Page 13 of 30 « First<1112131415>Last »
Topic Options
#49210 - 02/20/11 11:12 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Clicks]
SinfulAngel Offline
lurker

Loc: Essex
I have just finished readind a series of books called 'The Lords Of The Underworld' by author Gena Showalter.
They are aimed at women and are a brilliant read. The author has managed to mix sex, comedy, gore and heartache into her books, making them a fantastic read.

#49212 - 02/20/11 11:29 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Hegesias Offline

Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do
Hagakure; Book of the Samurai
Will to Power (The Late Notebooks), Twilight of the Idols, Thus Spake Zarathustra, Beyond Good & Evil by Nietzsche
Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter J. Carroll
Codex Saerus: The Black Book of Satan I, II, & III
NAOS: A practical Guide to Modern Magick
PanParadox from IXAXAAR

The rest of my physical collection are various serial killer/ criminal psychology books scattered about the place as door stops or reference points, I read most other things from online having invested in an 'electronic book reader' to store various Occult literature in PDF.

The above are among my favoured books and I have plenty shit to do for years if I continue apply it all via Sinister Dialectics.

#49237 - 02/20/11 03:03 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
TheInsane Offline

Originally Posted By: Hegesias

PanParadox from IXAXAAR

That one is hilarious. Seldom have someone so completely missed the target or simply ignored history as the writer of this book. Sure, the other TotBL litterature does not make them look particularly intelligent but this is the worst one so far. Just have a look at the description which should be enough to dismiss it:

PanParadox: Pan Towards Chaos

Ixaxaar Publishing (SOLD OUT)

Pan, the untamed beast in demon-shape, which strolls restless around our woods and mountains, or rather, coils, levitating through our filthy cosmic galaxies, as a burning dragon, laughing relentlessly at the creation of cosmos.

Pan is the one who ignites the torch of Lucifer, which brings forth the black flame. Pan is the one who creeps up behind, sprinkling gasoline on ones back and flicks sparkling matches at you. Not because for the fact that he hates you, but just to get one's attention… to get you to wake up and for once, take your existence or subsistence seriously. When you have succeeded with that, then your work as a magician can start – a magician who imposes masterwork in black Chaos magic. For this is what black Chaos magic essentially is all about, to feed ones inner, develop and to transcendent into Chaos. Whether Chaos exists in ones mind, or beyond cosmos is irrelevant at this moment, what is important is ones awareness as a Chaotic individual, a human in black magical possession.

Anti-cosmic, Chaos-gnostic and Satanic philosophy and mysticism around the misrepresented contemptuous god and black magical Chaos-philosophy. Includes Satanic illustrations and rituals.

#49241 - 02/20/11 04:07 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: TheInsane]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
The Anti-Christ by by Nietzsche
The Magicakal Essence of Aleister Crowley by Cornelius
Red Goddess & Diabolical by Scarlett Imprint
Sword of Truth series by Goodkind (reading these because my kid is reading them)
Math For Mystics by Renna Shesso
The Science of Masonic Initiation by Lomas
The Lodge and the Craft by Blackmer
Cinema Sewer by Bougie
Psychopath's Bible and Urban Voodoo by Chris Hyatt

Edited by LucyFur (02/20/11 04:07 PM)

#49269 - 02/21/11 12:28 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: TheInsane]
Hegesias Offline

A short but hopefully concise book review at 5:19 am in the morning, why? I don't know, make something up.

PanParadox is a historical & mythological investigation/ narration and black Chaos magic tracts dealing with the link and the nature between the unconscious mind and Chaos.

Before ruling out something as absolutely false, for one solitary moment take a step back and look at the way Norsemen are portrayed in Nazarene media still today, as a lowbrow uncultured swine, or at best having his only redeeming quality being something like a 'good heart' but with a low mental capacity. This minuscule connotation does not summarise how Nazarene society has overwritten history, book burning etc.

The authors studies are compared to the original remaining scripts of the Old Norse and Icelandic literature having nothing to do with Christianised overwritten history, and many times discussed with Professors, Ph. D’s, etc. from sundry universities and institutions on the subject.

Many things about the unfamiliar and unknown will appear instantly wrong to the uninitiated.

All correlations between ancient Greek (Hellenic), Norse and other sundry traditions record the essence of 'Pan' which means 'All' and in the workings of PanParadox this is the paradigm towards the paradoxical nature of Chaos within the individual. Pan is the anti-cosmic pestilent thought, a Dark God.

To impose masterwork in black Chaos magic. For this is what black Chaos magic is essentially, to feed the inner abyss, develop and to transcend into Chaos. Whether Chaos exists in one´s mind, or beyond cosmos is irrelevant, what is important is one´s awareness as a Chaotic individual, a human in black magical possession.

So you can either be dismissal of anti-cosmic philosophy or learn to laugh as I do at people dying, at having ones own head smashed in, at violence and at suffering and death, why? because we mock the cosmos by our very essence, not in ego. We are Sinister, and nihilistic paradigms, especially polarised nihilistic paradigms are powerful to work with, why? because we are to bring about anarchistic causal change. The writings in the PanParadox book for example are metaphorical, culminating and unifying understanding that man has an inexorable link to Chaos in his psyche and that archetypes have emerged from this recognition around the worlds existence all correlating in some manner to one another being all in the same, that enlightenment is to be found in absolute darkness. The all and nothing of Chaos, that all leads back to Chaos/ nothingness just as all philosophies and trains of thought, all eventually lead back to nihilism.

Existential nihilism is not an end to, but a means to open the stage for the revaluation of 'all' values. Nihilism opens the stage for the Will to Power to assert itself. Nihilism is the preceptor of revaluation, nihilism does not replace values, it destroys them and opens the stage for unification of opposites. Nihilism functions as a transitional stage, and ought to be understood as a means of progression toward self knowledge. Nihilism is not an end of progression, quite the opposite and more, more being the key word. Synonymous with what is psychonautics and internal black Chaos magic.

Disregard the philosophical clarity that leads back to simplicity/ clarity and dwell solely for the the abstractions of external tantalisations. However, the unconscious mind and the Dark Gnosis is something very few will ever come to understand or experience.

Knowledge is not the same as understanding.

#49315 - 02/21/11 07:41 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
TheInsane Offline

Your post is like most posts I have seen by sympathizers of the so called “anti-cosmic tradition” – long, full of pseudo academic language and in the end saying very little. TotBL are masters at using old traditions but spin them completely to their own system and basically disregarding what they actually stood or stands for. They did it with the Egyptian tradition, they did it perhaps even more with the Indian one and they did it again here with Pan.

The problem with their interpretations are that they hard core dualists and try to impose that on other traditions (particularly laughable with their interpretation of Kali). Pan was more of a symbol of chaos in nature – the untamed nature. It wasn’t opposed to the cosmos but was shown that it was a aspect of cosmos (just like Kali in the tantric vamachara tradition). This keeps being the problem with TotBL or the so called 218 tradition. They claim that there is opposition and conflict between chaos and cosmos while most of the symbol they use deny such a division. It doesn’t matter how they phrase the words, neither Pan nor Kali were ever anti-cosmic. Chaotic? Absolutely, but never in hard core dual opposition but rather as a part of what makes, what is perceived as, order to work.

And for anyone who has read the authors early writings when he tried to be the leader of his own cult knows that he really has no sound base on where to stand and that the PanParadox book is a rather weak attempt at trying to justify his ill-informed ideology from way back when (when he could be excused because he was just a teenager at the time).

So yeah, if you have good evidence that the traditions and gods used by the 218 crowd are actually dualistic in a cosmic/anti-cosmic relation feel free to show me. For some reason not even the people regarded as the leaders of the movement have been able to convince me thus far with any of their writings.

And please be concrete instead of wrapping your post in all that mumbo-jumbo (that most sympathizers of the 218 crowd seems to be so good at).

Edited by TheInsane (02/21/11 07:42 PM)

#49318 - 02/21/11 09:09 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do

I began to get interested in Bruce Lee when I read the biography The Legend of Bruce Lee in 1974 and decided to recommend it in the next Cloven Hoof. However:

Originally Posted By: Diane LaVey to M.A.A. 10/7/74
Delete the Legend of Bruce Lee review. Anton knows from reliable sources that the entire Bruce Lee legend was a PR invention of which the book is part. He was a ghetto kid from the orient who knew some fancy footwork, and the legend-makers took him in tow and did what they do best. Now if the book were written as fiction, we could all be inspired by his "critics-be-damned" attitude, just as we are by any convincingly-written story about superpeople.

I responded:

Originally Posted By: M.A.A. to Diane LaVey 10/9/74
Just like you, I thought that the Bruce Lee book was merely one more Kung Fu cult item when I glanced at it in the store. But then I read it and changed my mind. This fellow comes close to being an Anton Szandor LaVey of the orient. Broke all the rules, told critics that if they didn’t like it, it was just tough, and was loved for it. Was fiercely hated by all conventional schools and traditions of Karate, Kung Fu, etc. Designed his own system from scratch. Strong possibility that his death was contrived by people who didn’t like boats rocked. Get the book and you’ll see what I’m driving at.

Nevertheless Lee remained banned from C/S recognition or recommendation. Upon the 1975 founding of the Temple of Set, I added the same work you've cited here to its Reading List, where it has remained ever since:

Originally Posted By: Temple of Set Reading List, Category #19: MetaMind
19D. Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee. Burbank: Ohara Publications, 1975. (TOS-4) Lee: “To realize freedom, the mind has to learn to look at life, which is a vast movement without the bondage of time, for freedom lies beyond the field of consciousness. Watch, but don’t stop and interpret, ‘I am free’ - then you’re living in a memory of something that has gone. To understand and live now, everything of yesterday must die.”

In 1991 David Carradine, star of the Kung Fu television series, offered this interesting comment in another Temple of Set-recommended book:

Originally Posted By: David Carradine, The Spirit of Shaolin, 1991
There are two stories about why Bruce Lee didn’t get the part [of Caine in the original Kung Fu television series]. One: that he was turned down because he was too short and too Chinese, which is a way of saying he was, ironically, a victim of the same prejudice we would be dealing with as our theme in the film. Two: that, for some reason I can’t fathom, he was advised by his people not to take the part.

I was told by someone in the production company that they weren’t sure he could act well enough to handle the complexities of the character. Maybe he groveled at Jerry’s [Thorpe, Warner Brothers producer/director] feet. I don’t know. Whatever the reason, it caused him to quit Hollywood, go home to Hong Kong and embrace his destiny.

Bruce Lee is thought of by many as a quintessential martial artist. Actually he was first and foremost an actor. His father was a star of Chinese opera. Bruce was born in San Francisco while his father was on tour there. He was doing work as a child actor in Hong Kong before he began his Kung Fu studies. The two disciplines progressed side by side throughout his life. While Bruce was possessed of great energy, concentration, and charisma, the most memorable thing about him was his style, which was his own. Bruce studied the wing chun system, which is a very stiff style. He was prompted to develop his own system, Jeet Kune Do, to escape the limitations of the style he was taught. He could have accomplished this goal simply by studying the flowing Northern Shaolin styles, but then we would not have Jeet Kune Do.

Bruce was highly respected by the martial artists of the world, and he was dedicated to the art, but he was not superhuman. He was like us. He had his weaknesses and his blind spots like the rest of us mortals. He relied heavily on his right side, and his left was never as strong nor as fast nor as accurate. We know now that many of his moves were done by stunt doubles. These things in no way diminish the glory he achieved.

When he died suddenly on June 20, 1973, he was the number one box-office star in the world, and the first oriental actor ever to achieve international stardom.

#49324 - 02/21/11 10:12 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Hegesias Offline

Bruce's philosophy is more prominent in my life than Traditional Satanism. Satanism is a tool for me to assert Will to Power along the lines of Nietzschean self-overcoming but the application of Bruce's philosophy/ concepts has been far more natural with the flow of things. Since I was around 16 I have studied his JKD concept from those old 70's books, not just the physical side that seems to be all over the world these days, but the sobering truths that will befall upon anyone to read his philosophy. Because of the concise and direct way he would put things in perspective, we can see clearly that all things are naturalistic and that 'simplicity' is closest to the abstractionless oneness of nature that we are likely to get, Sinister or otherwise.

I have posted many parts on this site that are what could be described as aggressive Gnosticism/ Satanism/ Death-worship but in real life the best way to assert ones Will is with graceful adaptation and through various paradigms and applications of polarised mindsets are to be put to use in real life—in an individual way we all can be strengthened by exploring those opposites of our nature. This means to be in contrast to nihilistic/ desensitised dispassion that has culminated over the years, although I apply internal black Chaos magick/ psychonautics to control my reactions, to recognise the importance to be respondent to ones surroundings at certain times and places, other beings and nature, to be formless like water able to seep into the cracks of the hardest rock. To oppose with arms flailing in anger is useless, so we are subversive, elusive, deception. The nature of the martial arts fuses deception with harmony as oneness. This means that we ought to move in synchronisation with our opponent whatever they may be, know them, be them and adapt to the situation in this way being in true control of the outcome by being in the moment all the time.

Obviously Satanism has use for different paradigms, by moving over Bruce's philosophy I have fulfilled and preserved my own understandings of myself, understandings and application of his teachings which many are opposites to Satanism and vice versa have been strengthened and fulfilled by their opposites.

Nietzschean philosophy also contributes to my understandings, especially to converge philosophical nihilism and the Tao.

(Also coincidentally, southpaw (right lead), is favoured in jkd because of the long fist wing chun/ western boxing punching style, as for the running side kick also is the strongest/ fastest leg, the right arm does most of the damage in contrast to western boxing were the jab is mainly a feeler, in jkd the lead arm and leg is the closest to the target and most damaging to meet your opponent at the correct time on that instant they move to attack. so the rear arm and leg are for counters and follow ups, there is not combinations so to speak but broken rhythm and reaction, this is why the southpaw is favoured)

Edited by Hegesias (02/21/11 11:05 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar

#49332 - 02/21/11 11:17 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
Hegesias Offline

Also, by chiselling away at the non-essentials we come to realise that the merging actuality of ourselves is in simplicity and that all systems no matter how structurally sound they appear are a disadvantage in some way or another, for anything rigid is prone to crumbling and also ought to be pushed to crumble, so we are adaptable and instead of systems we have a concept to be formless and adaptable. Much likened to all thought process leading back to nihilism and the re-evaluation/ revaluation of values. Sinister transcendence.

#49446 - 02/23/11 05:55 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway

Before ruling out something as absolutely false, for one solitary moment take a step back and look at the way Norsemen are portrayed in Nazarene media still today, as a lowbrow uncultured swine, or at best having his only redeeming quality being something like a 'good heart' but with a low mental capacity. This minuscule connotation does not summarise how Nazarene society has overwritten history, book burning etc.

The authors studies are compared to the original remaining scripts of the Old Norse and Icelandic literature having nothing to do with Christianised overwritten history, and many times discussed with Professors, Ph. D’s, etc. from sundry universities and institutions on the subject.

Well; Norsemen I know a thing or two about, being one myself.

I wholeheartedly agree that what little scraps of Norse history actually remains, has been more or less systematically overwritten.

Either by historical warlords (church/state) in search of a new & effective power-tool (Judeo/Xian mindset).

Xian storytellers/historians of the past realizing the sensibility involved in transforming existing religions towards Xianity in stead of imposing (by force) a new mindset on an unwilling culture.

And last but not least; by the practice of projecting ones own needs and worldview into a puddinglike distortion of "how it must have been".

Now; I take pride in my historical culture.
And the Judeo/Xian mindset is a foul and dirty thing indeed.

But the fact is; we know dip shit about Old-Norse religion and traditions.

What little we know is more or less exclusivly based on Xian distortions, and I am tormented by the fact that those who bangs their shields most violently when it comes to celebrating "The Norsemen" base their assumptions on the same Xian distortions they oppose.

As a paralell; theistic Satanists will do...

There is for example little archeological evidence of Odin-worship.
Some scientists claim that Odin traditionally was more like a runner for the big boys & girls, and there IS archeological evidence to support that theory.
The same scientists ponts out the inherent similarities between the religious role of Odin & Jesus of Nazareth, and if you think about it?

The powers in control around 800-1000 AD needed a vessel to make Xianity more edible for the highly aggressive (and highly spiritual) people of the North, and found the perfect tool in Odin.

Bottom line; evidence points toward Old-Norse mindset being so utterly strange that we cannot even begin to fathom.

What really pisses me off is how MY roots and origin is being used as crutches by neo-nazis and other individuals with a massive need to get a historical justification for their petty and juvenile needs.

I have heard young Black-Metallians claim to have historical Old-Norse justification for their primitive dislike for coloured people.
And the facts they have proudly brought to the table is that the Old-Norse word for blacks & arabic people was blámaðr (Blue Men).
In their simple understanding this is a word for contempt, akin to Nigger...
In my book it is simply basic logic; they are men, they are blue...

Another example would be the word for Native-Americans and Inuits; Skraeling.
The origin of the word is unknown, but it can mean "clad in fur" (logical), or "physically challenged" (not so logical).

Guess which understanding applies for these young bright men?
We are humans. We project.
And since Nietsche has been brought up; the Abyss comes to mind.

I would like to recommend some litterature for you, but I am afraid that these are scientific works not translated into English.

Interesting titles would be:

"Old-Nordic beliefs and cult."
By Oddgeir Hoftun.

Mr. Hoftun is an archeologist and art-historian, and is known for his lifelong attacks on the obvious National-Romanticism which clouds any scientific understanding of the subject.
Really interesting stuff it is...

"Dreams about the past, memories for the future."
By Gry B. Mørk

This is a scientific paper about the Old-Nordic influences in Norwegian Black Metal 1992-1995.
Ms. Mørk (fittingly translates into Ms. Dark ) is by no means a novice.
She lived with one of the members of Gorgoroth for several years and her contacts are impeccable.
I believe that she was one of the few scholars Mr. Varg Vikernes was willing to communicate with whilst imprisoned.
Other contributors to her paper are Gaahl (Ex-Gorgoroth) Daimonion (Enslaved) etc.

Now; gonna do what Norsemen did.
Heading for the woods for the weekend!

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#49459 - 02/23/11 01:04 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Woland]
Gueheriet Offline
stranger

It´s a shame both works aren´t translated to english. Do you know of any othet good book about old norse traditions and customs, not just religion, that could be translated?
Thanks.

#49488 - 02/24/11 02:56 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Woland]
Hegesias Offline

Odinism is a worship of the Aesir correct? the gods of the light... Odin is the bastard demiurge, Compare Baldr and Tyr with Jesus the savior of the paradise. They have nothing to do with the dark gods and satan; they are the light. The Nazarenes stole many other attributes from sundry religions. Hell is taken from the Old Norse underworld called Hel. The foolish demiurge (the light of creation) is the negative and weak, and Satan is the positive and strong, highest principle of Chaos. Surtr (Satan), Loki (Lucifer), Gullveig (Lilith/ Hecate), Fenrir the black wolf and Jormungand the serpent who rise at Ragnarok who ensnare the bastard demiurge creation. They are archetypes wrought from the dark wrathful anti-cosmic Chaos.

May we seek the unbroken Dark Gnosis. The Pure Chaos. The end of the cosmic lie.

Hegesias

#49510 - 02/24/11 06:38 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Hegesias Offline

David Carradine's character in the Kung Fu series was an absolutely racist portrayal of a Chinese Shaolin/ kung fu man if you could call it kung fu (a sorry sight of western ignorance). Lee created the concept for the series The Warrior, which was then stolen by Warner Brothers and the part of the martial arts warrior given to another American a one David Carradine because he was not too Chinese looking like Bruce was.

As to fallacious claims made by Carradine that Bruce was foremost an actor, obviously insinuating that Bruce was on his level in discarding Bruce's element as a philosopher and of the martial arts re evaluation built from the ground up. In this we see that Carradine was the big screen fake and a sorry sight at that, slothful and more ridiculous than Batman fight choreographs around at the time.

The 'stunt double' play of words asserted by David was a twist of events where Bruce would actually 'use stunt men' in his movies to take the powerful running side kicks that he would deliver. Bruce's punches were too fast to be caught on the 25 frames per second of the film they were using and had to be slowed down. Contrary to Raymond Chows frame cutting technique to speed things up in other Golden Harvest productions. Bruce used a simple camera angle effect on a few jumps in the 'Big Boss', some funny shit swinging two guys round on what we know is wires in the Dojo battle royal scene in 'Fist of Fury', and a flip when being pressed down on a smashed vase by the tall guy Kareem Jabbar in the totally hacked to pieces by Hollywood after Bruce's death, 'Game of Death', which was fucked up by placing some ludicrous double in his place playing the part of Bruce, funny as fuck and shitty.

The missing footage (fight scenes) of 'Game of Death' can now be watched without sound in places on dvd and youtube.

#49764 - 02/25/11 07:42 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Hegesias]
TheInsane Offline

Odinism is a worship of the Aesir correct? the gods of the light... Odin is the bastard demiurge, Compare Baldr and Tyr with Jesus the savior of the paradise. They have nothing to do with the dark gods and satan; they are the light. The Nazarenes stole many other attributes from sundry religions. Hell is taken from the Old Norse underworld called Hel. The foolish demiurge (the light of creation) is the negative and weak, and Satan is the positive and strong, highest principle of Chaos. Surtr (Satan), Loki (Lucifer), Gullveig (Lilith/ Hecate), Fenrir the black wolf and Jormungand the serpent who rise at Ragnarok who ensnare the bastard demiurge creation. They are archetypes wrought from the dark wrathful anti-cosmic Chaos.

May we seek the unbroken Dark Gnosis. The Pure Chaos. The end of the cosmic lie.

Hegesias

You still haven't answered my original response to your earlier post but you do continue to do the same mistake over and over. You apply your hard core dualism of so called "anti cosmic Satanism" to old traditions that really weren't dualist.

Perhaps you should take some time and explain yourself and your reasoning in regards to the statements I made earlier.

Just like the vamachara tradition in India the old norse tradition wasnt hard core dualist. They both realized/realize that order comes from chaos and that its manifestations may sometimes be that of conflict but they depend on eachother (just like Heraclitus - dike eris). It is never a matter of a war between light and dark but a way to describe the cycle of life and change.

#49782 - 02/25/11 10:51 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: TheInsane]
Autodidact Offline

I am reading "How To Read A Book".

obNoOneLiners: No, that's not a joke.

Page 13 of 30 « First<1112131415>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.034 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.