Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#59961 - 10/11/11 04:55 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: Deluded Reality]
Managor Offline

Originally Posted By: Deluded Reality
I can see more of the differences between it now. Thanks.

Their is only one more question that I have though, and it was a thought that I had when I first read the Satanic Bible about four years ago. While Christianity points the finger at Satan and Satanism, throughout the book (the Satan Bible) Satanism points the finger at Christianity. Is that not just as hypocritical? At this point, I concluded that most religions are the same, or at least, end up being the same. While I now recognize the differences between different religions, I still view it best to go with my own religion, or religious views instead of following anothers.

Actually it's pointed at ALL religions who follow god. Not just one of them. ALL of them. Catholic, Jew, et al. You mainly hear of Christians because they are a majority, and are just more seen because they're not smart enough to get out of the spotlight with the shit they do.

Edited by Managor (10/11/11 05:06 PM)

#59963 - 10/11/11 05:10 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: Managor]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Deluded Reality - Matthew 7.12 does NOT say, "Do unto others as they do unto you". It says, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Rather different?

You exhibited sloppy scholarship and misquoted your source - just the vices of which so many Christians are guilty. ;\)

#59964 - 10/11/11 05:13 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: felixgarnet]
Managor Offline

Originally Posted By: felixgarnet
Deluded Reality - Matthew 7.12 does NOT say, "Do unto others as they do unto you". It says, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Rather different?

You exhibited sloppy scholarship and misquoted your source - just the vices of which so many Christians are guilty. ;\)

Ah, the golden rule in school...I knew something was missing.
Great catch there Felix!

Minus 10 points on your paper for that!

#59965 - 10/11/11 06:22 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: Managor]
Deluded Reality Offline
banned troll/needs to read more
stranger

Internet source. It gave the different translations of Mathe 7.12 from different (types of) Bibles. Can't trust internet too much. lol. But thanks for pointing that out. I'll make sure to use the other quote instead.
#59967 - 10/11/11 07:09 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: Deluded Reality]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
You're welcome. ;\)

For goodness' sake, though - if you're going to compare the two bibles in terms of ethical teachings, at least read the New Testament in hard copy!

#59975 - 10/11/11 10:33 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: Deluded Reality]
RAIDER Offline

Loc: PA
hypocrisy: a pretending to be what one is not, or to feel what one does not feel; esp., a pretense of virtue, piety, etc.

How is it hypocritical to oppose something you honestly don't agree with?
Also, all this Judeo Christian Bible quoting shit is starting to get 'under my skin'.
I, as a Satanist, don't expend much time or energy worrying about contradicting Christianity, as I am much more interested in the so called Left Hand Path I don't dedicate much of my very valuable time to indulging in the exploration of any 'white light' tradition...not just Christianity.
Satanism is not merely a reaction to organized religion and herd mentality it is also a philosophy unto itself.
Your last statement suggests you are questioning your own beliefs, I thought you were just writing a paper

#59976 - 10/11/11 11:35 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: RAIDER]
Deluded Reality Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: RAIDER

Your last statement suggests you are questioning your own beliefs, I thought you were just writing a paper

I question everything, including every source of information that I get because I doubt almost everything, and to me knowledge (or the truth) is something I desire tremendously. Therefore I do still question religion, and I do still on rare occasions aquire more religious beliefs that I accept as my own. However, of the religious beliefs I have I know that I will always keep (unless 100% real proof says otherwise). So it's not so much that I am questioning my own beliefs that I already have, but whether or not to accept more beliefs. And while this is still for a paper we are to give our own perspective or view on it at the end as well.

Other than that I think I might continue to use this website even after I finish the paper since I carry almost all of the beliefs that Anton LaVey has mentioned in the Satanic Bible; and, I originally thought that Anton's Satanic Bible was somewhat of a contradiction (eye for an eye) as well as hypocritical (the pointing the finger thing that I already mentioned). But now that I have gotten more opinions on the matter and researching more into Satanism in general, my views of it has changed. I no longer see it much of a contradiction, or as hypocritical as much really either. Needless to say I need to do more research...lol.

#60001 - 10/12/11 04:36 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: Deluded Reality]
Deluded Reality Offline
stranger

So, how does everyone here feel about the 10 commandments? Even though that may be a rhetorical question..
#60005 - 10/12/11 07:55 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: Deluded Reality]
Oxus Offline

Originally Posted By: Deluded Reality
So, how does everyone here feel about the 10 commandments? Even though that may be a rhetorical question..
The 15 . . . oops 10 Commandments have been associated with the 42 Negative Confessions from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Edited by Oxus (10/12/11 07:58 PM)

#60006 - 10/12/11 08:13 PM Re: Satanism vs. Christianity College Class Paper [Re: Oxus]
Deluded Reality Offline
stranger

lmao, I can agree with that. lol.

One line posts are frowned upon here. Please use proper English grammar. This is a forum, not a cell phone.... Morgan

Edited by Morgan (10/12/11 08:59 PM)
Edit Reason: warning/information

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.