Page 8 of 13 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#35089 - 02/03/10 11:23 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
Clarence Offline
pledge

Rival Caesars by Desmond Dilg. Anyone familiar with Redbeard will find value here.
#35092 - 02/04/10 03:10 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Clarence]
Baron dHolbach Offline

Originally Posted By: Clarence
Rival Caesars by Desmond Dilg. Anyone familiar with Redbeard will find value here.

"A romance of ambition, love and war : being the tale of a Vice-President, a Major-General and three brilliant and beautiful women (Unknown Binding)" - according to Amazon, where the book is listed as out of print and is currently unavailable.

Will you say a little more about the might is right connection?

#35127 - 02/04/10 10:24 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Baron dHolbach]
Clarence Offline
pledge

A Google search produced better results.

This is quite involved, so I will defer to Mr. Conder:

http://www.darrellwconder.com/rivalcaesars.html

Simon Jester has already mentioned Darrell Conder's Redbeard biography: I Beheld Desmond as Lightening Fall—to Chicago! (The Story of Arthur Desmond, 'Ragnar Redbeard' & Might Is Right).

#36698 - 03/18/10 05:55 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
GiantRubberDuck Offline
lurker

Loc: Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands
I just checked at my local library, and the only books from this list that are available, are the books written by Friedrich Nietzsche and John Locke. I'm planning on reading "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" ("Aldus sprak Zarathoestra") and "A Letter Concerning Toleration" ("Een brief over tolerantie"), and will update this post with my thoughts on them after reading.
#36706 - 03/18/10 12:48 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: GiantRubberDuck]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
There is an excellent collection of LHP literature free to downlaod at http://goatofmendes.ning.com/ - just click on the link for Mendes Library. Run by our pal, Born. \:\)

#37904 - 04/20/10 04:01 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Sinthesis]
Darshinik Offline
lurker

Loc: Iran
Do you know any thing about Zarathustra?

Zoroaster or Zarathushtra, also referred to as Zartosht (Persian: زرتشت), was an ancient Iranian prophet, philosopher and religious poet. Scholars believe that he lived sometime between 1750 and 1500 BC or between 1400 and 1200 BC, although Iranian tradition places him at about 570 BC. The traditional Parsi people of India place the Prophet as older than 6000 BC [1] . The hymns attributed to him, the Gathas, are at the liturgical core of Zoroastrianism.

#37910 - 04/20/10 05:20 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Sinthesis]
Miss May Offline
pledge

Loc: sebastopol, CA
Howard Bloom's the lucifer principle is now on my list of books to read.
I recently read Crowley's 4th book as a lark. I found it entertaining in gibberish kind of way. Does anyone else notice the similarities between Crowley's writings and buddhism? Perhaps it was his actual references to yoga that gave me such a thought.

#37930 - 04/20/10 12:37 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Miss May]
TheInsane Offline

Originally Posted By: Miss May
Howard Bloom's the lucifer principle is now on my list of books to read.
I recently read Crowley's 4th book as a lark. I found it entertaining in gibberish kind of way. Does anyone else notice the similarities between Crowley's writings and buddhism? Perhaps it was his actual references to yoga that gave me such a thought.

Crowley did have a good eye towards the east so you can indeed see a lot of influence from Asia in his work.

#37949 - 04/20/10 10:00 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: TheInsane]
bds23 Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
Currently I am reading a descent work of fiction with LHP overtones:
"The Stars My Destination" by Alfred Bester

I am also reading "Lords of the Left Hand Path" by Stephen Flowers.

Next up on the list are:
"The People's Plato"
"Tantra Without Tears" by Christopher Hyatt
"The War Against Sleep" by Colin Wilson

Recently I obtained a copy of "Demons Of The Flesh" by Nicholas and Zeena Schreck. I have yet to crack the cover. Has anyone here read it and care to share thoughts?

#37953 - 04/20/10 11:09 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: bds23]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Actually, I've had a pdf of it sitting in my documents folder but never really got through reading it until a few weeks ago.

It's an excellent work on the subject of sex magic in general, not just the LHP. I've never been a huge fan of the drama surrounding the Schrecks or their terrible PR skills, but Demons of the Flesh is a pretty darn good book. It treats the subject with a sobering amount of skepticism, although it does take a few imaginative liberties in its own favor; ie, the idea that Gnostic clerics actually practiced physical sex magic and semen-eating rituals.

#38089 - 04/25/10 06:45 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
Indrieus Offline
stranger

Loc: Antwerp Belgium
Hello,What for me is a very good lidel pocket book,in this day's about 3,00$,now in secend handbooks, from 150 $ and 280$ ,its "The Devils Anvenger" by Burton.H.Wolfs,it was a book you start reading and stop when it was out.
For me it was a happy nice and chort to DR.La Vey and is living in this day's.......San Francisco,

GreetZ Indrieus

#39392 - 06/18/10 02:29 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Sinthesis]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
I'm currently reading "Might Is Right".

One book I haven't seen posted here is:

The Book Of Five Rings - Miyamoto Musashi
(I wouldn't call Musashi's book an LHP book. Nevertheless, a satanist can definitely find it useful)

#40819 - 07/25/10 10:04 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Knievel74]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
Not to barge in but I'm ordering my copy of Michael W. Ford's Bible of the Adversary. His Luciferian philosophy is very interesting and good for thought. I find myself being very inspired by his writings. Though I don't really understand his "spirituality" twist on his Luciferianism.
#41319 - 08/02/10 06:14 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
SODOMIZER Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
For example the Sun. Objectively its just a Sun- a round thing in the sky that shines and is hot. Thats it. Everything else we know about it (the other 90 percent) or believe it to be, comes from a subjective process of thinking, reasoning, and observation.

I really agree here. We cannot separate our observations from ourselves; that much at least Heisenberg tells us. What we can do is use ourselves as a scientific instrument to perceive the world around us.

To my mind, Rand is a weaker more consumerist restatement of Nietzsche, and I don't have any use for her.

#41952 - 08/15/10 04:42 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: SODOMIZER]
Geheimnis Offline
lurker

Hi,
I don't know how many of us can read french, but this following book is the only I found talking about a satanic tarot (27 cards, called " Les Arcanes Noirs " in French, " The Black Arcana ":
http://www.thebookedition.com/les-arcanes-noirs-de-panthee-p-42612.html
But, I don't know where I can found the cards...
AMSG

Page 8 of 13 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.