Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#60431 - 10/25/11 02:57 PM The meaning behind your avatar
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
My last post is under topic „The meaning behind your username” and I start to think about our avatars... Maybe some of us have some great story about his/her avatar.

For example my avatar has small story. \:\)

I joined The 600 Club at 15.7.2011. and when I made my personal account’s profile and browsed through internet for search – I could not find, then I checked my pictures and I found picture taken from Jūrmala and author of the picture is my finish friend from Oulu.

He with his colleague and finish students came to Jūrmala, to visit my school in Bulduri (part of Jūrmala town), where I’m teacher and there is very small hobby-farm with goats and he took picture and he showed me his pictures… This small hobby-farm, which is maybe only one in this resort and Latvia’s elites living place… He showed his pictures and had comment about the the last one, which is my avatar and said – this goat is real Satan and I remembered his words and it was spontaneous idea – to have real satanic goat as my avatar.

My avatar is from the center of Latvia, from resort town of Latvia, from Jūrmala. Jūrmala is one of the best resorts of Latvia with beautiful beach and good cultural heritage…, the town, where I work and I can suggest for visitors of Latvia, who will go to my country…

My avatar is really Latvian, real Latvian Goat – Latvian version for Goat of Mendes.

Edited by Latvian (10/25/11 03:03 PM)
Edit Reason: my english is not so good

#60433 - 10/25/11 03:28 PM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: Latvian]
Managor Offline

Mines because I think it just looks awesome. Plus JFAC has some badassery music. Wish I had a great story behind mine, but I don't.
#60437 - 10/25/11 07:14 PM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: Managor]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
It's a TV and I. Why? Tv is god. Only a creative genius like myself would come up with the idea of having an avatar that shows something literally in my name.
#60438 - 10/25/11 07:17 PM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: Latvian]
Goliath Offline
pledge

There's not much of a story behind my avatar, I'm afraid.

It's Infinata, the villain from a particularly trippy episode of the 1967 Spider-Man cartoon--described by Spider-Man as, "An illusion--with intelligence! A malignant vision, with a will of pure evil!"

Infinata is a planet-smashing superbeing who wants to conquer the universe--yet for some reason, can't manage to defeat Spider-Man. Curse that meddling wallcrawler!

The episode in which Infinata appeared, "Revolt in the 5th Dimension," was recycled from a Canadian TV cartoon, Rocket Robin Hood. I used to watch both, as a child, and always wondered which came first.

#60439 - 10/25/11 07:59 PM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: Latvian]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
The story behind my avatar is a bit trivial but it goes like this. Seven or eight months ago on LttD forum the CoS Warlock posted a link to some antichristian site. I do not remember the name of the site or any essays there because they were too complicated and simply boring. The only thing that I liked there was a picture of a black cat in a reversed Pentagram. So I downloaded the picture because I thought it was extremely cute and original. And, anyway, I love cats.

The meaning of this picture is clear. It is a witch cat. In the Middle Ages black cats were thought to be devilish creatures and witches' familiars. During the witch hunts they were often killed together with their owners.

#60441 - 10/25/11 08:36 PM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: Latvian]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
Greetings!

A buddy of mine designed this avatar. It was supposed to be commissioned and used for a grotto that never really got off the ground. He's been on vacation for a while now and I am sure he won't mind if I use it in rememberance of those times.

#60446 - 10/26/11 12:53 AM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: Wicked Satanist]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Mine is me! I'm clutching my (now deceased) crazy old tabby cat, Chocky. His eyes caught the camera flash and lit up in a "spooky" way. \:\) Chocky was named for the Sci-Fi being because he was like a cross between a little boy and an alien. Very sweet and loving but perpetually startled by every day stuff as if he'd never encountered it before - clouds, furniture, a ticking clock, my housemate wearing a hat or taking his glasses off - the list was endless, bless him!
Anyway, the avatar is meant to show me as an occult-y type with a familiar. ;\)

#60524 - 10/28/11 07:02 PM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: felixgarnet]
Latvian Offline

Thank You Managor, TV is God, Goliath, Czereda, Wicked Satanist and Felixgarnet for Your stories! I read them all 2 or some of them even 3 times…

I think - the avatars are quite important, because everybody see it, when You made any post and sometimes it's interesting to know story about the avatar!

#60787 - 11/01/11 08:32 PM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: Latvian]
Shintorei Offline
lurker

Hi.
Assuming that my avatar is being shown , well it is a symbol of Zen , rather , it is a symbol of Nothing and everything.

#60836 - 11/02/11 10:04 AM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: Latvian]
Fnord Moderator Offline

Loc: Texas
I've always liked Cezanne's work, particularly his choice of elements in his still life paintings. To me, a skull in a still life represents contemplation because to view it, one must accept that there once was a person associated with it which then naturally flows into thoughts of mortality and the wisdom one uses while making life choices.

My own edits to this image are to remove the colors (because they are Cezanne's) and to add the 'X' shapes in the center of the foreheads of each. I did this because I identify with Charles Manson's idea that he wanted to 'X' himself out of the grasp of conventional wisdom and the accompanying rules of society. To me this represents a baseline and the image serves (me) as a reminder to question rather than accept.

By the by, I also find the idea of symbols fascinating (an avatar is a choice of symbol to represent oneself after all).

One of my favorite books to thumb through while I'm idle at my desk is Adele Nozedar's Secret Signs & Symbols. Also, of course, a fascinating read on the subject is Jung's Man and His Symbols.

Edited by Fnord (11/02/11 10:11 AM)

#61558 - 11/18/11 07:37 AM Re: The meaning behind your avatar [Re: Fnord]
Latvian Offline

Originally Posted By: Fnord
...I also find the idea of symbols fascinating (an avatar is a choice of symbol to represent oneself after all)...
I find symbolism very interesting for us Satanists, but sometimes I see some people are deep in theories of conspiracies and found symbolism of evil everywhere… Of course all talented men and women of the world are ‘in sorte diaboli’ from Latin it means - In direct contact with Satan…, all successful people are accused by contacts with Satan or evil forces… and accusers see symbols everywhere…, but I put Pentagram, wear T-shirts with occult symbols, old runic texts, goat of Mendes, some black metal bands, because I’m proud to be Satanist and I’m happy to walk on path of darkness, practice LHP philosophy in my life.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist, Fnord 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.