Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#59273 - 09/20/11 03:14 AM Site Loading Problem
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Whenever I try to open certain pages (like the Forum homepage or login screen) only half of the page will load. I've tried clearing my history, using another browser, same thing happens every time. Is this a forum problem or do I blame it on my slow computer or internet connection?
#59277 - 09/20/11 07:47 AM Re: Site Loading Problem [Re: Alex Crowley]
Managor Offline

Try clearing your browser cache and cookies.

If it still happens, it's the site.

#59278 - 09/20/11 08:17 AM Re: Site Loading Problem [Re: Managor]
Rein Offline
stranger

Loc: Richmond, VA
Alright, let's get you going in the right direction.

The website is sent from the owners web server every time it is requested by another computer, so if the site itself were the problem, everyone would be having this issue.

The browser cache and cookies are not the only things that could effect this. Certain firewalls and applications can interfere with website pages loading completely.

To find out what is causing the issue you can download the Firebug add-on for Firefox to find out where the page has stopped loading. It may not give you the reason, but it will put you on the right track of where to look.

If your unsure of what something means in the read outs or of where to go next Google is a good place to look.

Firebug: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/

#59291 - 09/20/11 01:45 PM Re: Site Loading Problem [Re: Managor]
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
 Originally Posted By: Managor
Try clearing your browser cache and cookies.

If it still happens, it's the site.

Yeah, that's the first thing I tried. It seems to work fine now. It was probably some site problems.

#59297 - 09/20/11 02:21 PM Re: Site Loading Problem [Re: Alex Crowley]
Managor Offline

You kept seeing pictures of a reaper playing a violin didn't you?

Above everyones post before I cleared the two I kept seeing an avatar of a reaper playing the violin.

#66043 - 04/11/12 09:21 AM Re: Site Loading Problem [Re: Managor]
Erich Zann Offline

Loc: Germany
I'll post in this thread because basically this falls into the category "loading problems", but it's more post related.

For a few days now I'm confronted with the situation that it takes a really long time for posts to be submitted (sometimes up to 1-2 minutes). In general, the whole site seems pretty slow at the moment (I couldn't reach it at all for several hours during the weekend) - sometimes, on the other hand, everything works fine.

Is this any server related issue or is it just my pretty old computer telling me that it's facing its last days currently? All the other forums I use work perfectly.

-Bart Simpson

#66054 - 04/11/12 11:31 AM Re: Site Loading Problem [Re: Erich Zann]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

During the weekend there was a down-time which was host related and it lasted up to Sunday.

I know the "post" delay you mention and am not quite sure what causes it. Either it's the aftermath of what went on during the weekend or it is related to something else, likely the d-base.

Xear will, as he always does, sort it out.

D.

#70258 - 08/15/12 05:35 AM Re: Site Loading Problem [Re: Diavolo]
Erich Zann Offline

Loc: Germany
Just for record: Once again some server issues it seems. The site takes ages to load or process new posts. Furthermore, I was encountered with the following error, if it helps:

-------------------
Script:
Line#:
SQL Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Please verify that your MySQL server is running
SQL Error #: 2013
Query: Unable to connect to the database!
-------------------

Yeah, I know, standard SQL error, but maybe the error number gives you any hint where the exact problem lies.

-Bart Simpson

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.