Page 1 of 23 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#61432 - 11/16/11 09:48 AM Interrogistic Symbolism
Interrogist Offline

William Wright made the fallowing statement/question on my introduction: "Although your essay lays out your philosophy, it doesn't state why you chose the term Interrogist. I would like to hear your thoughts on this, if you donít mind.". He was speaking of my Wordpress, a link to which can be found in my signature. I don't mind, however, as its not an uncommon question, and I thought its response might serve as a decent (first post) on my part as well, as Id like to receive feedback from as many persons as possible.

The title and method that I refer to as Interrogist, on its most basic level, address that I reject anities, isms, and belief systems, and points to the path of development that I am passing through, in order to reach this stage and others. More often than not, I am thought to be a Satanist, and I spend far to much time addressing that I simply am not. Having become fed up with that particular issue, it became necessary to properly define my point of view, my method, and separate myself from the Satanism abstraction, the Satanic form in which so many are stuck, while being ignorant to the essence that needs no such label whatsoever. Interrogist is a label that defines the method by which that essence might be sought, such as I have laid out in the symbolism of the Interrogist Star.

The Interrogist Star is a symbol that developed along side Interrogisma. It represents the core elements of Interrogisma, and Interrogismi. It represents the very essence of the Interrogistic Memetic Transmutation Cycle, in a simple image. Properly understood, that simple image takes on a much greater meaning.

The Fire:
The Fire surrounding the Stone, represents the Interrogation of all things, and taking Nothing at face value. It is the dissection of concepts, systems, beliefs, societies, and the self. Pertaining to Interrogisma, the fire represents an outward application, and the methodical process by which one judges their environment, rather than accepting what is readily visible, as being valid. Nothing is valid until passed through the Fire. Pertaining to Interrogismi, The fire represents the burning down of ones internal bio-memetic being, and the methodical process of rooting out as many aspects of societal domestication, as possible. Thus the external and internal, Interrogisma/Interrogismi, aspects of the Fire, both lead to the eradication of unnecessary hindrance, and all things counter productive to the progression of Interrogistic Individuals, and Interrogistic Tribes.

The Stone:
The Stone at the heart of the Fire represents all things able to withstand the Flame, thus validation of being productive and/or acceptable concepts, systems, beliefs, Kollective, and self, known to be natural or original, and distinct from societal, political, or religious programming. Pertaining to Interrogisma, The stone represents those aspects Interrogistic methodology proven to be a productive means of navigating, and if possible, eliminating ones environmental mundanity, which is also an Honorable Interrogistic Duty. Pertaining to Interrogismi, The stone represents the aspects of the biological self, freed from unnecessary abstraction and societal domestication

The Tribe:
The Tribal banner in the foreground represents the Kollective, and those within who have based their lives on this Interrogistic standard. Pertaining to Interrogisma, the Tribe represents ones dedication to upholding the Honor of the Interrogistic Kollective. Pertaining to Interrogismi, the Tribe represents ones dedication to upholding the Honor of the Self.

Many people say, well that's Satanism, so why not just call yourself a Satanist? Well... Satanism fails at the very point at which it becomes an -ism-. Satan as an archetype, according to the definition of the term archetype, implies a pattern of behavior, a prototype upon which others are copied, patterned, or emulated. That's not very original for my taste, though most so called Satanist call this phenomenon individuality, in this modern era. I ask them all to reference the fact that when judging a populous, one might properly use archetypical standards in a very general way, however, pertaining to an specific individual persons/personalities, one is left with little more than a warn out stereotype, and however oversimplified that stereotype may be, its far from original and pails in comparison to the claim it fancies itself to be making. They may as well refer to themselves as Sinister dandelions.

I'm simply tired of explaining to those who do not (or can not) understand, the finer points of prescriptions and descriptions, and so I've thrown out the bath water, kept the baby, and raised him/myself according to the terms of my ever growing abilities to Interrogate reality, and stir the memetic pools of the mundane.

This issue is not about any one title, and never has been. Its hardly about any one brand of philosophy either. Its about the lines drawn that few dare to cross. One must be either a Satanist, Humanist, or Atheist. One must be Machiavellian, Nietzschean, or LaVeyan in thought. I say now that if any one of these venues are pursued in spite of the others, not one of these men, or their philosophies are properly justified in any good manner. These men addressed the aspects of reality which mattered to them personally, and they elaborated on their PERCEPTION of that recognition. They, most of them provided their methods and studies, some of which are useful to others, However, its the individual student who must make that call, and develop a sound understanding of that which is being studied. Far to often I am witness to the pseudo intellectual fail to study the actual essence, due to being bound by the form, be it Machiavellian, Myattian, Nietzschean, or LaVeyan. I assume a seat along side those who offer their own forms, rather than binding themselves to that of another.

Its the logic that strengthens one, not the over all philosophy, and the practical knowledge, rather than a hallow title, so call it what you will, you are what you are, So long as you get up off your ass and make it happen. Far to long has society forced these primitive standards on their dullard civilians, and cause the weak minded to contort in such unnatural fashions. Ill Interrogate for myself, and make that call myself, as lines are not necessarily a bad thing, so much as knowing who draws them out. If you didn't draw those philosophical and intellectual lines yourself, your bound by the form of another, and the essence eludes you, thus your intellect and philosophical standards are edentulous. Thus a Sinister dandelion...

o9a3o

#61438 - 11/16/11 10:57 AM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Interrogist]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Interrogist

The title and method that I refer to as Interrogist, on its most basic level, address that I reject anities, isms, and belief systems, and points to the path of development that I am passing through, in order to reach this stage and others.

And so you've replaced all of those 'isms' and such with an 'ist' and an 'isma' and an 'ismi' and replaced existing belief systems with your own belief system that purports to be a path to something that needs no such label (as you allude to below)?

...while being ignorant to the essence that needs no such label whatsoever...

The Tribe:
The Tribal banner in the foreground represents the Kollective, and those within who have based their lives on this Interrogistic standard. Pertaining to Interrogisma, the Tribe represents ones dedication to upholding the Honor of the Interrogistic Kollective.

And then, while you reject the ideas of others, and the principles founded therein, you propose to have a group of folk who take on your label at the same time that you condemn such people (those following types)?

Satanism fails at the very point at which it becomes an -ism-. Satan as an archetype, according to the definition of the term archetype, implies a pattern of behavior, a prototype upon which others are copied, patterned, or emulated. That's not very original for my taste, though most so called Satanist call this phenomenon individuality, in this modern era.

Or, maybe some people use the term Satanist in much the same way that you use your ismas and such, and the same way, for example, that Dan uses his ADM as a descriptor for testing everything and seeking one's own truth. I think most people who walk the LHP (for real) begin their journeys precisely because they understand these concepts.

I'm simply tired of explaining to those who do not (or can not) understand, the finer points of prescriptions and descriptions, and so I've thrown out the bath water, kept the baby, and raised him/myself according to the terms of my ever growing abilities to Interrogate reality, and stir the memetic pools of the mundane.

Again, most who are serious and have been at this for any length of time realize this at the beginning of their walk and just prior to taking a step to the left. Aquino calls it a Grail Quest, others call it whatever they call it but it isn't new.

One must be Machiavellian, Nietzschean, or LaVeyan in thought. I say now that if any one of these venues are pursued in spite of the others, not one of these men, or their philosophies are properly justified in any good manner. These men addressed the aspects of reality which mattered to them personally, and they elaborated on their PERCEPTION of that recognition. They, most of them provided their methods and studies, some of which are useful to others, However, its the individual student who must make that call, and develop a sound understanding of that which is being studied.

As you, I, and everyone else who is serious is doing. Robert Anton Wilson made a great video about perception and reality tunnels (highlighting Edmund Husserl's work) that does a great job of describing how people mete out personal understanding via individual judgements (and the vast potential for misunderstanding based upon that).

Bottom line, I'm not trying to shoot holes in what you're trying to do. I respect those who take the onus of their own destinies upon themselves whether or not I agree with every finer point. I like your symbolism as it shows that a degree of thought and creativity was put into their development.

My own personal critique of it would simply be that I've either seen it before, stated differently, or that there are thoughts represented here that I've also had yet didn't feel it necessary to try to re label them as a system of my own.

As has been discussed here, there and everywhere, the core concepts of what make up LHP are simple and intuitive to those predisposed to leaning that way. I tried once (perhaps unsuccessfully) to underscore that idea here.

Another way that I've heard it succinctly stated (by Dan D) was 'same root, different flower'.

#61452 - 11/16/11 12:40 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Fnord]
Interrogist Offline

Originally Posted By: Fnord

And so you've replaced all of those 'isms' and such with an 'ist' and an 'isma' and an 'ismi' and replaced existing belief systems with your own belief system that purports to be a path to something that needs no such label (as you allude to below)?

Let me clarify how my terminology functions, and you will see what these terms point to.

Interrogist (ist) = One who is sighted, thus recognizes the deeper functions of reality, and can view the LHP, recognizes the opportunity to personally set out upon it. However, only the sight is addressed here.

Interrogistic (tic) = One who is acting on that sight, one who personally utilizes that opportunity.

Interrogisma (ma) = Ones personal Interrogistic -methods- of action and manipulation of the external world, the Casual, to ones will. The hacking of realities software.

Interrogismi (mi) = Ones personal Interrogistic -methods- of action and manipulation of the internal self, the Mindspace, to an organic state. The rebooting of the self, so as to uninstall unwanted (mundane) software.

Over all, I dont feel that Im just replacing an (ism) whatsoever. Its obvious that I am describing the methods by which I am freed from such binding concepts.

And then, while you reject the ideas of others, and the principles founded therein, you propose to have a group of folk who take on your label at the same time that you condemn such people (those following types)?

You would do well to understand the deeper meaning of my words Fnord. I do not reject the ideas of others by default. Again, I describe the method by which I Interrogate ideas, and regardless of the person who offers them, such Interrogation will take place, and I will evaluate, then reject or internalize as I see fit.

I have made no claim to a (group of folk) who have taken on (my label). If anything, my label has been recognized as productive, and a (Kollective of Interrogis'tic' individuals) have noticed myself and my claims. A bit of difference between (herd mentality) and (Kollective Resonance) and anyone here should be able to see it.

Or, maybe some people use the term Satanist in much the same way that you use your ismas and such, and the same way, for example, that Dan uses his ADM as a descriptor for testing everything and seeking one's own truth. I think most people who walk the LHP (for real) begin their journeys precisely because they understand these concepts.

I will slightly disagree with this, as people like myself, and Dan, are able to codify our own methods by which to proceed along that path, whereas the Satanist has accepted a form that will fit nearly ANY essence, thus for me, Satanism is dead. The ideas and concepts are alive and well, however the form is useless.

Any time you say, I am a (blank), and others can say to you, justifiably, Well which of the 10,000 verities of (Blank) are you? Well Fnord, your (Blank) is so flexible that it has become a joke. Im comfortable with being the only verity of Interrogist, and if that places me in the likes of Dan and company, well, a damn fine company it is. My recognition and company, speaks for themselves.

Again, most who are serious and have been at this for any length of time realize this at the beginning of their walk and just prior to taking a step to the left. Aquino calls it a Grail Quest, others call it whatever they call it but it isn't new.

Please point me to where I have claimed to be New, or the First... I got over that a while ago Fnord, and I cant say that I appreciate that recurring false accusation.

As you, I, and everyone else who is serious is doing. Robert Anton Wilson made a great video about perception and reality tunnels (highlighting Edmund Husserl's work) that does a great job of describing how people mete out personal understanding via individual judgements (and the vast potential for misunderstanding based upon that).

Lol, ok... Well It is possible to fail in ones personal judgements along the way, however, to lean on an external source for understanding is to fail for sure. Are you being serious here? Are you asking me to look to these people because Ill fail if I depend on my personal judgement... As if to insist that personal judgement is a bad thing? Fucking Please, its shit like that that cause me to realize that Satanic Forms are a joke man... Nice try though. lolz...

Bottom line, I'm not trying to shoot holes in what you're trying to do. I respect those who take the onus of their own destinies upon themselves whether or not I agree with every finer point. I like your symbolism as it shows that a degree of thought and creativity was put into their development.

My own personal critique of it would simply be that I've either seen it before, stated differently, or that there are thoughts represented here that I've also had yet didn't feel it necessary to try to re label them as a system of my own.

As has been discussed here, there and everywhere, the core concepts of what make up LHP are simple and intuitive to those predisposed to leaning that way. I tried once (perhaps unsuccessfully) to underscore that idea here.

Another way that I've heard it succinctly stated (by Dan D) was 'same root, different flower'.

Im not at all offended Fnord, and I welcome everyone to poke as many holes in Interrogistic thinking as possible. Thanks for the reply man, I look forward to more in the future.

#61455 - 11/16/11 02:00 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Interrogist]
Fnord Offline

Speak to the core then.

In one paragraph or less describe in concise terms how your methodologies and/or codifications are different than what is commonly accepted as Satanism (and when referring to Satanists, I'm talking about people who are serious and have a demonstrated understanding of LHP principles).

Quote:

Are you asking me to look to these people because Ill fail if I depend on my personal judgement... As if to insist that personal judgement is a bad thing?

No, you're making things up. You insist that you don't dismiss others ideas out of hand, I posted a suggestion to watch a 3 min video by means of a shortcut to the point I was attempting to make. Personal judgement is a great thing... so is research to make sure you don't step in any holes.

#61457 - 11/16/11 02:31 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Fnord]
Interrogist Offline

[quote=Fnord]Speak to the core then.

In one paragraph or less describe in concise terms how your methodologies and/or codifications are different than what is commonly accepted as Satanism (and when referring to Satanists, I'm talking about people who are serious and have a demonstrated understanding of LHP principles).[quote]

No Fnord. I can state my methodologies in one paragraph, but I reject you asking me to define something under the context that you have predefined it for me, and only according to that pre definition, might I reply. Save your MindFuckery for those susceptible to it. The truth IS that most people calling themselves Satanist in this age, have little idea what the fuck they are talking about.

If buying a copy of TSB makes you a Satanist, buying a copy of THB makes you a Christian as well. That's all Child's play. Anyone who has put in the work and study will not be offended by these words, as they will know them to be true. Its the Work that is the dividing line in any philosophy, and truthfully, most who call themselves Satanist have all the right books, and web memberships, but put in none of the Work. Have you ever been on a Satanic web site? Try talking to a few of them. Paths are not for reading, they are for walking, and on My Interrogistic path, Ill be defining my own definitions as pertaining to my observations.

Now if you still want that paragraph as for my methodologies, well, just say the word. But Ill be the one drawing the lines. You don't seem to understand that I'm saying fuck all predefined principles, and yes, even the Satanic ones. In my Interrogismi, if you take anything at face value, without validating it yourself, you are a fool. Its not my style to let others set the guidelines, as much as it is to shatter them. Try again.

Edited by Interrogist (11/16/11 02:38 PM)

#61458 - 11/16/11 02:42 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Interrogist]
Interrogist Offline

No, you're making things up. You insist that you don't dismiss others ideas out of hand, I posted a suggestion to watch a 3 min video by means of a shortcut to the point I was attempting to make. Personal judgement is a great thing... so is research to make sure you don't step in any holes.

I call bullshit on that as well, as I love holes, and tend to jump into them head first. Pathei mathous Fnord, its far better than any book you have ever read, and I mean any book.

#61459 - 11/16/11 03:01 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Interrogist]
Fnord Offline

You don't seem to understand that I'm saying fuck all predefined principles, and yes, even the Satanic ones. In my Interrogismi, if you take anything at face value, without validating it yourself, you are a fool. Its not my style to let others set the guidelines, as much as it is to shatter them.

Oh, excellent, then! A brand new point of view. Yes, I would very much like that paragraph.

I understand that you think you're tossing all predefined principles into the trash bin, but I will show you how whatever it is that you're going to write has already been written.

Hell, even the language that you're going to use to describe whatever it is you're going to say is subject to predefined principles unless you're going to write your statements like Carroll wrote Jabberwocky.

As for jumping headfirst into holes ... oh yeah, I forgot you're that martyr guy over at SIN.

#61461 - 11/16/11 03:33 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Fnord]
Interrogist Offline

Oh, excellent, then! A brand new point of view.

Ill ask again that you point us all to the post where I claimed to be advocating a "Brand New Point of View"... I mean I can understand that Im the new kid on the block, so everyone is going to fuck with me to see what I am made of, But I have to say Fnord, at this point, your already recycling twice dismissed unfounded accusations... Thats weak man, and Im sure the big bad Club can do better than you.

Yes, I would very much like that paragraph.

In one paragraph or less describe in concise terms how your methodologies and/or codifications are different than what is commonly accepted as Satanism

The primary distinction between Modern Satanism and Interrogisma would be that Modern Satanism has become a memetic phenomenon to be adhered to, see also the RHP, whereas Interrogisma, by its definition is the very WORK that Modern Satanism lacks see also LHP. Also, The memetic phenomenon known as Modern Satanism can be easily achieved by any mundane who has the seven bucks to buy the TSB and claim that hallow title, and Interrogisma only fits those who are willing and ABLE to perform the Work in question. Fuck LaVeyanity Fnord.

I understand that you think you're tossing all predefined principles into the trash bin, but I will show you how whatever it is that you're going to write has already been written.

This would be the third time you have beaten this dead horse Fnord... Im just going to keep asking you to show us all that post where I said I was the New and the First, Im still waiting.

Edited by Interrogist (11/16/11 03:43 PM)

#61462 - 11/16/11 03:44 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Interrogist]
Interrogist Offline

[quote=Fnord]
Hell, even the language that you're going to use to describe whatever it is you're going to say is subject to predefined principles unless you're going to write your statements like Carroll wrote Jabberwocky.
[quote]

You seem rather insecure Fnord. Do I make you that uncomfortable? You dont even know what Im going to say yet, and yet, you already have all the answers? Its that very attitude that I have rooted out of myself, and Im glad.

Edited by Interrogist (11/16/11 03:44 PM)

#61463 - 11/16/11 03:45 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Interrogist]
Interrogist Offline

As for jumping headfirst into holes ... oh yeah, I forgot you're that martyr guy over at SIN.

Oh, so your out of ammunition and you think dragging that up will help your case, lol. Well Everyone here is free to take a trip to SIN and test my namesake. Hell, go ask Zach what he thinks about me. If anyone knows anything about me, its that I dont kiss ass, and I fear no axe. Go ask around.

#61465 - 11/16/11 03:54 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Interrogist]
Fnord Offline

Ill ask again that you point us all to the post where I claimed to be advocating a "Brand New Point of View"...

You repeatedly imply it with your own statements, such as this:

You don't seem to understand that I'm saying fuck all predefined principles, and yes, even the Satanic ones.

By implication, you are saying that no other philosophy is in any way equivalent to your own (else it would be predefined). That implication leads to the obvious... that you are saying that you have a new and fresh take on the adversarial current (that phrase I think does get credited to JK).

What I'm doing is not beating a dead horse sir, I'm asking you to prove your assertions.

Modern Satanism has become a memetic phenomenon to be adhered to..

That is an incorrect statement. Please back it up.

Interrogisma, by its definition is the very WORK that Modern Satanism lacks see also LHP.

Complete bullshit. Are you saying that the very real Satanists who populate this board aren't really working at their path and won't begin to do so until they drop the moniker of Satanist?

The memetic phenomenon known as Modern Satanism can be easily achieved by any mundane who has the seven bucks to buy the TSB and claim that hallow title, and Interrogisma only fits those who are willing and ABLE to perform the Work in question.

Bullshit again. Just buying a Satanic Bible doesn't make one a Satanist, it's always been about the work. You're just the next Mabon who wants to apply his own label to that which already exists.

You seem rather insecure Fnord. Do I make you that uncomfortable? You dont even know what Im going to say yet, and yet, you already have all the answers?

Nope, just seen this brand of bullshit about a hundred times. This ain't my first rodeo, kid.

Go ask around.

I've heard all I care to hear, trust me.

#61467 - 11/16/11 04:29 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Fnord]
Interrogist Offline

Fnord, what you think I am implying, and what I am actually saying, can be reasoned by anyone who care to read this over, so I have no need to defend what I never said. However, now that you bring it up, I will give you props on pointing out that the stereotypical personality, will fit nicely into a philosophical stereotypical slot. What you want to call that slot matters very little. A rose by any other name, would ring as herdly. Try to chew on that a while and see what it is that I imply ;\)

How the fuck are you going to attack my individual method and philosophy, when you cant even do so without quoting Dan Dread or Jason King? lol Fuck off man, cant you see the stupidity in that? Your proving my assertions for me. It seems to hurt your feelings that I will not carry some banner with you. Why is that? If we resonate on some level, why is that not enough? It seems that you are demanding that I assume your form as well, As though your unable to navigate outside of the form that currently binds you. And you call me a child...

My statement that Modern Satanism is now a memetic trend is true, and while there are always exception to the rule, I believe its fair to say that the better part of Satanism has been commercialized. Its hardly more than TSBs and Tshirts that reflect a inverted Christianity. Those who live the actual Work can do so under any other title, and so I point out that those who are adamant about maintaining that particular form are clearly stuck.

Thus, who the fuck are you to wag a finger at me, simply because I have built a form of my own, so as to promote my own productivity along the path, rather than spending the day trying to explain away the douchebaggery of LaVeyan bullshit, that now wafts it hypocritical stink in all things Satanic? Am I something new? Perhaps not. Though my Brand is new, and I seem to be doing this better than some.

So that makes me Mabon eh? Well... I guess If I wanted to be a REAL Satanist and fit in here on the Club, I have to fall in line, think what you think, refer to myself under your titles, and use only your terminology, and call that my individuality, only you and LaVey can go fuck yourselves, as I have said so many times before. Next?

#61469 - 11/16/11 04:48 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Interrogist]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
If I may interject...

Interrogist, thanks for answering my question (to the extent that you did). But I still don't know why you chose the word "Interrogism" to label your philosophy. Is it that your path is rooted in inquiry?

#61470 - 11/16/11 04:49 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: Interrogist]
Fnord Offline

Firstly, I'm not quoting anyone, I'm referring to past interactions and I'm giving credit where due in all honesty.

You've made some assertions:

1). Satanism is dead, presumably because you've made the determination that it's some form to be adhered to.

To this I would say that is only your (limited view) opinion and you would have a difficult time backing it up.

2). Satanists lack a work ethic and the form is basically all talk.

To this, again, I called bullshit. Look around you.

I'm not the one selling something (a new term) and I've never tried to get you to conform to my views. All I've done is to try to get you to simply state what your views are which, so far, are wholly encompassed in the above two items.

You make many assumptions, such as the one you keep making about me being a follower of LaVey. You have nothing to ground that on except an opinion that I guarantee you cannot back up.

Finally, you've insulted me many times for calmly and rationally asking you to explain the views that you chose to put up here in a public forum.

If I called you a child I stick by it because you act like one.

#61471 - 11/16/11 05:04 PM Re: Interrogistic Symbolism [Re: William Wright]
Interrogist Offline

Originally Posted By: William Wright
If I may interject...

Interrogist, thanks for answering my question (to the extent that you did). But I still don't know why you chose the word "Interrogism" to label your philosophy. Is it that your path is rooted in inquiry?

Id like you to link me to page where I ever called it (Interrogism) as I am sure that I did not. Interrogist, Interogisma, Interrogismi, and Interrogistic, all refer to methods of Interrogation of reality, and yes, my method is the study and inquiry of all things within my ever increasing scope. I hope that is a bit clearer than I was before. I welcome your questions William, and thanks.

Edited by Interrogist (11/16/11 05:05 PM)

Page 1 of 23 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.