Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#60724 - 10/31/11 09:16 PM satan can lick my balls
arjunasAscent Offline
pledge

Loc: PA, US
To what extent is Satanism a vehicle for growth vs. an escape from reality?

The sceptic in me questions whether the so called "introspective inquiry" of Satanism is really worth it's weight pound-for-pound. Isn't life the only sure teacher? Isn't philosophy our honest guide?

Sure, let other's become fulfilled musicians, lead industrialists, and famed philothrapists; at least we're wise and knowing, aren't we? Setian, LaVeyan or otherwise, we've uncovered every mystery, we've read every book, we've joined every society, we indulge, experience Xeper, re-manifest; we know the entire egyptian pantheon, and let's not forget that we keep the black flame alive, don't we? What utter bullshit.

I find myself wondering.

Edited by arjunasAscent (10/31/11 09:36 PM)

#60726 - 10/31/11 10:13 PM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: arjunasAscent]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"To what extent is Satanism a vehicle for growth vs. an escape from reality?"

It is up to the Individual.
You can DO Something or Do Nothing.

The Choice is Always your own, no one can tell you what to do.

Morgan

#60727 - 10/31/11 10:27 PM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: Morgan]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Strangely enough, I just got finished writing a blog at my wyrdpress that sort of addresses this.

#60728 - 10/31/11 10:50 PM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: arjunasAscent]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
 Originally Posted By: arjunasAscent

The sceptic in me questions whether the so called "introspective inquiry" of Satanism is really worth it's weight pound-for-pound. Isn't life the only sure teacher? Isn't philosophy our honest guide?

Sure, let other's become fulfilled musicians, lead industrialists, and famed philothrapists; at least we're wise and knowing, aren't we? Setian, LaVeyan or otherwise, we've uncovered every mystery, we've read every book, we've joined every society, we indulge, experience Xeper, re-manifest; we know the entire egyptian pantheon, and let's not forget that we keep the black flame alive, don't we? What utter bullshit.

I find myself wondering.

So why are you here? Who are you trying to impress with your cynicism ? You are like " ooh...I am so bitter and dark inside. I am so disenchanted with this thing called Satanism. "

Well then move along little monkey . Here is a banana !

#60729 - 10/31/11 10:53 PM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: Zach_Black]
arjunasAscent Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: blackzach

I find myself wondering.

So why are you here? Who are you trying to impress with your cynicism ? You are like " ooh...I am so bitter and dark inside. I am so disenchanted with this thing called Satanism. "

Well then move along little monkey . Here is a banana !

What you say is true, except for the bitter and dark part, not quite sure where you got that. I can't think what else to say, that's how I felt at the time I posted and so, it's what it is. Some people may not share the above thoughts and have good reasons why. I have an idea of what you can do with that banana, you can probably guess what.

Edited by arjunasAscent (10/31/11 11:03 PM)

#60730 - 10/31/11 11:00 PM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: Dan_Dread]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
It's almost as if for you philosophical persuit and constructive introspection come at the exclusion of anything else worthwhile. Are you trying to convince us of something here? It seems as though you've just come to the conclusion that everything is equally just as worthless or valuable, in which case you seem to also be advocating doing you above all else, without dedicating yourself to a label. If this is the case, then really, what the hell point are you trying to make? Have you found something that you can objectively prove to be better? Have you just lost your trust in the LHP, and are now just venting your anger in yourself to those you believe to be under you now?

There are countless conclusions to be drawn from what you posted, the only thing being clear is that you seem to disapprove of Satanism, and the one essential thing missing being your point.

Would you mind elaborating, considering that you already took the time to do nothing but think "out loud?"

More than anything, you seem to be angry at the stereotypical internet satanist.

#60731 - 10/31/11 11:03 PM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: Clicks]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Wait, are you talking to me?

#60732 - 10/31/11 11:10 PM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: Dan_Dread]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
No, Dan. Sorry. I meant to reply to the OP. I'm using my phone to post and it doesn't like to post in anything other than quick reply. You just happened to be the last post on the page before I submitted and the page refreshed. I guess, knowing that it would reply to you, I could have specified who I was talking to in order to avoid confusion.

#60733 - 10/31/11 11:23 PM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: Dan_Dread]
RAIDER Offline

Loc: PA
arjuna,
I don't understand the reason for this post. Satanism is what you make of it......or you can leave it alone. Keepers of the Black Flame, and similar concepts are mystically groovy...but real life application of Satanic/LHP 'principles' is what counts
If you want to spend your life searching for meaning and exploring pantheons, etc....you should look into Wicca...a firm grasp of reality and common sense aren't prerequisites.

#60734 - 10/31/11 11:24 PM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: Clicks]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Ya, I didn't think you were. Just checking.

#60743 - 11/01/11 02:43 AM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: arjunasAscent]
Meph9 Offline

"Satan can lick my balls"
Really, Satan, is that what you call your dog now. Just be careful with the peanut butter I hear some localities don't take kindly to those "dark parts"

Like peanut butter this lacks real substance, the universe is infinite and so no being can ever know literally everything. Human society can never cease changing unless all the world ceases to live and move because time can not stop on its own.

#60746 - 11/01/11 09:11 AM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: Meph9]
arjunasAscent Offline
pledge

Seems like I made the same mistake Cliks made.

Originally Posted By: Clicks
It's almost as if for you philosophical persuit and constructive introspection come at the exclusion of anything else worthwhile. Are you trying to convince us of something here?

Potentially worthwhile practices aren't worth rejecting; I'm a Satanist and regularly practice GBM, LBM, etc. Philosophy and constructive introspection rest on higher ground however, being better investments I think. There's more to be said, insomnia is a bitch.

Quote:
It seems as though you've just come to the conclusion that everything is equally just as worthless or valuable, in which case you seem to also be advocating doing you above all else, without dedicating yourself to a label. If this is the case, then really, what the hell point are you trying to make?

Not really; Satanism, with roots in the sciences, is in ways inherently effective. My chief observation is practice seems to detract rather than enhance the life of practicioners for the reason mentioned below.

Quote:
Have you found something that you can objectively prove to be better? Have you just lost your trust in the LHP, and are now just venting your anger in yourself to those you believe to be under you now?

Trust in the LHP doesn't factor into the picture. My impression is Satanism offers a welcoming escape from reality despite and perhaps because of what it offers. Furthermore, it seems to seldom manifest it's sinister nature in common practice. To address the last comment, I expressed thoughts as they came and thought no less of other Satanists.

Edited by arjunasAscent (11/01/11 09:13 AM)

#60822 - 11/02/11 06:30 AM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: arjunasAscent]
halfchaos Offline
temp ban
pledge

Loc: ^NY

My chief observation is practice seems to detract rather than enhance the life of practicioners for the reason mentioned below.

My impression is Satanism offers a welcoming escape from reality despite and perhaps because of what it offers. Furthermore, it seems to seldom manifest it's sinister nature in common practice.

So you are saying this escape from reality is counter productive because it does not adhere to reality? Is Satanism not born in the individual from the womb and unto the grave? Was it not a great beloved fantasy in it's own right?

I am trying to make sense of your complaints but perhaps I am overshooting it a little.

Personally I never considered Satanism to be a practice. As an individual I have always considered it to be something of an artform. As a chaote it is only one of many colors in my palette. I adhere to all of them just as I would adhere to the lyrics of a song and yet my fingers play the discord as if of a mind of their own. Satanism does not ask you to follow the path of conformity. Satanism asks you to follow your own path, and to hell with anyone or anything that stands in your way. No one is gluing your eyes to this paper, so to speak.

If you don't like the path others have set themselves upon then you may simply walk away. Such as it is written, I do believe. That is my understanding in any case.

Originally Posted By: Morgan
"To what extent is Satanism a vehicle for growth vs. an escape from reality?"

It is up to the Individual.
You can DO Something or Do Nothing.

The Choice is Always your own, no one can tell you what to do.

Morgan

\:\)

#60830 - 11/02/11 07:25 AM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: halfchaos]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
Arjuna is roughly the "Achilles" of India. So, you get some props for that. Further, your essential dilemma: external manifestation vs. introverted, yet delusional, superstardom is also rather insightful.

The only problem is that you chose the worst Satanic website on which to make this case. Meaning: the people here actually have jobs. The people here have actually taken their individual Satanic vergences and transformed them outwardly into a praxis that makes their particular existences meaningful, pleasurable, and worthwhile.

If you want that dog to hunt, I'd suggest the Joy of Satan for some killer troooolFUN.

JK

p.s. I was quick-replying to Opie

#60833 - 11/02/11 09:07 AM Re: satan can lick my balls [Re: arjunasAscent]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

Growth occurs naturally. Or at least, it should occur naturally if being a healthy person who goes out and doesn't shun society. Escaping from reality? That's something RHP-ish.

Quote:

Then the sceptic in you should start experimenting instead of asking questions which require experience.
Life is as much of a teacher as much as you dare to do. Life can be a boring teacher when not getting out often.
And philosophy an honest guide? To much of guess-work for being a honest guide IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.