Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#60379 - 10/23/11 10:45 PM humanism or satanism
blackflamedemon Offline
stranger

Loc: vaiden mississippi usa
while we are getting closer to ourselves and fousing on ouselves.we are staying far away from god as far as we possibly can,and getting closer to satan as we possibly can realizing we are one.and using the power that we get from him that we tapping into,erasing all the lies,and the deleting the mind controlling pastoral doctrines,we find our true self,the powers that we have.

Please use proper English and sentence structure. Your words are an example of who you are. If you can't take the time to reread what you write before you post why should we.... Morgan

Edited by Morgan (10/23/11 11:29 PM)
Edit Reason: warning/information

#60382 - 10/23/11 11:34 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: blackflamedemon]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
Mr. Sir, please post coherently, use proper capitalization, punctuation, and spelling, proofread your posts before posting, and please post something worth posting (something worthy of discussion as opposed to grand declarations). As it is, your postings are hardly decipherable, and speak more to you being lazy and irresponsible with your own thoughts than to you being intelligent and being able to hold a discussion or debate. If you haven't already, please also read the FAQ. You may be in the fast track to a ban, and may want to correct that.

#60387 - 10/24/11 12:26 AM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: Clicks]
blackflamedemon Offline
stranger

Loc: vaiden mississippi usa
ban me, i didnt know that you all was so disrespectful and hateful. i dont need to be here. ave satanas, and good luck on your futre sucess.

Why ban you? If you don't like it here, and can't follow simple rules, JUST FUCKING LEAVE AND DON'T COMEBACK. Otherwise get your act together...Morgan

Edited by Morgan (10/24/11 08:56 AM)
Edit Reason: information/warning

#60388 - 10/24/11 12:42 AM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: blackflamedemon]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
Mr. Sir, I simply offered advice. Everyone is expected to employ proper use of English while posting. That is in the FAQ as part of the forum rules. No one is here to make you feel good or accept you for who you are. Just take care in posting and you shouldn't have any problems from the mods. Oh, and it helps not to act like a 13 year old when criticised, but rather consider the criticism and act upon it constructively.

#60407 - 10/24/11 08:13 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: blackflamedemon]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: blackflamedemon
ban me, i didnt know that you all was so disrespectful and hateful. i dont need to be here. ave satanas, and good luck on your futre sucess.

It's not a matter of you needing to be here you illiterate fuck. It's a matter of principal. Use correct grammar and punctuation. Capitalize the first letter in a sentence, and break the sentences when the idea or topic changes into a paragraph.

We surely don't need you... you won't see any of us begging for you to stay. Grow some thicker skin and learn to accept some criticism for fuck sake.

#61126 - 11/05/11 10:56 AM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Diana Offline
lurker

This may have the potential to be a worthy topic. It is admittedly a bit difficult to sift through the original poster's words to get at what is being conveyed.

The topic being presented seems to address unity vs. individuality, and the shaping of the psyche and ego one undergoes in childhood vs. systematically dissolving these constructs to tap into a more formative force.

#61477 - 11/16/11 07:16 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: Diana]
exorcist Offline
stranger

What a waste. Of my time.
#61479 - 11/16/11 07:58 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: exorcist]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Perhaps spend your.Valuable, time. Learning. What punctuation. Is for?

Just. A thought...

#61481 - 11/16/11 08:23 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: Dan_Dread]
exorcist Offline
stranger

Punctuation is for understanding written word.And I'm sure you did understand.
#61482 - 11/16/11 08:27 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: exorcist]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

So far you have made 4 posts, only one of which isn't a one-liner. I'm pretty sure Dan's post wasn't trying to elicit a response and was only trying to get you to think. So this thread was a waste of your time, okay, so then why waste even more time adding a post that brings nothing to the conversation other than that you feel it was a waste of your time?

I'll save you the trouble of typing up a lame one-line response and let you know that this post is meant only to get you to think more about how you intend to carry yourself on this board from now on.

#62133 - 12/02/11 07:13 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
exorcist Offline
stranger

"Humanism vs Satanism" seems more logical to me. (I apologise for my poor English in advance.) Is Satanism the alternative to Humanism , or vice versa? (Is Humanism the alternative to Satanism?) The idea that Humanism , in all of its aspects, could be interpreted as Satanism , is opposed for my beliefs. (And vice versa, the idea that Satanism could be interpreted as Humanism bears no logic for me.) For me, this post could trigger a further conversation about relationship between Humanism and Satanism.
#62151 - 12/03/11 09:54 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: exorcist]
Bette Doom Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
I agree with Diana, the topic is indeed worthy, regardless of OP's poor expression of it. I would say that LaVeyan Satanism, at least, is humanist to the core. LaVey aggressively de-emphasized the idea of external supernatural agencies, despite encouraging his readers to explore and employ occult methodologies in order to advance and promote their personal agendas. That aside, I wouldn't wish to conflate the two recklessly if only because, as a response to Abrahamic RHP religiosity in general, humanism tends to preserve the dichotomy of "human" vs. "spiritual/divine". Since any purposeful description of such things requires some degree of human imagination or invention, that just doesn't seem a very useful division to preserve. Thoughts? Would anyone else like to give the topic an actual "shot?*?

#62167 - 12/04/11 12:54 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: Bette Doom]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
The central tenet of humanism is a sort of apriori morality under which human life is inherantly sacred and valuable. LaVeyan Satanism, at least on paper, does not share in this central focus point.

Apples and oranges.

#62168 - 12/04/11 01:32 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: Dan_Dread]
Jake999 Offline

Yep, Dan... a lot of people try to box LaVey up as a Humanist. Never quite works out. But they keep on tryin!

#62174 - 12/04/11 02:56 PM Re: humanism or satanism [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
Yep, Dan... a lot of people try to box LaVey up as a Humanist. Never quite works out. But they keep on tryin!

Anton was a Satanist up to 1975, a narcissist thereafter. The satanatheists of the 600C are humanists who find it intolerably dull without "Satan" dress-up glamor. None of this is either obscure or complicated.

What does fascinate me is the strength of the need among satanatheists for this artificiality, as we have seen to the point of extreme anger when it is pointed out. One of Anton's contentions was that people need ritual and dogma beyond mere rationality. Fowles put it this way:

Originally Posted By: John Fowles, The Aristos
Religious faith: mystery. Rational faith: law. The fundamental nature of reality is mysterious - this is a scientific fact. In basing themselves on mystery, religions are more scientific than rational philosophies. But there are mysteries and mysteries; and Christianity has foolishly tried to particularize the fundamental mystery. The essential and only mystery is the nature of what the Christians call "God" or "Providence". But the church has introduced a fairground of pseudo-mysteries, which have no relation to truth, but only to the truth that mystery has power.

Yet man is starved of mystery: so starved that even the most futile enigmas have their power still. If no one will write new detective stories, then people will still read the old ones.

Today's satanatheists have introduced an interesting new spin: assertion, indeed glorification of personal hypocrisy in their stance. "I say and do these things, but I know they're fake, just for show." To which Anton's 1973 comment responds:

Originally Posted By: Anton LaVey, The Occult Explosion
It has been said that the most powerful thing in the world is an idea whose time has come ’round. The idea that the “enemy” might conceivably have something worthwhile to say is now with us. In fact, is that demon within each of us really an enemy, as we have so long been taught? Or will it be recognized as the guiding spirit of enlightenment which it actually is? You must remember that the word Daimon does not imply “evil”, but simply a “guiding spirit”, a “motivating spirit”.

Man must quit kidding himself. Only when he emancipates himself from dubious interpretations of good and evil - when he can truly rise above good and evil, beyond good and evil, realizing that these terms are probably the most relative terms in his existence; when he can accept the long, obscene name of “Satan” [because that is a dirty word, “Satan” - the occult world seems to find it even more so]; when he can accept this word, this name into his vocabulary as a sound to be honored - then he will be free! Until then he will walk in fear of the very scapegoat he has created, and his potential guide will remain his nemesis.

Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Fnord 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.