Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#6048 - 03/20/08 09:31 PM Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla.
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla.

MARATHON, Fla. (AP) — A 75-pound stingray killed a Michigan woman Thursday when it flew out of the water and struck her face as she rode a boat in the Florida Keys, officials said.

Judy Kay Zagorski, of Pigeon, Mich., was sitting in the front seat of a boat going 25 mph when the spotted eagle ray, with a wingspan of 5 to 6 feet, leaped out of the water, said Jorge Pino, spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

"Rays jump to escape a predator, give birth and shake off parasites," said Lynn Gear, supervisor of fishes and reptiles at Theater of the Sea in Islamorada. "They do not attack people."

In 2006, a South Florida man was also critically injured when a stingray flopped into his boat and stung him. James Bertakis, 82, of Lighthouse Point, underwent surgery because the stingray left a foot-long barb in his heart. He has since recovered.

Full Article Here

First the fool Steve Irwin… Then another man in the heart even, now this? Are Stingrays learning to attack humans? Looks like deaths by stingray might be going up…

~T~

#6049 - 03/20/08 09:36 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: ta2zz]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Thats crazy Tazz. I picture something like the Hand Parasite from Aliens. We'd all be in trouble if stingrays had brains. How do they kill people anyways, do they spear people with their tails like scorpions?

~~352~~

#6052 - 03/20/08 09:45 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Well with good ole Steve we can all imagine him grabbing it carelessly as was his way and getting the barb right in the heart... When I heard of the guy a couple of years ago also struck in the heart while in his boat, I made light of it in an old thread...

This lady it seems was just struck and killed by impact alone... Too bad no heart shot to back up my theory... ;\)

I also remember all the bleeding hearts that Irwins death brought out on this forum... My argument was basically we knew it was coming to which the reply was but its so strange to die by stingray...

Now that we are watching the count it seems one death or serious injury every two years or so...

~T~

PS It is "ta" "2" "zzzz" (tattoos)

#6053 - 03/20/08 09:49 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: ta2zz]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
I liked Steve Irwin, so fuck off...

May stingrays devour your heart and brains...

#6055 - 03/20/08 09:55 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: 97and107]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: 97and107
I liked Steve Irwin, so fuck off...
May stingrays devour your heart and brains...

What and kill off all of those demons imprinted in the cellular structure of my brain?

Oh Naomi thats just didoes... ;\)

~T~

#6056 - 03/20/08 09:56 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: ta2zz]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
damn you willy wonka!!
#6057 - 03/20/08 09:57 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: ta2zz]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: ta2zz

PS It is "ta" "2" "zzzz" (tattoos)
OH! Thats what that means. Sorry Ta[2]zz.

I just wanted to add that i think you and MSCA TEK are two people on here who i think are brilliant. Too bad MSCA TEK doesn't post much.

Steve was fun to watch, but yeah, we knew it was going to happen. I watch him always with my eyes partially closed every time he messes around with those alligators, just waiting for his arm to get bitten off.

~~352~~

#6060 - 03/20/08 10:12 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Stingrays are generally harmless. They usually take off for the deeps if you start getting close to them in the water. But if you step on them, oh shit are you in some trouble. Their barb can get up to 6 inches in length, and they have tiny angled teeth on them. So when one of those goes straight through your ankle, the only way to get it out is to keep pushing it through the direction it's already going. If you try to pull it out the way it came in, you not only can tear the flesh worse than it already is, but you run the risk of the teeth of the barb breaking off and floating around in your bloodstream. They hardly ever jump though.

We have problems here in Florida rivers when the sturgeon are spawning. Those things jump some 5 or 6 feet into the air, and if you're flying down the river in a boat going 30 knots and one of those things happen to jump at the right time, that's 100 lbs of sturgeon + inertia and whatever the hell else is involved on the physics end of that equation. Either way, it ends up with someone's face looking like they went through a windshield.

#6065 - 03/20/08 10:46 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: Nemesis]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Oh! I thought they were poisonous. The barb is like a fish hook, cuz you have to keep on pushing the hook thru to the other side if you wanna get it out. I get it. I didn't realize they can jump so high. Now i see how the lady in a boat got killed. I guess her boat was going fast. Thanks Nemesis.

~~352~~

#6730 - 03/30/08 09:47 AM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
They are ina way poisonous actually. It is not a poison toxin to humans is all. There poison is meant to paralyze. When they stab with there tail it exreats a poison that travels through the blood stream and temporarily paralyzes the victim. In humans, usually the poison only spreads out a good 4-7 inches and paalyzes/numbs the entire area. Much like the feeling of being stung by a moderately strong jellyfish. Same type of effect, putting there victim into temporary shock or paralysis. Thats one of the reasons it is bad to step on the floor of the ( Ocean or sea? I forget. ) because your leg may becaome temporarily paralyzed and you will drown with inability to swim. It has happened. I love stingrays and any of the more exotic or dangerous animals and I used to study an extreme amount as I thought I wanted to become a biologist. Only problem was I would get 90%'s in english, not math. anyway thought I would add in my knowledge that I have.

By the way I LOVED watching Steve, he was my idol when I was younger. I thought he was funny and he did love animals. But yes he was sometimes to trusting in the animals so he never thought he would get hurt. But the fact that he was never really afraid of them but loved them, has saved his ass more then once. But yes his fate was inevitable.

#6759 - 03/30/08 03:59 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

7 inches?... thats way too big. I'm not into having something 7 inches impale me. So they are poisonous? with or without the poison that barb looks nasty.

Isn't ocean and sea the same thing Snow? I failed geography.

I liked steve to. But he was soo overly dramatic. I love it when his eyes open so wide and they way he talks about the most ordinary thing or bug, like its a first scientific discovery. At least he died doing what he was passionate about.

What are you passionate about Piggy? I have a stupid passion in life at the moment. I wanna start a nonprofit charity organization called ARO (African Relief Organization); raise money and buy orphanages to care for children whose parents have died of AIDS. The numbers of orphaned kids like this are over whelming and unbelievable. But its not all for altruistic purposes. I want to raise them up Satanists; my breed of Satanists. Send them to colleges... We'll see where we go from there.

~~352~~

#6776 - 03/30/08 07:57 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Well currently I am extremely passionate about music. I'm into a band and I do vocals so I have been feeling really passionate about it. But if you mean in a caring sense of others. I've always felt sorry for the homeless people and always want to do something. It's really sad. =/ Even the poor homeless people don't act emo. *SIGH* Lol.

That's way to big? So much for us sleeping together after a night of good drinks. xD Sorry couldn't resist.

Although the terms "ocean" and "sea" are often used interchangeably, a sea is generally considered to be smaller than an ocean. One definition of "ocean" is: a great body of interconnecting salt water that covers 71 percent of the Earth's surface. There are four major oceans—Arctic, Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific. However, some sources do not include the Arctic Ocean, calling it a marginal sea. The term "sea" is often assigned to saltwater areas on the margins of oceans, such as the Mediterranean Sea situated beside the Atlantic Ocean.

Different wildlife populate different areas based widely on if it is a sea or an ocean. Becase of the different characteristics each holds.

I really like your plan we should get together and try that. A whole new breed of intelligent pure satanists. Wow that sounds good.

But yah I guess thats the best way to go. Die doing what you love doing best. It's always better than dying in some shithole doing fuck all and wasting air. At least he was educating people and he inspired millions of people to care more for animals so thats what I find admirable and grand about him.

#6779 - 03/30/08 08:25 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: PigFeeder
Well currently I am extremely passionate about music. I'm into a band and I do vocals so I have been feeling really passionate about it. But if you mean in a caring sense of others. I've always felt sorry for the homeless people and always want to do something. It's really sad. =/ Even the poor homeless people don't act emo. *SIGH* Lol.

That's way to big? So much for us sleeping together after a night of good drinks. xD Sorry couldn't resist.

Although the terms "ocean" and "sea" are often used interchangeably, a sea is generally considered to be smaller than an ocean. One definition of "ocean" is: a great body of interconnecting salt water that covers 71 percent of the Earth's surface. There are four major oceans—Arctic, Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific. However, some sources do not include the Arctic Ocean, calling it a marginal sea. The term "sea" is often assigned to saltwater areas on the margins of oceans, such as the Mediterranean Sea situated beside the Atlantic Ocean.

Different wildlife populate different areas based widely on if it is a sea or an ocean. Becase of the different characteristics each holds.

I really like your plan we should get together and try that. A whole new breed of intelligent pure satanists. Wow that sounds good.

But yah I guess thats the best way to go. Die doing what you love doing best. It's always better than dying in some shithole doing fuck all and wasting air. At least he was educating people and he inspired millions of people to care more for animals so thats what I find admirable and grand about him.

Thank you professor Pig for the lecture on the Ocean, I have always wanted to know about oceanography. LOL...

Do you know how much untapped wealth is at the bottom of the ocean? I've thought about it.

Haven't we hijacked enough thread in here Snow?

The ARO, yeah, you start them off small and young, teach them right, give them the opportunity to make it in life. It won't require any brainwashing; just love and attention, and when they grow up they will realize that we have always meant well for them. Establish a brotherhood for them with secret initiations that practices favortism, and watch it grow. Send them off to colleges in key areas and set long term goals to accomplish. When they have children, they will continue the actualization of the goals, even long after we are dead.

Africa someday will be the third superpower. By Africa I mean the AU (African Union). I've been keeping up with the AU's progress. In total the AU as of now has about 800 people. India will be the second super power with its billion population; and of course China will be the first by 2020-2050. For my Satanism, I have my eyes set on all three, via orphanages and colleges.

We are entering an age when the west is dying as a superpower or influence. Christianity is basically dead in the west. Here Satanism has turn inert and orthodox, as opposed to revolutionary. Remeber Freemasonry during it's revolutionary days when they went around in America, France, and south america creating republics? and now Freemasonry is inert and orthodox. Its useless. To me Satanism has out lived itself here; unfortunately it had no goals and was not organized to accomplish much.

Christianity has moved into the other parts of the world - africa, and asia. Within a decade the people will be ripe for a "Satanism." One which is organized, with goals, and a collective purpose. But I don't think I will call it Satanism... something else.

Follow your passion - your music.

Anything over an inch for a lesbian is too big Piggy \:\) You'd have to get me really drunk... like 4 beers, before i put out!

~Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/30/08 08:46 PM)

~~352~~

#6783 - 03/30/08 09:11 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Only 4 beers?! You can't be a very big person. That's cool though, I like small women it's adorable. My gf weighs 95 lbs and is 4'10". Shes so adorable and cute thats why I love her. And shes 17 and done growing. xD

It's true, you and I keep hijacking everyones threads lol. Ah well. Wow you've really thought that out. You're more of a competition in intelligence for me than I though. Oh and your welcome on the lesson. xD I'm always willing to teach anybody anything on or about wildlife. And yesI have in fact thought about the vast amounts of untouched territory underneath the deep dark blues. Did you know they are still finding more completely new underwater species almost everyday? There is a vast amount not explored yet. But yas humans and being as curious as we are we will find out. Of course with the glaciers melting as fast as they are, we may never find out considering how fast the water is actually getting deeper.

#6784 - 03/30/08 09:21 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: PigFeeder
Only 4 beers?! You can't be a very big person. That's cool though, I like small women it's adorable. My gf weighs 95 lbs and is 4'10". Shes so adorable and cute thats why I love her. And shes 17 and done growing. xD

It's true, you and I keep hijacking everyones threads lol. Ah well. Wow you've really thought that out. You're more of a competition in intelligence for me than I though. Oh and your welcome on the lesson. xD I'm always willing to teach anybody anything on or about wildlife. And yesI have in fact thought about the vast amounts of untouched territory underneath the deep dark blues. Did you know they are still finding more completely new underwater species almost everyday? There is a vast amount not explored yet. But yas humans and being as curious as we are we will find out. Of course with the glaciers melting as fast as they are, we may never find out considering how fast the water is actually getting deeper.

Well I have this idea as to tapping into the untapped wealth of the ocean bottom. Its like a big vacuum pool cleaning thing; but with very big long hoses, and the front part of the hose is tipped with big drills; we use this bomb made of liquid oxygen and hydrogen (which we get from the ocean, and put them inside predrilled holes at the ocean floor, blow it up, then suck up the chunks of mineral and rock, which we catch on fixed up fishing boats? And thats it! Thats like a trillion dollars.

We can move to antarctica when all its ice melts.

I don't drink often, so i have very low tolerence, plus you look like a girl in your avatar, and i'm sober right now LOL. Pretty Boy!

~Kayla

ps - of course i'm way intelligent.

~~352~~

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.