Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#59347 - 09/21/11 07:26 PM Saturday Sept 24th in NYC....
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
So they are having this event in the city this weekend.

http://www.nyc-ppp.org/NYC%20PPP/NYC-PPP.html

Their FAQ has an image of assorted Pagan symbols.

http://www.nyc-ppp.org/NYC%20PPP/FAQ.html

Just to see how tolerant they are I am planning on going. The group out in Cali has Zach speaking about Satanism, so I am curious to see just how open minded the New York City group is compared to the Sacramento one.

So, if anyone wants to go and meet up, contact me and let me know.

Morgan

#59350 - 09/21/11 09:02 PM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: Morgan]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
No doubt you will get mixed reactions. Based on my experience with pagan-y gatherings, many will be accepting and familiar with LaVeyan Satanism, but others are not so tolerant due to their desire to look as publicly-acceptable as possible.

In any case, have fun. We'll be expecting a full, detailed report upon your return. *salutes*

#59413 - 09/23/11 05:13 PM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: The Zebu]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
No doubt you will get mixed reactions. Based on my experience with pagan-y gatherings, many will be accepting and familiar with LaVeyan Satanism, but others are not so tolerant due to their desire to look as publicly-acceptable as possible.

Sounds like many who wear this title with a prefix attached does it not? In fact if LaVeyan means the CoS then they are as guilty of this than any other. As are many on this very forum...

~T~

#59417 - 09/23/11 07:55 PM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: ta2zz]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Yeah, its a shit fest with the weather right now.
Too much fucking rain, kinda sucks to be walking around in.
I know they are having it rain or shine, but I don't want to be soaked to the bone in some fucking mess.

I will probably go for an hour or less if its pouring. Might be kinda funny in a way seeing as how some of them tend to be afraid of water.

\:\)

#59443 - 09/24/11 01:41 PM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: Morgan]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
If I didn't have to work today I would go.

I agree with The Zebu. I could see a mixed reaction from them. The ones who take themselves too seriously would probably be less tolerant. I remember going to an occult bookstore a few years ago (after The Magikal Childe had closed down) to look for books on Satanism and was told in a very cold manner, "No. We only carry books on WHITE Magic"...lol

#59452 - 09/24/11 06:50 PM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: Knievel74]
dust-e sheytoon Offline

Loc: NYC
I enjoyed meeting Morgan, and also two male Satanists from New York.

Jonathan Sousa's Southern Italian Traditional Witchcraft workshop helped bridge some gaps in my knowledge, as I'm more familiar with West African, Anglo Saxon Wiccan, and Pre-Islamic Iranian traditional practices--in addition to LaVeyan Satanism. Regarding Satan, Sousa did mention the Moorish demon Eblis, and during the closing ceremony for the day, Sousa called upon Persephone and other underworld deities.

During the same ceremony he also had us face the statue of Liberty and address Liberty as one would a deity. This reminded me of one of the murals on the wall outside the former U.S. Embassy in Tehran, of the Statue of Liberty with a skull face--and of the Islamic Republic's leaders fondness for labeling the U.S. "Sheytaan bozorg" (Great Satan). Interestingly enough two Muslim women wearing headscarves, accompanied by two men, watched much of the ceremony with the rest of the crowd. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though. There are Muslim tourists too, plus there were Middle Eastern looking belly dancers amongst the ceremony participants. Women dancing in public would of course be forbidden under Sharia, but perhaps the outfits and makeup would remind some Eastern tourists of private parties back home.

#59480 - 09/25/11 10:43 AM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: dust-e sheytoon]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

It ended up being a nice day. I was glad I got to meet dust-e and the two guys from the Sin site. The Pagan fest was smaller than I expected, but we did meet up early in the day. It was right near the water, and after a few circles of the booths I was done.

The booths included the usual candle, tee shirts, incense, and kitties for adoption that I kinda expected to see. I guess they brought out all the black cats for adoption because they had 2 black kitties, and 1 a few months old that was black. There weren't really any environmental booths there, but I later saw them at a different street fair on East 4th. There was the usual assortment of people you expected to see. I will post some of the pics in the photo gallery section.

Side note to Dust-e comment above, most Sicilians don't have a problem using the dark, or underworld deities in rites. From what I have seen, there is a natural affinity for them (myself included).

Looking forward to maybe planning something with more notice in the future.

Morgan

#59580 - 09/27/11 09:51 PM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: ta2zz]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
Sounds like many who wear this title with a prefix attached does it not? In fact if LaVeyan means the CoS then they are as guilty of this than any other.

I meant from a purely ideological standpoint. The CoS has more public influence on the collective definition of "Satanism" because of LaVey's legacy and his easily-digestible doctrines. Most pagans I've met are cool with it, but are completely unfamiliar with other (not well-organized) forms of Satanism, or the Left-Hand Path as an initiatory school of Hermeticism (which is even less well-organized).

Quote:
As are many on this very forum...

Yes, there is no man righteous, not one, but that's another discussion for another day.

Quote:
During the same ceremony he also had us face the statue of Liberty and address Liberty as one would a deity. This reminded me of one of the murals on the wall outside the former U.S. Embassy in Tehran, of the Statue of Liberty with a skull face--and of the Islamic Republic's leaders fondness for labeling the U.S. "Sheytaan bozorg" (Great Satan).

This sounds very interesting, and could be a very clever way to help nourish the roots of the fledgling US pagan tradition. I have also heard complaints from many Christians that Lady Liberty is a demonic idol and should be dismantled... guess the American ultra-right is just one anarchic upheaval away from a potential Taliban.

#59581 - 09/27/11 10:19 PM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: The Zebu]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
There were kittens!! Good job I wasn't there - I'd have worried about them being out in the rain and wanted to take them all home. \:\)
The goings-on remind me of the UK's Mind-Body-Spirit festivals; quite a lot of fluffy stuff at these but I did see genuine Whirling Dervishes perform at one and attended a class in Tibetan Singing Bowls, which was fun (and occasionally unintentionally funny). Even the weather looks like England in September. ;\)

#59693 - 10/02/11 12:15 AM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: Morgan]
s-roc Offline
Banned--idiot
lurker

How much does it cost to go and I kind of look up to u because I see u be standing up to people and also run shit lol

User was banned for being an idiot.

Edited by Nemesis (10/02/11 12:38 AM)

#61159 - 11/05/11 11:47 PM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: s-roc]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
Hope all is well Morgan ;\) Havent been on forums much lately, but if threres something fun msg me, I definitely would have come out if possible . . .

#61162 - 11/06/11 12:58 AM Re: Saturday Sept 24th in NYC.... [Re: Master Magick]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Simple meet up Sunday November 27, in NYC at Bull Mccabe's in the east village. Meeting up around 1 or 2 pm. Just wander in when you can, so no one has to wait for anyone else to get in out of the cold. It's at 29 St. Marks Pl
(between 3rd Ave & Astor Pl).

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.