Page 8 of 13 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#61004 - 11/03/11 09:50 AM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: halfchaos]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: halfchaos

"Legislate morality"? Are you fucking high on meth, or were you born stupid? Sharia law isn't a legislation of morality.

If a law, sharia or otherwise, identifies an 'offense' and then calls out a punishment for that offense then it is a legislative act.

Which leads to:

Originally Posted By: halfchaos

According to Sharia Law, if you have pre-marital sex, post-marital sex, adultery, falsely accuse someone of adultery, or even so much as drink alcohol ... you are fucking stoned to death in an arena of people that want nothing more than to watch you die.

Here you have an offense and a punishment. These 'violations' are based on the morality of the culture and not on property loss, loss of life, loss of limb or any other law that prevents actual (fiscal) damages to another person or entity. Obviously, this was what FemaleSatan was referring to right before you went off on your half cocked and childish tirade.

#61015 - 11/03/11 05:38 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: Fnord]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Actually, every law is a legislation of morality. The moment someone, or something, states you can't do something, morality comes into play because without morality, there wouldn't be restriction.

So Sharia law is as much a legislation of morality as our laws are.

D.

#61018 - 11/03/11 06:36 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: Diavolo]
halfchaos Offline
temp ban
pledge

Loc: ^NY
All of this is still based on a lot of assumptions based solely on fear. But I digress, I have repeated myself more than I do usually. I'm not doing it anymore. If you want to go on a crusade and start taking shots at muslims as they pass by your home, be my guest. But you'll do it without me, and without most americans I think.

As for "FemaleSatan", FemaleSatan ignored every single thing I said and mentioned something else entirely every single time. It pissed me off and honestly I'm tired of talking about it.

Your political beliefs are that of a child. Your blind hatred for everything not white and dubbed "american" is going to get us into more wars we shouldn't be involved in. That very hatred is why things like the patriot act were passed without much of any challenge in the first place.

Whatever. Believe what you want. I'm never going to conform to your herd bullshit. Get over it.

#61021 - 11/03/11 07:02 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: halfchaos]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
Your political beliefs are that of a child. Your blind hatred for everything not white and dubbed "american" is going to get us into more wars we shouldn't be involved in.

Now this is a Strawman fallacy. I challenge you to find one post in this thread (or any other) where one of us (the people who have posted in this thread thus far) has displayed "blind hatred for everything not white and dubbed 'american'". D isn't even American so I doubt he really gives a shit about America.

#61023 - 11/03/11 07:31 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think the boy is a bit naive then it comes to politics and control.

I'm not sure if he was talking to me but if, I have no idea where he noticed my blind hatred. This far, I simply explained how things work.

D.

#61026 - 11/03/11 08:21 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: Diavolo]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Pretty much exactly what I was getting at D (or meant to). The exceptions are where actual monetary damages occur that don't require a moral component to legislate.

halfchaos, you really should calm down and read the thread again. Your mis characterizations of what is being said is leading me to believe that you don't really understand the conversation or that you're interpreting what is being said incorrectly.

Edit:
No one is asking you to conform to any herd mentality at 600 because it doesn't exist here. You will be asked to maintain a reasonable standard of exchange though in your time here. If you continue the internet tough guy act your days will surely be numbered.

Edited by Fnord (11/03/11 08:38 PM)

#61029 - 11/03/11 08:52 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: Fnord]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
We get similar arguments going on in the UK all the time, based on what if? Of course Sharia law isn't going to get a grip on any advanced Western nation; the idea is preposterous.

For a start, you'd need a hell of a lot of people to vote it in via their election of political leaders of that religious persuasion. Then you would need Sharia law to somehow be proven not to contravene the established laws or have steps taken to dissolve these (not going to happen). The monarch wouldn't sign the relevant Act of Parliament in any case as she (so far as I know) does not advocate the murder of raped women and enjoys eating game shot on her reserves without halal preparation. ;\)

This sort of paranoia simply gives fuel to stupid, racist groups like the English Defence League, whose members are barely literate in the language they profess to love so much and talk about "Muslamic Ray-guns" threatening Britain and children being forced to eat "foreign food" in school. Then they go out for a curry.

I'm tired of hearing anti-Muslim crap. I have friends who are (nominally) Muslim as that is their family background. Most enjoy a drink; none of the women cover up; two of them are out lesbians; two of them are transsexual men; one is a gay man and boyfriend of my pal downstairs; they all eat what they want to eat and have as much in common with Sharia law as I do with Seventh Day Adventism.

So, yeah, Sharia Law isn't arriving on the West's doorstep any time soon.
The potential influence of Christian nutters is, however, something we need to watch diligently.

Edited by felixgarnet (11/03/11 08:54 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling mistake.

#61035 - 11/03/11 10:40 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: halfchaos]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
You failed to understand my post, built a strawman of my views, and then proceeded to attack it with a series of personal insults. What point have you made besides the fact that you want to be a misinformed e-tough guy?

It's rather amusing to observe. ;\)

In our secular society, Religious Extremists of ALL stripes are using political correctness and Religious freedom to slide in laws based on their morality. Examples abound of the State violating the constitution in favor of "public interest" groups. Here's an example: Where I live they just passed "can't say gay". This law prohibits any mention of homosexuality in public schools. Why? It offends Christians. It is fully plausable any group could pull it off.

Sharia Law is a Religious Law that gives out a series of rules and punishments for them. It could easily be passed under the guise of "Religious Freedom".. I see it more as an issue of it being allowed to be practiced by individuals in the US than it replacing the current system. Yet. They are outbreeding us as well. A real contender for the next majority.
P.S. You picked the wrong new girl to attempt to haze, lol.

Edited by FemaleSatan (11/03/11 10:43 PM)

#61036 - 11/03/11 10:58 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: FemaleSatan]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
I would agree that Sharia law is already practised in its own small enclaves. The UK has had a number of "honour killings" here quite recently which are, of course, treated as murder by our legal system. The "outbreeding" claim, however always make me uneasy. There may be more Muslims in Britain than 20 years ago - and over all they do tend to have larger families than average (3 or 4 children against 1 or 2) - however, it's important to remember these are ALL Muslims, not just the Sharia law adherents.
I'd estimate that there are a hell of a lot of big, white evangelical Christian families sprouting up in the US whose progeny remain uncounted. These people have a lot of clout already and here in the UK they are busy interfering in laws which are none of their business, too.

Edited by felixgarnet (11/03/11 10:59 PM)
Edit Reason: I can't spell "Christian" tonight.

#61042 - 11/04/11 04:05 AM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: FemaleSatan]
Meph9 Offline

femalesatan why you are assuming that the nation does not have to fold to religious tolerance. Look at tennesesse where a community is trying to deny muslims the right to worship at a mosque because they are muslim

The political situation is that the GOP wants to attack muslims rights
the system is not fair

#61062 - 11/04/11 04:12 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: Meph9]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
Look at tennesesse where a community is trying to deny muslims the right to worship at a mosque because they are muslim

Link(s) or it didn't happen.

Quote:
The political situation is that the GOP wants to attack muslims rights the system is not

Life isn't "fair" and it never will be. Get used to it.

#61066 - 11/04/11 05:28 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: Fnord]
halfchaos Offline
temp ban
pledge

Originally Posted By: Fnord
Pretty much exactly what I was getting at D (or meant to). The exceptions are where actual monetary damages occur that don't require a moral component to legislate.

halfchaos, you really should calm down and read the thread again. Your mis characterizations of what is being said is leading me to believe that you don't really understand the conversation or that you're interpreting what is being said incorrectly.

Edit:
No one is asking you to conform to any herd mentality at 600 because it doesn't exist here. You will be asked to maintain a reasonable standard of exchange though in your time here. If you continue the internet tough guy act your days will surely be numbered.

- First you said that Sharia Law is coming to America.
- Then I asked you how exactly.
- Someone else asked you how it is taking such form exactly.
- Then we were linked to some article that only 2 people have read in total saying how liberals and muslims are actually the same thing.
---- Note: When a Republican says the word, "liberal", everybody knows they actually mean anyone that believes anything they do not believe in themselves.
-That was about when I asked what I initially asked for the 10th time or so.
-That is about when D came around and said basically that muslims will fuck and meet, just like the hispanics and the black folks, until they make a majority in this country and are able to make up a percentage of votes.
Because of their stronger percentage, which I assume is roughly between 200 to 400 years from now, sharia law will then pass because everyone in the House, Senate, Supreme Court, and Administration will be muslim, and we will start stoning the elderly and divorced women to death one at a time.
-Privately I laughed, I said that was absurd, to which 6satan threatened to ban me even though he is not a moderator. Little did he know I was already speaking to Morgan privately.
-Now the herdist Fnord comes around out of nowhere basically saying what 6satan has already said to such a finite detail that he's even threatening to ban me also even though he is not a moderator either.

Fnord, If all you are going to do is fuck 6satan in the ass and tell me Morgan or some other mod is going to ban me even though they are not actually going to ban me, then you can just shut the fuck up and be a silly little conformist somewhere else because I don't frankly have any desire to listen to it.

"Herd Conformity ó Thatís obvious from a Satanic stance. Itís all right to conform to a personís wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

So, our stance on herd conformity is:

Do it if you -want- to do it, but never do it just because lots of other people do it."

Apparently because I do not agree with FemaleBitch, FucksNords, 6jesus or D that makes me an "internet tough guy" and somebody "who should be banned".
Grow a dick, pussy.

Please take note;

Unless your replies are actually going to be logical, Like D's replies are, then they will not be read. I am 27, not 12. Bullying me into submission will not only fail, but it will amuse me and it will also empower me. I strongly advise each of you to grow up and expand your argument beyond, "This person is dumb, that person is stupid, and this person is scary."

#61068 - 11/04/11 05:38 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: halfchaos]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
Privately I laughed, I said that was absurd, to which 6satan threatened to ban me even though he is not a moderator. Little did he know I was already speaking to Morgan privately.

Hey, dumbfuck, I didn't threaten to ban you, I said you will most likely get one. How you managed to fall through the cracks is beyond me. Stop being such a fucking retard and get your facts straight. Yes, I am insulting you, yes, I was warned not to, no, I don't give a fuck if I get banned for it. So go ahead and snivel like a little bitch in PM if you want.

#61069 - 11/04/11 05:40 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: halfchaos]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
So wait, the argument is that islamic rule could never happen here because it it too far contra and morally abhorrent to the current status quo to ever take root?

Seems a bit of lack of perspective about history at play here. All empires fall eventually, and social norms change with or without such dramatic shifts of power. In two hundred years perhaps people of the same mind as those that would make this argument will be looking at our current state of affairs with the same sort of disgust.

Dust in the wind.

#61070 - 11/04/11 05:40 PM Re: Panel: Is Islamic Sharia Law Coming to America? [Re: FemaleSatan]
halfchaos Offline
temp ban
pledge

Originally Posted By: FemaleSatan
blahblah blah

After all those times you ignored everything I said, you don't honestly expect me to have a conversation with you now, do you?
That's not gonna happen. ;\)

Page 8 of 13 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.039 seconds of which 0.007 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.