Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#60812 - 11/02/11 03:31 AM regarding the Satanic bible
Gadarene Swine Offline
stranger

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Ok so I had the day off. I read all three books, watched the videos, have read many posts, and posted one. I am not here to offend anyone but I just have one simple question.

Do we as the community of Satanism & the occult worship Satan or Anton Szandor LaVey? or both?
Nothing against LaVey but im reading and reading and reading and it would seem like LaVey is a prophet of Satan as Jesus was to god.
This is compareable to how in the christian belief Jesus seems more important than god. He did humanity a favor by sacrificing himself for the good of the population. Anton Szandor LaVey did a great deal aswell. Do we go as far as worshiping him and using his name in our literature.

#60813 - 11/02/11 03:35 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Gadarene Swine]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Most of us have a shrine in our ritual chamber, although a framed picture would be sufficient too.

A few have his name tattooed but such isn't a requirement.

D.

#60814 - 11/02/11 03:40 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Diavolo]
Gadarene Swine Offline
stranger

Im not sure, is this was an answer.
Thank you though

#60815 - 11/02/11 03:43 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Gadarene Swine]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
Are you sure you really read the books? Or did you just skim through them? Maybe you want to give them another read through if you're really interested in the answers to your questions.

#60816 - 11/02/11 03:46 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Gadarene Swine]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

There is no "we" I.E. a cohesive mass of Satanists. Satanism is an individual path and many Satanists might have nothing in common other than that they call themselves Satanists.

I don't "worship" anything outside myself and I can see no reason why anyone else who would call themselves a Satanist would. Satan is a symbol of rebellion and even if there were an actual literal Satan, why would it have anything more than contempt for someone groveling on their knees before it?

LaVey actually existed, Jesus did not and that is just one of the many reason why comparing the two is ridiculous.

#60817 - 11/02/11 03:56 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Gadarene Swine]
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
 Originally Posted By: Gadarene Swine
Ok so I had the day off. I read all three books, watched the videos, have read many posts, and posted one. I am not here to offend anyone but I just have one simple question.

Judging by your posts I'd say read them again a few times until you fully understand them.

Do we as the community of satanism & the occult worship Satan or Anton Szandor LaVey? or both?

As has already been said, both the occult and Satanic community is very varied. But, since I'm going to assume you mean Satanism as defined by LaVey, I'll answer your question anyway. Anton LaVey isn't worshipped - he is, however, seen as a pioneering figure in Satanism. Satan is seen as an archetype and a symbol in Satanism. Theistic Satanism, however, is another story altogether.

Nothing against LaVey but im reading and reading and reading and it would seem like LaVey is a prophet of Satan as Jesus was to god.

The word "prophet" implies divine inspiration. LaVey never claimed to be inspired by any higher force to write The Satanic Bible.

Also, please try to punctuate your posts a bit better.

#60818 - 11/02/11 04:01 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Gadarene Swine Offline
stranger

Look 6satan6archist6 Ultimate Satanic Bad Ass of Ultimate Satanic Bad Assery PhD Esq. LLC Inc.^∞ DCLXVI° You told me in the last post that you are agnostic. I understand you want attention my dog does too. It doesn't mean everytime I flinch you jump on me.
Im sure you have your little friends outside doing something productive. Why dont you go golfing, you dont need me for that do you......

#60819 - 11/02/11 04:07 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Alex Crowley]
Gadarene Swine Offline
stranger

You are right Alax I should reread them. Thank you for your feed back, it was helpful.
In the future I will try to read all the posts this site has to offer so you do not have to waist your time on my following post/s.

#60820 - 11/02/11 05:10 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Gadarene Swine]
Octavian Offline
pledge

A lot of people think LaVey codified Satanism, and I tend to agree in a number of ways.

You can read an interview with LaVey on Page 76 of the book Lucifer Rising, by Gavin Baddeley where this is discussed.

LaVey said:

'The concepts of Satanism are there whether I approve of them or not. I may be an ideologue, codifying these laws, but they exist independently of me.'

He then goes onto say, a bit later in the same interview:

'If it wasn't me expressing these laws, then somebody else, probably less qualified, would.'

It must be noted, however, that there are a lot of people here who have been walking this path for a long ass time and they have discovered their own way, so you will find all sorts of positions being put here.

That makes for a very enriching experience if you wish to learn and get a handle on the community.

Edited by Octavian (11/02/11 05:10 AM)
Edit Reason: Spelling

#60827 - 11/02/11 07:07 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Octavian]
Gadarene Swine Offline
stranger

Octavian,
you are a gentleman and a scholar, I thank you for sharing your knowledge.

#60828 - 11/02/11 07:09 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Octavian]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Octavian
LaVey said:

'The concepts of Satanism are there whether I approve of them or not. I may be an ideologue, codifying these laws, but they exist independently of me.'

Hmmm. If "they" exist independently, how the !@%&* could he codify them? "Recognize" - sure. "Codify" - get down off that mountain, Moses.

JK

#60837 - 11/02/11 10:42 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Gadarene Swine]
TheInsane Offline

Do we as the community of Satanism & the occult worship Satan or Anton Szandor LaVey? or both?
This is compareable to how in the christian belief Jesus seems more important than god. He did humanity a favor by sacrificing himself for the good of the population. Anton Szandor LaVey did a great deal aswell. Do we go as far as worshiping him and using his name in our literature.

I think you need to study more. You dont really have a clue to what Satanism is and you get Christianity wrong as well (Jesus is seen as an aspect of God not a just a prophet). Read, study, experience and gain knowledge.

#60839 - 11/02/11 11:04 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: Gadarene Swine]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

No, dumbfuck, I have never once claimed to be an agnostic; Atheism has ALWAYS been my position. Learn to read. Stop making retarded posts and I will stop giving you shit for it.

#61112 - 11/04/11 11:00 PM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
voxintus Offline
stranger

Loc: northern california
The Satanic Bible is a great book. Lavey has been overlooked by critics because of occult personality. Many posters on here may disagree, but i think Peter Gilmore's book is also outstanding. These 2 books really break down the Satanic philosophy and after reading them, most people relate to at least some of the material.

#61165 - 11/06/11 01:18 AM Re: regarding the Satanic bible [Re: voxintus]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
 Originally Posted By: voxintus
The Satanic Bible is a great book. Lavey has been overlooked by critics because of occult personality. Many posters on here may disagree, but i think Peter Gilmore's book is also outstanding. These 2 books really break down the Satanic philosophy and after reading them, most people relate to at least some of the material.

In my opinion the Satanic Bible can be ripped in half and the last part of it tossed out the window. The Satanic Scriptures I only got through about half of. I thought it was horrible . A waste of several hours.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.