Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#60176 - 10/18/11 01:58 AM Philosophy of the Church of Satan
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

Kevin Slaughter gives an hour-long speech on Satanism

#60177 - 10/18/11 02:26 AM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
It's nice and refreshing to see a practitioner give an intelligent and academic perspective on Satanism. Kudos.

Kinda loud at times though (at least he seems passionate)... and I noticed a certain giddiness in his voice every time he dropped a German philosophical buzzword... really drew out the guttural consonants. (I SEE WHAT U DID THAR)

Edited by The Zebu (10/18/11 02:40 AM)

#60183 - 10/18/11 10:31 AM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: SkaffenAmtiskaw

I just finished watching the lecture and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It is obvious he is a graphics designer and did his entire lecture on power point or similar software. It was well written, and thought out, one of the best lectures I have ever seen or heard on Satanism.

The only problem with it was the end of Chapter 8 where he gets into the point and it skips and goes right to Chapter 9... but it was powerful and a must see for all.

Oh, and I wanted to fix his damn collar the entire hour, drove me fucking nuts!

It is an hour long but I'd even like to see this put in the media room.

#60184 - 10/18/11 10:46 AM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: The Zebu]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
 Quote:
and I noticed a certain giddiness in his voice every time he dropped a German philosophical buzzword... really drew out the guttural consonants. (I SEE WHAT U DID THAR)

Ha! I noticed that as well, made me chuckle. I enjoyed his fiery sermon-on-the-mount style, reminiscent of Baptist preachers in the South. Was it deliberately ironic? Good stuff.

#60204 - 10/18/11 07:42 PM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: Nemesis]
Jake999 Offline

Actually... for those of you who've ever been to Germany and have heard someone who speaks "High German" isolate a word and pronounce it, that's pretty much what it sounds like. Always made me have a picture of Erich Von Stroheim in my head when I heard it.

And really... what the fuck is wrong with you people? Someone who knows their subject and can actually talk about it intelligently and without resorting to word soup? There might be hope... I live in hope, but dog-paddle in doubt.

If anyone would like an MP3 of this, let me know.

#60214 - 10/18/11 11:15 PM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: Jake999]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
I've seen about half of this so far and it's been bloody wonderful except that YouTube keeps stopping its videos on my PC. I've tried changing browsers, clearing cookies and so on but still have to keep stopping the show myself to buffer then press "start" again. This ruins any atmosphere built up by the voice as well as being a pain to do. Any ideas, folks?

Yes please, Jake I think quite a few of us would appreciate an audio copy we can download - thank you!

#60215 - 10/18/11 11:27 PM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: felixgarnet]
Jake999 Offline

OK Felix. I'll see what I can do... right now my mp3 is acting strange, but I'll work on it.

#60217 - 10/19/11 06:20 AM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: Jake999]
Rein Offline
stranger

Loc: Richmond, VA
It was indeed nice to hear someone who wasn't simply ranting but gave an intelligent and comprehensive viewpoint into Satanism. It was great to watch, but also wanted to listen to it on my mp3 player while working on projects.

I took the audio off of the film and uploaded it for anyone who'd like it. It's found here, a little over 125MB.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V53H1FEP

#60219 - 10/19/11 09:23 AM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: Rein]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Meh, at the risk of attaining captain bringdown status, I just have to offer this; whenever two or more aprehend something in an identical fashion, you can be sure one is following the other, and all of these CoS reps surely sound alike.

What made Anton great is that he followed no man, which is something lost to those that ride on his legacy.

#60222 - 10/19/11 10:03 AM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: Dan_Dread]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
Meh, at the risk of attaining captain bringdown status, I just have to offer this; whenever two or more aprehend something in an identical fashion, you can be sure one is following the other, and all of these CoS reps surely sound alike.

What made Anton great is that he followed no man, which is something lost to those that ride on his legacy.

Soooo... you know, Dan, most of the ONA people sound pretty damned much alike to me. If it weren't for buzzwords and jargon, I don't think that many of them would have anything to say.

It's the same with any group and any organization. ANY GROUP AND ANY ORGANIZATION.

So the guy "gets" what LaVey was saying... makes him no less effective than some of the ONA people who "get" what Myatt/Long were saying.

#60224 - 10/19/11 02:06 PM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
I enjoyed this immensely. I always like when something good comes out of the LaVeyan school of thought. Reminded me of a televangelist I watch on TV sometimes (his face gets so red, I am waiting for him to have a heart attack).

#60225 - 10/19/11 03:02 PM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: FemaleSatan]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

True story Jake, many that use ONA form are but followers.

As it is with anything.

The key difference is that the CoS, as an org aggressively promotes this sort of sychophantic mentality. Every single thing this guy had to say was straight from the mind of LaVey.

Would you hold the same respect for LaVey had he merely been parroting the ideas of others?

#60229 - 10/19/11 05:03 PM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: Dan_Dread]
The Zebu Offline

I think the talk had enough personal insight and elaboration to elevate it from the typical TSB-cliffnotes that's usually flung around, but of course, I can't vouch for him personally, having not met him nor see any of his other works.

#60235 - 10/19/11 06:52 PM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: The Zebu]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Devout followers of Jesus too, gain personal perspective and insight, to varying degrees, in regards to their chosen faith. That doesn't mean their core isn't rigid, and that they aren't dogmatic followers.

Ever hear a CoS member ever publicly disagree with a word LaVey ever said? I'm pretty sure their official policy is if you disagree with a single word written in TSB you aren't actually a Satanist.

Just sayin bro.

#60240 - 10/19/11 08:27 PM Re: Philosophy of the Church of Satan [Re: Dan_Dread]
The Zebu Offline

Heheh. Actually, LaVey had quite a few views that would definitely not fly with the modern CoS; even some verses in the Satanic Bible.

I'm not saying that LaVeyan Satanism is the bastion of freethought and originality, but I've met a few members that definitely knew their shit and could think for themselves.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.