Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#612 - 09/24/07 07:33 PM How do you use satanic principles ?
Galt Offline
lurker

Loc: Georgia USA
How do you implement the ideas of Satanism in your daily life?
#613 - 09/24/07 08:00 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: Galt]
Meph Offline
stranger

Loc: Huntington, Indiana
I think they're pretty much common sense and human nature. I don't have to try, it just comes naturally, but that's me. I'm sure I'm not alone on this. Everybody looks out for number one, first.
#614 - 09/24/07 09:17 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: Meph]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I've had to work fairly hard at overcoming my tendencies to be accomodating and pleasant to people that I disliked or had no respect for. I was lying to myself and others, in a fashion. Embracing the precepts of Satanism has enabled me to be truer to myself, to use Lesser Magic on others to work my will, and to let others know that I will bite if I feel I am being taken advantage of or disrespected. To enjoy life to its fullest, to let go of useless baggage and guilt, and to face each new challenge in my life without fear.

#615 - 09/24/07 09:35 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: Galt]
FdB Offline
stranger

Loc: Las Vegas, NV / Dallas, TX / K...
I've never applied "Satanic Principles" to anything in my life. I guess this is why I have an issue when people say "I follow the Satanic Bible".

I live my life as I want. My rules are the ones that I make and believe in and they are ever changing as I am constantly growing. The Satanic Principles happen to match what I am and believe without me needing to do work, which is why they are beautiful. What I may believe them to be today, will bring on a new meaning tomorrow and that new meaning will be just as relevant as the one before.

I think that Satanic Principles are a description of a state of being that becomes more and more relevant as one grows, but the individual it describes does not purposely attempt to follow these guidelines. They just describe what you already are at heart.

#616 - 09/24/07 09:59 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: Galt]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: Galt
How do you implement the ideas of satanism in your daily life?

To be taken seriously with such a question, it would help if you gave us a bit of how you implement Satanism into your life… Try to add to a conversation not just ask questions expecting us to jump like trained monkeys…

Question answered…

#625 - 09/25/07 08:28 AM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: ta2zz]
Sliver Offline
stranger

Loc: Georgia, USA
"... ideas of Satanism ..."?

I don't believe Satanism is an "idea" but a way of life. If you picked up the LaVey's Bible and changed yourself to match what those words said, then yes Satanism may be seen as an "idea". However, if you picked up the book and said, "Well this is how I've been living" then it is no longer an "idea" it is a culture.

"ideas of Satanism" sounds like something an outsider asks. Or at the very least someone who does not truly understand what it is to be a satanist.

#634 - 09/25/07 01:03 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: Sliver]
Satanicteen Offline
stranger

Loc: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Satanism is a way of life it isnt an "idea"

#637 - 09/25/07 02:48 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: Satanicteen]
Cody Offline
pledge

But what are you when "Satanism" passes out of your field of existence? I need something to latch onto, something that defines myself to the world- Waiting in Limbo.

{Waking} where am I?

a voice calls "you are in nothingness"

really?

"yes, because you are nothing".

How do I attain something?

"Do something"

#642 - 09/25/07 05:19 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: Cody]
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
Perhaps this will give you a better answer to your question.

Satanism is interest. I am interested in people and in what exactly is going on around me. This is the basis of my power. As I observe the world I gain insight into the many plots, plans and projects going on around me. Knowing exactly what people are doing in order to get what they want, gives me opportunities to act in a manner that advances my own agenda. Observation also makes me aware of those few true threats to success; the small hand full of aggressive opportunists hiding among the sea of dazed and unfocused people that fill the world around us. The simple act of watching and listening is the most undervalued tool we have.

Satanism is knowledge. Hearing something is worthless if you don’t know how to use that information. I enjoy study and learning. I am a reader of psychology, history, business, culture, music, break dancing, and anything else that interests me. I strive to know a little about everything. I try to get to the point where I can carry on an intelligent and informed conversation on any topic.

By being educated you are better able to mix in a wider social group. People talk more freely when they are at ease, and people are more at ease with someone they feel is in their same social status. People tend to stay within their social group. They marry within it, promote from within it, and form bonds of trust from within it. This opens an incredible number of doors that otherwise wouldn’t be available to you.

An education in psychology allows me better insight into human nature, making me better able to predict someone’s next move, as well as how they may respond to my plans and business decisions. It allows me to predict actions, outcomes, and most importantly, the correct timing. Psychology is the key to deciding when to act. As you can see, education is the foundation upon which the Satanist functions.

Satanism is action. This is the defining characteristic. Satanism IS ACTION. All the knowledge and education in the world is useless to a couch potato. It’s in actually “using” that knowledge which makes your will manifest its self. It’s walking up to the boss and offering the solution to that problem you just over heard. It’s sabotaging your rival’s interview. It’s doing your own version of an upper level project and asking the “decider” to critique it for you. It’s planning ahead and giving yourself options.

An armchair Satanist is simply a very black sheep.

Chris

#643 - 09/25/07 05:44 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: Cody]
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
 Originally Posted By: Cody
But what are you when "Satanism" passes out of your field of existence? I need something to latch onto, something that defines myself to the world- Waiting in Limbo.

{Waking} where am I?

a voice calls "you are in nothingness"

really?

"yes, because you are nothing".

How do I attain something?

"Do something"

We are all monkeys. No more. No less.

I see the scared little monkey looking to "define itself" to the flock? Its goal is to put on some alter ego, or label, or mask. Its no Satanist.

We aren't for them. We are for ourselves. We are here because we are outsiders. we see the absurdity of the flock. The stupidity and meaninglessness of the other monkeys.

I care nothing what others think unless I can use it to my advantage. Trying to be spooky and unnerve sheep is a waste of time, unproductive and serves to show a psychological need for the flocks opinion.

Can the Monkey rise above that?
Can the monkey be a god?

And this is core of the true debate.
"Are Satanists made, or born."

Chris

#647 - 09/25/07 06:41 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: MCSA TEK]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Well said on both posts, Chris.

#659 - 09/26/07 12:40 AM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: Nemesis]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
I would have to agree with Chris, but at the same time, i think that its natural. After all if you don't take care of yourself, no one will.

I don't think you can "use satanic principles" since all it is simply being who you are. i think of it as natural extension of yourself.

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#683 - 09/26/07 09:45 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: MCSA TEK]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Nicely stated replies and summarized in an easy to digest manner. However, couldn't you replace Satanism is....with A driven individual is.....? The qualities you offered could also define a Donald Trump or a very successful person who also happens to be deeply rooted in a Christian lifestyle. It also reads like an ad for the next motivational speaker coming to town asking for his $100 speaking fee.
#719 - 09/28/07 06:14 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: fakepropht]
Venger Satanis Offline
stranger

Quote:
Nicely stated replies and summarized in an easy to digest manner. However, couldn't you replace Satanism is....with A driven individual is.....? The qualities you offered could also define a Donald Trump or a very successful person who also happens to be deeply rooted in a Christian lifestyle. It also reads like an ad for the next motivational speaker coming to town asking for his $100 speaking fee.

i agree. that's where Satanism breaks down and gives way to "dark humanism" and whatnot. i was just reading the same type of stuff (although with more of a spiritual edge) on the MCoS site:

http://www.modernchurchofsatan.com

so what's the difference between a Satanist and a Donald Trump wannabe? personally, i think it's the "Infernal Mandate". that's the theistic Satanism junk (but necessary junk!) which Aquino and company couldn't let go of. and it was this notion that divided the original Church of Satan from the Temple of Set... virtually laying waste to the modern Satanic movement altogether. (actually it's slightly more complicated than that because of the personalities, feelings, and pride entering the picture)

in my opinion, there's a few key elements that separate a real estate tycoon from a Devil worshiper (and remember, there as a time when LaVeyans relished such a grandiose and campy moniker).

1. magic: practicing sorcery is something i can't see Trump doing.

2. spirituality: feeling connected to something bigger than yourself.

3. religion: also known as dogma, deeper philosophy, the stuff you can't just compromise on or create a justification for. where does a belief system end and a religion begin?

questions, opinions, comments, suggestions, indignant rants...?

Venger As'Nas Satanis
Cult of Cthulhu High Priest

#729 - 09/30/07 05:50 PM Re: How do you use satanic principles ? [Re: MCSA TEK]
Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
Mmmm... refreshing - highly eloquent, and precise words; very well said. Very well said indeed. You hit upon the major underlying keys and indentified the core issue of ACTION. There is little I can add save for the fact that rational self-interest is of course a high Satanic virtue and that with one's growing knowledge and world-wisdom you can USE the information in your head to manipulate the outside world and make your will manifest. It really shouldn't and isn't work for most of us; it is just something that we want to do and is in our nature. You can't be something other than what you already are at your very core. When the fundamental nature of something is indentified, it can not be refuted.

Edited by Euronymous (09/30/07 05:52 PM)

Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.