Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1439 - 11/04/07 10:08 PM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: 139381512]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

Loc: PA. U.S.A.
Sometimes, I do say crazy things, but I am realizing that i was not giving this place the rspect it deserved. I wish to learn,
I apologize.
as for the jewlery I own none .I would like to but not for shock value.

#1445 - 11/05/07 05:11 AM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: SSSnake]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Using Satanism to scare Christians means you're not worthy of being called a Satanist, the fact is Christians are no worry to us, they have their own lives to lead and so long as they don't hold you down and force prayer on you it's nothing to do with you, let them have their gatherings.

I'm glad to hear you're willing to learn and I feel the first step that you need to take is getting rid of the desire you have to thrust a Baphomet in the faces of everyone at a church, it's not healthy, it's just showing intolerance and petty mindedness. Often a Satanist is better off not telling people they are Satanists to further there own end. I have yet to tell people I'm a Satanist, not even my friends, yet I've made a Civ4 mod where I've added Satanism as a religion, I've discussed the religion in some depth with a few of my friends and I even rebuttled with a rather loud cry of "Hail Satan!" after someone screamed "Here Comes Jesus!" in the park last night... I don't make an effort to hide it but I don't need to tell everyone.

Satanism is not about rebelling (something I'm often guilty of mind, I have been known to succumb to the sin of counterproductive pride), it's about learning, knowing, feeling and ultimately finding as much happiness as you can. To be better than you are now, to improve, to make the most of the life you have because while everyone else is scoring browny points with the big guy in the sky and wasting their lives, you are making your life worthwhile. It doesn't need to leave a lasting effect on the world or put your name in history books. Just so long as you can look back in 50 years and say "Fuck! I did some great shit in my life. Time well spent", you've succeeded.

Edited by TornadoCreator (11/05/07 05:12 AM)
Edit Reason: Spelling Errors

#1449 - 11/05/07 09:25 AM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: TornadoCreator]
139381512 Offline
stranger

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Excellent post, couldn't have said it better myself. I think it takes maturity to fully grasp Satanism. Most of the kids are the ones dressing in face makeup and dark garb. I have always worn what I want and looked how I wanted despite what was trendy. I step outside the established homogenized societal norms.

#1455 - 11/05/07 06:22 PM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: TornadoCreator]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
 Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
Using Satanism to scare Christians means you're not worthy of being called a Satanist

no more fun playing with the sheep i see, if you enjoying it, and it something you want to, and have fun doing there's nothing wrong with it. its called hummer, but if you doing solely for shock value, that person isn't a satanist, do lack of understanding. Satanism a way of thinking, and understanding. i don't think you or anyone for matter can say, someone is or isn't worthy of being called a Satanist.

Quote:
the fact is Christians are no worry to us, ............. I feel the first step that you need to take is getting rid of the desire you have to thrust a Baphomet in the faces of everyone at a church

well your assuming to much there, 1st you assuming the person, is going wear it it where anyone can see it. 2ed you make it seem like everyone really needs to care, of what others think. i guess that can be a form conformity, when you start caring more about what ppl think of you. (why would a satanist, be going to church).

Quote:
I even rebuttled with a rather loud cry of "Hail Satan!" after someone screamed "Here Comes Jesus!" in the park last night... I don't make an effort to hide it but I don't need to tell everyone.

might as well, i don't tell anyone, about me being a satanist, only a few family members, and one or two of my closest friends have be told, when i felt like sharing that fact with them. (i work and i have no plans to tell anyone there) But if your crying it out loud, you are telling every that could hear your voice, you are a satanist. Then why go on about, telling ppl not to wear a Baphomet for shock value (which i don't). you assume that you know there standing in life, and there feelings on the matter.

Quote:
Satanism is not about rebelling

yeah it is.... to me, from conformity, dogmatic thinking. Its about thinking on your own, living with effects, i agree with the learning, and happiness is must, rebelling can be a way of thinking, too

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#1456 - 11/05/07 06:45 PM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: blackdragon31560]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

I ware no make up im damm near 40yrs old grew up in raymeyers hollow many witches around i know satan as the bibble satan and pagan satan and satan lies cheats and brings fear to thos that diserve it lavey taught to crush thy enemies these christains are mine why should thay prosper, iv'e read the bible many times and to be a wolve I must kiss Christain ass too over run them they are the enemy.

#1463 - 11/05/07 09:25 PM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: blackdragon31560]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Good call Blackdragon31560,

Come on now... isn't it just a little fun scaring someone? Just a little... huh? Otherwise what's the point... we were talking about "enjoying ourselves".

I understand what TornadoCreator's well-intentioned meaning was - I mean, we must be "responsible" and such... especially with creepy douglas running around out there in the world.

But, "Christians are no worry to us... and "Satanism is not about rebelling"... I must look up your country of residence after I post this. In the United States, Christians are a worry to anyone who is not Christian - it's the way things are. "Satan", from what I've heard about 2000 times on this forum means "Adversary", and an adversary is an antagonist - an antagonist in this context of a Christian-controlled state would by nature be rebellious. Many "Satanists" here have come from Christian backgrounds, acknowledged a distaste for the religion and realized there was something very wrong with either "it" or "themselves", perhaps stumbled upon some sort of literature that helped define more clearly their stance, even having the "Satanic Bible" fall into their laps, and had a great working definition of what they'd been thinking and feeling all along. This so-called Modern Satanic "religion" is a fantastic tool for getting rid of many years of "God" (that is YHVH, if your nasty), if only for the simple reason that it is, in fact, a rebellion of sorts. Maybe I'm talking out my ass.

Getting back to the Baphomet thing... why wear any jewelry at all? Why do I have a wedding ring on my finger? (Sorry ladies... \:\/ ) Why wear a suit and tie? Or why grow out your hair and beard? Why that new blouse? Why do you care if you "look fat" in it? You know you're fat, that's why you ask people if you "look fat"... but why are you asking? I'm ranting.

If you want to wear a Baphomet and your happy, clap your hands... if you wear it to a Christian church, please videotape it, and place it in the "Video Discussion Forum". If you get beat up at the mall, or impress a chick, or even happen to meet other Satanists through your use of this pendant, I'm sure we'd all be happy to know about it. Please keep us posted.

#1472 - 11/06/07 03:20 AM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: SSSnake]
139381512 Offline
stranger

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
I hate to sound nit picky, but your spelling is horrible. We don't have destroy the christians, they do a fine job of looking like fools on their own. The tides will change for christianity in do time.

#1474 - 11/06/07 03:58 AM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: 139381512]
TornadoCreator Offline

I'm from the UK daevid, so as you can imagine Christianity is large and powerful but not all encompassing here, not like in America. It's quite possible that a quarter of out MP's here are Atheist. Really the problem religion for us is Islam, it's on the rise and they complain about everything.

As for the other criticisms that have been made, well I consider Satanism to be a serious way of life. I don't consider it a way of making fun of people and "having a giggle", sure that's nice from time to time but I want something more fulfilling out of my philosophy than that. I want something that will help me shape and grow to become the best I can be in my own mind. Satanism does that for me and I find it rather upsetting that people use it as nothing more than a cheap laugh and a method of offending religious people, after all, society will be more likely to accept Satanism if we're not all trying to upset people in churches with Baphomet medallions.

#1478 - 11/06/07 06:24 AM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: TornadoCreator]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

i agree with you all it was just a thought I had, no one knows
im a satanist but my wife, its hard to learn on your own.
I try to stay out of the herd here in america lots of fakes
and they all where jewlery.

#1479 - 11/06/07 07:12 AM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: SSSnake]
TornadoCreator Offline

The "Goth" subculture has made the Pentagram and baphomet very popular symbols, they're no longer uncommon.

#1482 - 11/06/07 11:35 AM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: TornadoCreator]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
society will be more likely to accept Satanism if we're not all trying to upset people in churches with Baphomet medallions.

you bring up very good points. why do we need society's approval, so we can have ban-wagoners. i think you forget that satanist's and all non judeo-christian's are there enemy. it the same way fo thinking for most major religions. I stopped carrying what society thinks a long time ago, they as whole will always judge, without thinking. And though church people wearing a dead man that may or may not have excited around there neck, that is hypocrisy. Why not ask them to stop wearing a dead man around there necks or the star of david or any religious symbol (very good point daevid777). Why should we give something up, for people that by nature think we, as most of the world is out to get them.

Really the problem religion for us is Islam, it's on the rise and they complain about everything.

There doing pretty much doing the same thing christians sis in the crusades. As most major religions go through. I accept all religions, to me it more like, what ever works for you, but why should we lower our self’s simply to make some people mad, not AS angry. Tolerance is the key, I tolerate them with little to no effort, yet they won’t do the same. Treat people, as they treat you, good words, another is Tolerance.

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#1484 - 11/06/07 01:14 PM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: blackdragon31560]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
 Quote:
society will be more likely to accept Satanism if we're not all trying to upset people in churches with Baphomet medallions.

"Society" will never accept Satanism... medallions aside.

#1486 - 11/06/07 02:15 PM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: daevid777]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
It's trendy for a few years now.
I bought a pink stretchy SATAN shirt at Joyce Leslie 2 years ago.
They/Society may not accept it as a common religion/philosophy, but they accept it as a fashion trend.

As a fashion trend they dont have to think about it, just wear it cause everyone else does.

Morg

#1491 - 11/06/07 03:33 PM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: Morgan]
TornadoCreator Offline

The reason I want Society to accept Satanism is because I don't want to be a "rebel", I want to enjoy my life. That means I need Society to accept or at least tolerate my outlook on life, if not I'll hide it.

I'm going to make this point plain and obvious now to everyone.

IF SOMETHING MAKES IT HARDER TO LIVE YOUR LIFE IN A PEACEFUL AND HAPPY MANNER IT'S A BAD THING!

Rebelling doesn't help. Being different doesn't help. Being "unique" doesn't help. You need to fit in with society for society to accept you. We all know that we're different and that's what matters. That doesn't mean we have to shout it out at everyone and make sure they know we're different.

Satanism is about improving the quality of your own life, nothing more or less. That's it. The whole reason it exists. It's not a method to show your individuality, it's not a world changing movement, it's not a way of pissing off the religious in the world. Fitting in with society will cause less antagonistic reactions and will mean I don't have to hide my 'religion' out of fear that it may have undesirable consequences. This is a positive effect on my life and thus something I strive towards.

If now you're still wondering why having Satanism accepted by society is a good thing then you're really rather stupid. Think about it properly.

I DO care what Society thinks as a whole because I'm not under the extremely widespread delusion that is spreading through Satanists at the moment. The delusion that Society doesn't have an effect on us, it does, it effects our lives considerably. Therefore, I want Society to treat me well or at the very least with neutrality, I don't want to be considered an antagonist, anarchist or threat of any kind.

#1494 - 11/06/07 03:58 PM Re: Satanic Jewlery ...... [Re: Morgan]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
I've had a pretty large Pentagram ring on my finger for quite some time now, and have had no trouble over it. I spent a year worknig at the university and nobody said anything. The only time someone has made a remark about was this christian nut about a week ago. He just asked me whether I was a satanist, and since I didn't wish for a conversation I replied yes. He left it at that.

Quite many people know I'm a satanist, my girlfriend knows, my boss knows, my friends know and my band mates from my every band know and not once have I had trouble because of it.
If such would be a problem between friends then I guess we would be having wrong kind of friends.

I think Blackdragon said something about having stopped caring about the society a long time ago... So you live in the woods?
I believe you don't enjoy any benefits of the society then? You wouldn't mind being left unemployed and cut off any social security?
I find it quite hard to be totally uncaring about the society these days since few can support themselves without any assistance from anything or anyone inside the society. I don't have my own ranch to feed or a well to get my water from.

Blah, turns to ranting... Best I left talking to others for this night.

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.