Alain Daniélou: "Shiva and Dionysos", "The shivaism"

André Gide: "The Inmoralist"

Oscar Wild: "The Doyan Gray Portrait"

Giovanni Papini: "Gog".

Comte de Lautréamont: "Les Chants de Maldoror"

#33813 - 01/10/10 01:05 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Cesare Borgia]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I obtained Maldoror a week ago; a fabulous book; one of the few true "Anti-Heroes" that doesn't soften up at the end (like in every modern story) or degenerate into a moustache-twirling caricature (I'm looking at you, Milton).

I'm currently going through all of DeSade's stuff I missed a while ago; starting with Justine.

Edited by The Zebu (01/10/10 01:17 PM)

#34088 - 01/17/10 04:47 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
Baron dHolbach Offline

Copyright 1967, The Naked Ape by Desmond Morris is the classic explication of the seventh of the Nine Satanic Statements. Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Ape-Zoologis...238&sr=1-1#noop

Copyright 2005, Power, Sex, Suicide: Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life by Nick Lane, is, among many other things, a potent explication of how a causal chain of events unguided by sapience could produce the mechanics of biology, and this will help inocculate you against the arguments of intelligent design, fortifying and buttressing Atheism within you, so that the second and third of the Nine Satanic Statements can find safe haven within your mental apparatus, ultimately to become a part of your self-programming. But also, if nothing else, this book is one of the most intriguing and exciting works of popular biology ever written. Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Sex-Suicide-...467&sr=1-1#noop

#34697 - 01/28/10 02:06 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
Valor Offline
pledge

Loc: Coast of New England

Concerning Books: I recomend these to start your LHP Initiation

Webb:
Uncle Setnakt's Essential Guide to the LHP
Seven Faces of Darkness
Mysteries of the ToS: Inner teachings of the LHP
The Fire and the Force

Steven Flowers/Edred Thorsson:

Lords of the LHP
Black runa
Red Runa
Green Runa
Blue Runa
A Book of Thoth
Carnal Alchemy
Hermetic Magic
Nine Doors of Midgard
The Book of Ogham
The Secret King

(I'm missing a few more I'm sure off the top of my head)

P.D. Ouspensky:

The psychology of Man's Possible Evolution
The Fourth way
Tertium Organum
New model of the universe
Conscience: search for truth

Robert Green:

48 laws of Power
The Art of Seduction

LaVey,
Everything published.

Nietzsche:

Thus Spake Zarathustra
Hammer of the Gods
The Antichrist
Beyond Good and Evil
The Will to Power

Concerning files and online:

I've literally read and printed everything I've ever searched for concerning "Setian philosophy" online, including everything from Aquino and the Tablets of Set. But the Tablets are older versions, most likely unrevised versions from the 80's. Including Balanones Work..ect.

I've spent the last ten years building a pretty proficient library in its own designated room, (was a dream of mine) i have a couple thousand titles, (not all are of LHP influence) but these above are the ones I've shoved my face in countless times and studied while taking notes. I'm sure I'm forgetting a handful.

Please, if you have more titles?

#34706 - 01/28/10 04:13 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
Simon Jester Offline
stranger

Liber Belial and Processus Satanae. Both are of interest, and quite obscure.

http://www.wierus.com/catalog/processus/

Sade
John Wilmot
Thomas Hobbes

#34723 - 01/28/10 09:38 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Simon Jester]
Valor Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Simon Jester
Liber Belial and Processus Satanae. Both are of interest, and quite obscure.

http://www.wierus.com/catalog/processus/

Yes... looks extremely intriuging, but how am i to purchase it? Looks very rare my friend. Are there newer publications?

#34752 - 01/28/10 07:22 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Valor]
Simon Jester Offline
stranger

Google Bartolus de Saxoferrato Processus Satanae. It appears to be available in pdf.

This might be of interest to Redbeard fans:

I Beheld Desmond As Lightening Fall—to Chicago! (The Story of Arthur Desmond, 'Might Is Right' and 'Ragnar Redbeard')
http://www.darrellwconder.com/arthurdesmond.html

#34754 - 01/28/10 08:03 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Simon Jester]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Again, for those who missed it the first time, the idea is to ground the new practitioner in his own philosophical identity. Initially, one should avoid the low hanging fruit of ostensibly 'occult' material.

The new practitioner often gravitates to the occult with certain prejudices and expectations. If they lack any solid philosophical grounding they will be quite unprepared to separate revealed knowledge from essential truth.

As for "Gun, Germs, and Steel" and "The Third Chimpanzee".....

Again, while they have some interesting observations, their conclusions are quite biased toward the annoying revealed knowledge of White Light Secular Humanism. They fall in direct contrast to more fundamental LHP material like "Might Is Right."

The fact remains that there are, IN FACT, objectively superior cultures and species. When cultures or species find themselves in competition they will often find themselves in conflict. These conflicts usually yield clear winners and clear losers.

If anyone is looking for sympathy they can find in the dictionary between 'shit' and 'syphilis.'

#34755 - 01/28/10 08:06 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
Autodidact Offline

I've been following this thread for a while, and I've enjoyed it immensely. I've noted a (large) number of books and topics to add to my list.

At the risk of going off-topic (since Fist restricted his initial list to philosophy), I'd like to mention two that you may or may not find useful: "Sociobiology" and "On Human Nature" by Edward Wilson. In accordance with the seventh Satanic Statement ("Satan represents Man as just another animal ..."), they are useful for their explanation of much of human behavior in purely biological/sociological terms.

(Obligatory note: I have not yet finished them.)

#34759 - 01/28/10 09:03 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I tend to agree with Fist here.

I am not sure if he would agree with this post though.

Fists original list of books (seems to me) to be philosophical in nature and they are focused on revealing the essential truth of the individual, the real world in which he or she dwells and the real relationships which exist between individuals in that world.

The key to this list seems to be - ground yourself in gritty reality first, and then afterwards, go on and study other works.

The basis or core is set first, and than as result, you have a secure position from which to critically assess additional works.

I identified myself as a Satanist years ago, by reading a number of the works on Fist’s list and regarding them as complete common sense.

I studied the works of Dr. LaVey, Nietzsche, Redbeard and Machiavelli in particular and found that those works made an enormous amount of sense to me.

I like other types of good books, including history and some occult works, but in my opinion those works must come second to the key ones, which Fist has identified.

Other good and relevant works elaborate and enlarge and unpack to some extent, Fist’s list establishes, in my opinion.

#34853 - 01/31/10 01:13 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: ]
Valor Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: MatthewJ1
The key to this list seems to be - ground yourself in gritty reality first, and then afterwards, go on and study other works.

Very true..
We must "first" find which is absolute to the Self. Once this is established we can then deduce these Works and narrow them down to refine the Self. Once Refinement begins it triggers rare moments of clarity. These moments open door to our potential. If we are wise, we remanifest.

Edited by Valor (01/31/10 01:14 AM)

#34950 - 02/01/10 03:28 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
Demon Heretic666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Missouri
I hope this isn't deemed random, but is there any public libraries that would carry a copy of th Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey? I wish to read it to expand my knowledge and one day gain a membership to the Church of Satan, but my mother, unfortunately, will not allow me to read it in her house, for she beleives in the power of books and doesnt want her house taken by a demon. I respect my mother's tolerance and need to find a copy I could read outside my home. Any help?

#34952 - 02/01/10 03:45 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Demon Heretic666]
TheInsane Offline

Originally Posted By: Demon Heretic666
I hope this isn't deemed random, but is there any public libraries that would carry a copy of th satanic bible by Anton LaVey? I wish to read it to expand my knowledge and one day gain a membership to the Church of Satan, but my mother, unfortunately, will not allow me to read it in her house, for she beleives in the power of books and doesnt want her house taken by a demon. I respect my mother's tolerance and need to find a copy I could read outside my home. Any help?

I dont know where you are but it should be avaliable in all the big libraries. My local library does not have it but the big ones in the city does. Why not go there and ask?

#34953 - 02/01/10 03:50 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: TheInsane]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Guys, it's right here on this site...

Click on the Media Room link at the top right and download the .pdf.

#34954 - 02/01/10 03:53 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Demon Heretic666]
Jake999 Offline

Check out the Media Room here. There is an ecopy of it for you to use.

Depending on where you are, I wouldn't count on one in a public library. They tend to be stolen or destroyed.

Page 7 of 13 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.