing weed then I would of ever obtained from just reading about it. This year I will be more patient and start the plants in late may(I started April 14 last year) and will go 100% organic this time. I used overdrive to pump up the flowering last year, but it's not worth it in the end, because it's about quality not quantity:when it's just for medicine and not profit.
#63584 - 01/12/12 02:38 PM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: seekswisdom]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
I to live in California and have a medicinal marijuana card. I got it for my ' insomnia '. I have never tried to grow plants though. Up until recently there was dispensaries all over San Diego . Although they are kinda pricey ,it was nice to be able to just walk into the store and pick out what you wanted. It is fucking ridiculous that weed is still considered a controlled substance.

#63587 - 01/12/12 04:07 PM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Zach_Black]
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
Prohibition on anything never works but to create a thriving black market. In some measure, the people who profit from the war on drugs have a great excuse for keeping marijuana illegal; however, I've never understood why the average person is okay with every rung on the ladder of government taking money from them so as to throw their neighbor in a cage for ingesting a particular substance.

Like any "war" on something so vague (i.e. terror, poverty, etc.) it is literally never ending. People have been born, lived, and died of old age; all the while paying for this massive prohibition on drugs--senseless.

Unsurprising I suppose. If the gubament tells ya something's evil, and hires ad-men to convince you...well, it must be true.

#63588 - 01/12/12 04:24 PM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Set]
Merkwürdigliebe5 Offline
pledge

I would be hard pressed to find a more eloquent summation concerning the foolishness of drug abuse than this,

“I consider drug abuse a polite alternative to suicide. Perhaps one day euthanasia will be be made attractive enough and the drug problem will be solved.”

-Anton LaVey

-Dr. Septimus Pretorius

#63655 - 01/14/12 04:00 AM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Zach_Black]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
When you realize prisons are owned by private corporations in the US and these same corporations fund billions into the political arena. One can clearly see why the war on drugs is still in effect. Any change in law will hurt their profit and in turn lessen there contributions.

~T~

#63661 - 01/14/12 10:21 AM Re: What kind of drugs? [Re: Set]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
Not to echo what everyone else has said too badly but what laws say about drugs is irrelevant. Drugs being illegal is the government insisting it owns your body.

But what bothers me personally is this notion that drug use is rebellious or anti-establishment. The people who are so farsighted they think the 'establishment' ends with the suits and the cops. The drug trade is part of the establishment, so are the clubs, the rock shows, the rappers, and every bit of social norms tell you to use drugs. Because drug use is, of course, the norm. At least it is in my age group and country, and all I hear hints that it's the same for most of the first world for the last several decades.

If rebellion is defiance of convention then drug use certainly isn't rebellious. Not smoking weed or getting shitfaced drunk is what makes you a black sheep. Society is the establishment. I'm sick and tired of this idea that you're defiant by doing exactly what society tells you to.

The popular desire is to be rebellious. Embracing the popular idea of rebellion is what's apt to make you most popular! REBEL YELL! LET'S ALL GET HIGH AND PUT ENGLISH FLAG STICKERS ON OUR GUITARS! REBELLIOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

Most people's aspirations are to sit still and feel good. I'd rather feel good from accomplishing something.

Best stated by Frank Zappa.
"When you take them it turns you into a type of person that I don't like to hang around with. Their personalities mutate. Their value systems change. And generally, this is not a hard and fast rule all over the world, but It is my observation that when americans consume drugs they are instantly transformed from regular, normal human beings into raging assholes. I just don't like to be around them."

"There's no question in my mind that if you follow the pyramid right up to the top that there's no difference between the people who are importing it and the people who are arresting you for using it."

Page 3 of 17 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.