Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#6793 - 03/30/08 11:18 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
Killer sharks,stingrays,and around here in tenn,it's spiders.Seems like a growing trend of bad luck around everywhere.The brown recluse has bitten 2people in 2months, habitats.Springtime.The black widows I have seen inside water meters so the nexttime you wanna go to your local water in that dark drain better watch for the badmedicine.However I really know nothing about the Recluse,I have only oldtimers stories of rotting flesh so bad that If you get bit the hospital has the antidote,but gangreen from the wound is the worst not the bite,My great uncle was bitten by a black widow inside some concreate blocks that were not sealed.He was laid up in the hospital for 4days "One sick puppie." In the 90's he saw a woman who had been bitten by a recluse where he was patroling inside the wealthy Carson newman college community,he was security there for a decade+.She survived the bite but almost had to have leg amp,because of the wound.Now in 08 2in knoxvilletn.The reculse I think has muscle toxin,the widow is nerve,I might be wrong,but think that is right.The recluse will rot your flesh from the wound all the up.Resulting in amp,because infection can be so severe.From sting rays to poision alley crawlers man and wild have to co-exist so there will always be a topic to hear and speak on.The national news has also been talking alot about the tiger maulings.One in the zoo another here just 3days ago again but this time it turned on its trainer for 20yrs.Steve-o however should not have pulled the barb out of his chest.I know that sounds crazy which is true,but when he pulled it out of the wound he hemmoraged out.They always teach you in the hospitals and hopefully in any feild if you get stuck with anything leave it in and bandage it.Pulling it out which is a automatic reflex will only bleed you out badly or put you to death more quickly from internal bleeding.

"And the band played on."
Haystack.

#6794 - 03/30/08 11:23 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: Isaak w shipley]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Psssh Reclues shmeclues; I can take a tiny spider. Just step on it. What I'm afraid of are CHIGGERS! They dig in your skin and lay eggs, and the worm Chiggers grow under your skin and crawl out. God thats nasty. I don't know what a Chigger looks like, I just read about them.

~~352~~

#6803 - 03/31/08 02:02 AM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
You think thats bad? When I used to live in New Zealand e had giant weta's. Look it up. Look up Weta on wikipedia. Lol by the recluse isn't your housedold common spider. He will usually see you before you see it, they hide out in dark, dry places that are geberaly undisturbed like wood sheds so you wont even see it before it bites you. They can be territorial as well and have a tendancy to bite anything that moves when food is scarce. They have incredible reflexes and amazing eyesight. They are strong for there size as well and like most poisonous small spiders, they have adapted and learnt to jump small distances.

They seem to favor cardboard when dwelling in human residences, possibly because it mimics the rotting tree bark which they naturally inhabit. They also go in shoes, inside dressers, in bed sheets of infrequently used beds, in stacks of clothes, behind baseboards, behind pictures and near furnaces. The common source of human-recluse contact is during the cleaning of these spaces, when their isolated spaces suddenly are disturbed and the spider feels threatened.

By the way Isaak where did you say you lived? You know they are only found in the states?

A minority of brown recluse spider bites form a necrotizing ulcer that destroys soft tissue and may take months to heal, leaving deep scars. The damaged tissue will become gangrenous and eventually slough away. The initial bite frequently cannot be felt and there may be no pain, but over time the wound may grow to as large as 10 inches (25 cm) in extreme cases. Bites usually become painful and itchy within 2 to 8 hours, pain and other local effects worsen 12 to 36 hours after the bite with the necrosis developing over the next few days.

The spider is not usually agressive, and the bite is rarely fatal. Usually only in children of age 7 years and under. A minority of spider bite victims, however, do experience organ damage and death. There poison attacks mostly skin and does not do much nerve damage.

Athough not as harmful as some other spider bites it has justyl earned its reputation and can prove to be fatal.

#6872 - 03/31/08 08:09 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: PigFeeder]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Well I think you're all pussy's. You americans stressing scared all the time about things. Don't you know, we have all the really deadly stuff in Australia. Snakes, spiders, octapusses, jelly fish, birds, sharks and ZephyrGirls.

Hell all you guys have really got are guns and psyco's. LOLOLOLOL

Like a gun ever killed anybody.

Zeph

#6876 - 03/31/08 08:20 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: ZephyrGirl]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
ya at least where i live everything that can kill you is big and you can see it coming wolves,grizzly,black bears,cougars,mountain lion. i don't like the idea that i can be walking on a beach or put on my shoes and a small bug can kill me. i like to see what is coming.

#6893 - 03/31/08 10:02 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: rob_church]
PigFeeder Offline

First of all I'm from Darwin, I'm not American, I'm canadian/Australian. I LOVE exotic dangerous animals. And ah well, you are what you eat right Kayla? =3.

I agree with you though Rob, I rather see what is coming at me. It freaks the hell out of me when I look over my shoulder at a tickling feeling and there is a black spider crawling up my bare skin. ( Has happened ).

#6972 - 04/01/08 08:49 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: PigFeeder]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Where in Darwin you from Snow?

#6994 - 04/01/08 11:22 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: ZephyrGirl]
PigFeeder Offline

To tell you the truth I'm not 100% sure exactly. I was five when we left for Canada. I know somewhere on the northern side. closer to the water.

#7055 - 04/02/08 03:32 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Ooh yeah I had chiggers once...itchy...the treatment is worsr than the chiggers too. It made me stop wanting to garden. \:\(
#7078 - 04/02/08 08:52 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: 97and107]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: 97and107
Ooh yeah I had chiggers once...itchy...the treatment is worsr than the chiggers too. It made me stop wanting to garden. \:\(
OMG, no way? Tell me why gardening is bad? I have a little garden!? What do chiggers look like? Do the babies live inside like they say?

k

~~352~~

#7089 - 04/02/08 10:58 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Contrary to popular belief, the larvae do not burrow deep into the skin and live there. Rather, the larvae pierce the skin and inject powerful enzymes that digest cellular contents, which become liquified and are consumed by the larvae.

The most effective way of removing chiggers is by taking a hot shower and washing the affected areas with mildly hot water and soap. This must be done as soon as possible after exposure or possible exposure. Carefully wash the ankles, feet, behind the knees, and under the arms and chest. An Epsom salt bath may help alleviate pruritus. If one is near the seashore, wading for a few minutes in salt water will both get rid of the mites on one's skin and clothing and also alleviate the itching from their bites. Another good way of removing chiggers is to cover the chiggers with scotch tape and pull them off that way. However once symptoms appear, it may be too late to prevent further bites. Taking a hot bath when already covered with chigger bites may in fact be very uncomfortable and increase itching symptoms. Do not rub and scratch the skin aggressively, but instead gently but firmly rub the irritated skin with warm soapy water.

To avoid being afflicted by chiggers, always wear tight weave, protective clothing and long pants. Spray insect repellent on your skin for further protection. Application of repellent to the shoes and lower trousers is helpful. Staying on trails, roads, or paths can help prevent contact.

Dusting sulfur is used commercially for mite control and can be used to control chiggers in yards. The dusting of shoes, socks and trouser legs with sulfur can be highly effective in repelling chiggers.

People who pick wild blueberries in the summer have traditionally been very vulnerable to chigger bites and have suggested applying deodorant soap to the skin and letting it dry without rinsing may help prevent bites.

Another helpful avoidance is to recognize the chigger habitat to avoid exposure in the first place. Chiggers in North America thrive late in summer, in dry tall grasses and other thick, unshaded vegetation.

They do not actually "bite," but instead form a hole in the skin and chew up tiny parts of the inner skin, thus causing severe irritation and swelling. The severe itching is accompanied by red pimple-like bumps (papules) or hives and skin rash or lesions on a sun-exposed area. For humans, itching usually occurs after the larvae detach from the skin. Chiggers are known for never spreading from host to host.

I felt I should let you know a bit, knowledge never hurt anyone. you seemed worried so I thought I should let you know what you should know.

#7090 - 04/02/08 11:04 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

That was interesting actually. God, I eat shit i see off trail when i go hiking, like berries too. I don't want chigger larva living in my skin. I'd freak out, and then die. I saw those disgusting Weta bugs! They're like half crickets and half roaches, with antlike jaws. Did it bite you.

K

~~352~~

#7093 - 04/02/08 11:20 PM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Yeah I know, chiggers unfortunately are one of the more annoying bugs that many people don't know about.

Weta's are horrible - I never got bitten myself but my little brother did and he cryed the whole way home about how he never wanted to go back there. Right down to the last sob I'm sure it hurt like mad hell. I wasn't very old but I do remember my poor little brother crying about this ugly bug biting him and my mother knew it was a tree weta I guess by the bite. I remember it looking terribly painful but not particularily worrisome. Red and a little swollen, like a bee sting.

I used to love handling wild snakes though, and although I was extremely careful, I do remember getting bit once by a snake that was quite painful. It lunged at me, bit, and latched onto me, it was one of the ones that try to chew. God that was painful.. I think the main holes in my arm afterwards were close to an inch and a half long almost 2 inches? Luckily for me, it wasn't poisonous. O.O

#7101 - 04/03/08 12:23 AM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: ZephyrGirl]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
Well I think you're all pussy's. You americans stressing scared all the time about things. Don't you know, we have all the really deadly stuff in Australia. Snakes, spiders, octapusses, jelly fish, birds, sharks and ZephyrGirls.

Hell all you guys have really got are guns and psyco's. LOLOLOLOL

Like a gun ever killed anybody.

Zeph

Tell me about it, what God made Australia. It sound like every where you go in australia you risk dying from poisonous things... and Zeph on her bike. I was watching the Discovery Channel and they said there are these ants called Jack Jumpers that even kill people? Is this true Zeph?

Kay to the Ayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/03/08 12:24 AM)

~~352~~

#7113 - 04/03/08 05:57 AM Re: Stingray Kills Woman on Boat in Fla. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

I can't say I've heard of them, but who am I to argue with Discovery channel? LOL

And yes look out for me on my bike.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.