Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#61511 - 11/17/11 01:11 PM Socio/Psychopathy and Satanism
Sorcerer Offline
Banned
stranger

Hello there. Here is an idea that I find compelling, and which I wanted to run by the bright people of this forum. My idea is that socio/psychopaths are in the process of taking over the world, because they represent the evolution of humanity in the sense of Bloom's Lucifer Principle. That is, modern civilization actually needs 'paths to move to higher levels of intricacy, organization and power (If you disagree, I challenge you to try running a large organization without sociopaths and see how successful you are). I would further speculate that it was 'paths who first left ancestral tribes and founded civilization, and have been the driving force for progress ever since. The upshot of all this is that the modern world is TAILOR-MADE for the socio/psychopathic 1%, who prey upon the mundane 99% like vampires. And as the following very interesting article explains, the 'paths may even be in the process of staging an evolutionary coup: http://www.realitysandwich.com/psychopathy_financial_meltdown

Now, all this relates to Satanism because even 'paths need religion. I see Satanism as a leading candidate for the religion/philosophy of the sociopathic elite – in fact it may already enjoy that status, if the conspiracy theorists are to be believed.

What say you? Are Satanism and Socio/Psychopathy a match made in Hell?

Edited by Sorcerer (11/17/11 01:33 PM)

#61514 - 11/17/11 01:55 PM Re: Socio/Psychopathy and Satanism [Re: Sorcerer]
PrinceOfBabalon Offline
stranger

Loc: London
The very idea of "the sociopath" is rooted in collectivist attempts to demonize certain behaviors. See the work of the psychiatrist (and professor of the subject I think) Thomas Szasz who compares the modern idea of mental illness with medieval ideas of witchcraft; anything that goes against socially approved norms becomes "madness" just as anyone in medieval Europe (and still in some "cultures") who demonstrated certain characteristics such as independence or unconventional wisdom was necessarily a witch.

Of course, that is not to say that there aren't certain traits that are dangerous or that there aren't people who have lost contact with reality (amusingly, the "masses" are usually closer to this than the "sociopath"), but that much of what is considered "abnormal" is nothing other than the disapproval of the herd. This is why Satanism is sometimes associated with mental illness.

This is a huge topic but you may find Eric Hoffer's The Unnaturalness of Human Nature and Colin Wilson's The Outsider worth reading. They both discuss why certain characteristics such as independence and wisdom are regarded with fear by those who don't have them and how the outsider has done more to take civilization into new, ground-breaking areas than the entirety of the collective masses.

#61518 - 11/17/11 03:49 PM Re: Socio/Psychopathy and Satanism [Re: PrinceOfBabalon]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
From what I've seen, many of histories greatest heroes as well as those who were considered "Evil" would be classified as sociopath's by today's standards. They were the ones who didn't fear going against the common beliefs of the time in regards to right and wrong.

I had myself professionally psycho analised twice because I tend to think very differently then the rest of "normal" society and was curious to see if by today's mental health standards I was running on all eight cylinders. I honestly believed that they would find something off, even if it was just a slight case of antisocial behavior. I was quite surprised when both times I was told that there was absolutely nothing they could find. I wonder if things would have been different if I mentioned that I was a Satanist.

#61542 - 11/17/11 08:52 PM Re: Socio/Psychopathy and Satanism [Re: Sorcerer]
Octavian Offline
pledge

I thought I might add a couple of quotes in support of POB’s post.

"The struggle for definition is veritably the struggle for life itself. In the typical Western two men fight desperately for the possession of a gun that has been thrown to the ground: whoever reaches the weapon first shoots and lives; his adversary is shot and dies. In ordinary life, the struggle is not for guns but for words; whoever first defines the situation is the victor; his adversary, the victim. For example, in the family, husband and wife, mother and child do not get along; who defines whom as troublesome or mentally sick?...[the one] who first seizes the word imposes reality on the other; [the one] who defines thus dominates and lives; and [the one] who is defined is subjugated and may be killed." Prof. Thomas Szasz.

“There is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge that does not presuppose and constitute at the same time power relations” Prof. Michel Foucault

“...it's my hypothesis that the individual is not a pre-given entity which is seized on by the exercise of power. The individual, with his identity and characteristics, is the product of a relation of power exercised over bodies, multiplicities, movements, desires, forces.” Prof. Michel Foucault

Am I sociopath or a psychopath? No, I refuse.

#61544 - 11/17/11 09:27 PM Re: Socio/Psychopathy and Satanism [Re: Asmedious]
Hegesias Offline

Antisocial Personality Disorder encompasses The Dark Triad of personality - characteristics are Machiavellian intelligence, malignant narcissism, sociopathy. Strong and independent individuals are evil. The weak and powerless are men of resentment and attempt to present their natural master's in as bad a light as possible. Men of resentment respond to master morality with slave morality.

I accuse malfeasance in modern psychology – Judaeo-Christian morality cloaked in a white laboratory coat.

According to traditional morality “evil” is with strong connotations holding to dysfunctional and/or needless behaviours, rather than to represent sophistication exemplary of social dominance.

Psychopathy is distinct from sociopathy with stronger indications to dysfunctional behaviours, not dissimilar insofar as intense impulsivity, but with a only weak will to govern such impulsivity, psychopathy will oftentimes be counterproductive for the individual housing its urges. Psychopathy ought to be seen as distinct from sociopathy if not only for biological damage to the brain being a cause of psychopathy in some individuals. A sociopath can have a fully functioning brain but has the ability to phase out affective empathy response. His ability is utilising cognitive empathy to gauge others in pitiless detail.

It is my affirmation that people project an opposite image to what they truly are – most evidently it is often the case, but not toward social dominance - those who regard the will to survive as primacy have herd temperament, a slave morality, but for the barbarian temperament, the master, the will to power is stronger than the will to survive - and as nature would have it, for the barbarian caste, as consequence of his strength, is his survival, naturally.

Sociopaths are fearless children and never develop fear based emotional responses to negative social cues. Sociopaths are unable to feel shame and so never see themselves with anything but grand self respect - a condition of temperament not image validation. The slave moralist believes the mask he wears to be what he really is - a piteous condition called vanity, his anxiety relieving hallucination – the slave moralist is under constant threat of devaluation, distinguishing him as weak and powerless - he lacks pride.

Society’s measure is one of mediocrity where weak willed temperament is the measure taken on all men - the 'good natured' Christ like figure is not separate from the petty. In reality, a much too vulgar a display of power invites the stronger to outdo him – whereby peasantry evil is subject to aristocratic irony.

Will to power seeks to conspire with itself, for more power. The Devil recognises his own.

#61559 - 11/18/11 07:48 AM Re: Socio/Psychopathy and Satanism [Re: Sorcerer]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
Psychology and Psychiatry are kind of religion and a bit business too. Their preachers invented such theories and now they scare people with sociopaths and psychopaths...

Of course some individuals can be very radical and we have to avoid such individuals or psychic vampires, but some characteristics and tactics of sociopath are very healthy and good to survive in stupid crowd.

#75533 - 03/25/13 04:19 AM Re: Socio/Psychopathy and Satanism [Re: Latvian]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
True Sociopathy has nothing to do with any kind of success, and the theory that they are needed to run a country or what not is severely mislead. Sociopathy at it's true definition is just the idea of not caring if what you do hurts people, whether they are innocent or not.

This mentality does not indicate you will succeed, it has nothing to do with an ability and makes people not want to help you out so it can be counterproductive at times.

Some of them are clever, some of them are stupid. The intelligent ones often find success in some way, the stupid ones do not.

The willingness to go against accepted morality has nothing to do with sociopathy. The willingness to do that is a positive trait, and in many cases can be necessary for success. There are smaller examples, and ones that go further but either way it is not sociopathy, even if it is painted as such.

Say in a Christian society, killing is considered wrong no matter what the person did. You however, think for yourself and decide that you think killing is ok if the person has killed someone else, but not if they didn't. You would not be a sociopath, because you would still care about someone who was not a murderer however you would have gone beyond the moral ideology of your society and may be considered "evil", you however are not a sociopath if that is the case.

#75534 - 03/25/13 04:32 AM Re: Socio/Psychopathy and Satanism [Re: Hegesias]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias

Sociopaths are fearless children and never develop fear based emotional responses to negative social cues. Sociopaths are unable to feel shame and so never see themselves with anything but grand self respect

This is untrue, being a sociopath has nothing to do with being fearful or not. Sociopaths are fully capable of feeling fear, in fact it is the only way to get them to listen to you.

Sociopaths do not personally care if they hurt people or are immoral, but that doesn't mean they have the guts to handle backlash or scrutiny, those things are hard to handle sociopath or not.

Child abusers are most likely sociopaths, but they still would in most cases be afraid of backlash from others. Even if they knew they could not serve time for their crimes(double jeopardy,statute of limitations etc.) they still would likely want to conceal their crimes. If someone were to want to physically assault them, and that person was stronger than them they would be afraid most likely, because these rarely are the types to stand up to someone stronger.

Many sociopaths still feel the need to be liked, center of attention etc. and wouldn't be able to deal with backlash, they just don't care if they hurt people as long as it doesn't effect their popularity. They are no less vulnerable than anyone, they just don't care if they hurt people.

Edited by 334forwardspin (03/25/13 04:33 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.