Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#61200 - 11/06/11 06:47 PM Movie Revolver
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Revolver with Jason Statham.
You should watch this movie. You should not speed through the credits.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365686/

M

#61211 - 11/06/11 09:28 PM Re: Movie Revolver [Re: Morgan]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Morgan, you've got my curiosity going with this one! Sure, it looks like a good film but I clicked the link and went through the credits with a fine tooth comb. No names jumped out at me - should they have done? Are YOU connected with this film in some way? \:D

#61212 - 11/06/11 09:33 PM Re: Movie Revolver [Re: felixgarnet]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Felix you are defiantly looking too hard, or was that not hard enough.

#61213 - 11/06/11 09:39 PM Re: Movie Revolver [Re: ta2zz]
felixgarnet Offline

Defiantly? ;\)

OK . . . I'm middle-aged but I'm sure I'll "get" this eventually!

#61214 - 11/06/11 09:44 PM Re: Movie Revolver [Re: felixgarnet]
felixgarnet Offline

OOOOOOH! Weird. \:D

At least we don't have to stand for the national anthem at the end any more over here. Just stampede out the theatre wreathed in popcorn and ice cream like the carnal beasts we are.

#61220 - 11/07/11 01:08 AM Re: Movie Revolver [Re: felixgarnet]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Sorry, I guess I will be clearer.
It's on net flicks, or dvd.
It came out a few years ago.
I am not affiliated with the film.
I listed the link so you could see the preview/idm information and who else was in it.

This is a media forum.
I am recommending the movie and the stuff they talk about through the credits because the film can on some levels be applied to some levels of Satanic reasoning/ego understanding of who you are and etc.....

I hope that helps.....

Morgan

#61222 - 11/07/11 01:40 AM Re: Movie Revolver [Re: Morgan]
felixgarnet Offline

Thank you, Morgan! I thought there was a mystery to be solved but I was clearly wrong. We're not "allowed" netflicks here yet but Ill certainly look out for it.

I still think it's a pity you weren't in the credits, though as "Crazy Lady with Knife" or some such. ;\)

#61235 - 11/07/11 11:32 AM Re: Movie Revolver [Re: felixgarnet]
dust-e sheytoon Offline

Loc: NYC
Morgan, thank you for bringing the film, Revolver, to our attention. It's interesting you mention the movie credits. There were no credits shown on the Spanish subtitled version I saw--only what appeared to be a black screen accompanied by the sounds of piano music. Did you find something subliminal in the music or black screen, or did you see a different version of the film?

The chess metaphors, the long con, the nearly Taxi Driver-like episode where the little girl was being rescued by the hitman, and the ego-as-one's-enemy concept were very engaging, plus the multiple takes edited together seemed innovative. The ending of the film could be viewed as weak, however, or it could be viewed as ambiguous enough to leave room for a sequel. If I were writing a screenplay for Revolver 2, microwave audio effects would be revealed as having reached the level of sophistication that the voice of the receiver could be replicated inside the receiver's head. The person receiving the signal will be fooled into thinking they are hearing their ego and/or themselves think--when actually the "thoughts" are covert programming. If the receivers could all be artificially driven to "suicidal thoughts" which they mistook as original and genuine, perhaps they would shoot themselves. This could be a far more "elegant" solution than performing "hits" with conventional weapons. Although the psychologically volatile cinematic of impact of "raping" someone by shooting them with a (phallic) gun until they leak (virgin) blood would appear less frequently, perhaps it could be compensated for elsewhere and in other ways, in order to satisfy those appetites in the viewing audience.

#61247 - 11/07/11 05:50 PM Re: Movie Revolver [Re: dust-e sheytoon]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

I saw the American English version.

I can agree with those items and metaphors you mentioned.
Your idea for a part 2 is interesting. Something to think on.

Morgan

#62666 - 12/15/11 05:50 PM Re: Movie Revolver [Re: Morgan]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
Also enjoyed this film and its take on ego ... though not sure about its ideas on greed being bad.
I do need to revist the film sometime to solidify my thoughts on its POV and themes, but did really enjoy it either way and also recommend it!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.