Page 17 of 30 « First<1516171819>Last »
Topic Options
#62734 - 12/18/11 04:57 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Sorcerer]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Sorcerer
I've been revisiting the masters of pulp/weird fiction such as Lovecraft, Howard, Ashton-Smith ... I recommend Howard's "Skull-Face" in particular, which blew me away with its vision of an Atlantean Sorcerer unleashed upon the modern world and conspiring to revive an antediluvian black empire at the expense of the entire white race. The story is basically a cross between "The Call of Cthulhu" and "The Insidious Dr. Fu Manchu," which to my mind is about as good as it gets. Absolutely riveting stuff!

If your taste runs to sinister Atlantean sorcerers, pick up this (used copies not too $$) for C.A.S.' yarns about Malygris [what a superb evilname!].

You may already be aware of this remarkable silent The Call of Cthulhu film, but if not, it is definitely to be seen.

I thought Sax Rohmer's Fu Manchu novels a delightful romance of the Yellow Peril at its most perilous, and in 1932 Boris Karloff did an especially-gruntling mustache-twirl as the "three-times-doctor".

#65452 - 03/15/12 01:06 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Noctivagus Offline
lurker

Loc: Bandhagen, Sweden
Right now I got two parallel books going on by the same author, Michael Kelly. Apophis and Aegishjalmur.
It's about the work of the order of Apep.

I find the book Apophis hit's the spot regarding the third Satanic statment,
"Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self‐deceit!"

It's a hard workout for the "self" and what you thought about your self \:\)

#65453 - 03/15/12 01:45 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Noctivagus]
Deofel 616 Offline
lurker

As far as Lovecraft goes,he branches out with the infamous Necromicom into a great book by Clark Ashton Smith, Lin Carter and various other authors.

The book is "The Book of Eibon", or Liber Ivonis mentioned in some of Lovecrafts stories, in one of my favorites by Lovecraft, "The Haunter of the Dark".

You can order the book from Chaosium. It's really worth a read, especially if your into Necromancy.

#65473 - 03/16/12 10:17 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Deofel 616]
RAIDER Offline

Loc: PA
Right now I'm reading '501 Spanish Verbs', and a few other books to help refresh my knowledge of the Spanish language.
I've been communicating with my nephew who was raised in Peru....he doesn't speak any English. It's been really cool to connect with him and his Mom, my half sister.......I haven't seen her in 40 years.

#65535 - 03/17/12 03:45 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: RAIDER]
Scar13 Offline
stranger

Loc: WA
At the moment I am reading The True Grimoire by Jake Stratton-Kent, The Cults of the Shadow by Kenneth Grant and the newly released Grimoire of Austin Osman Spare.

#65616 - 03/21/12 04:46 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Scar13]
Grayson96 Offline
stranger

Loc: Heywood, England
Creed by James Herbert and The Dark Half by Stephen King. Just finished reading Messiah by Boris Starling which is brilliant bookM hadn't read it for a while but nice to be suprised by ending of a book you've already read.

#65640 - 03/22/12 11:34 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Melinoe Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
I used to be so much better with sticking to one book at a time and reading it through without much respite between chapters/parts, but with the onset of the school year and a heftier work schedule, the time I used to carve out for reading (in bed, right before I go to sleep) I now substitute for sleeping. D:

So, I've found myself in the middle of a few books, as it seems most of the repliers are.

I've been rereading Thus Spake Zarathustra by Nietzsche (though I feel it's mostly unnecessary to state the author in this forum);The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King; and I was working on Lost Horizon--I've never read it--for a while, but it's been so long since I began reading it I need to go back.

Aside from that it's been my bullshit biology textbook, my slightly bullshit philosophy textbook, and... well, I didn't bother renting the others.

I'm dying to get my hands on my own copy of the omnibus The Unexpected Dragon by Mary Brown. It's got to be my absolutely favorite medieval-esque fantasy adventure series, nearly alongside The Dragon Prince trilogy by Melanie Rawn. Ah. So good. :3

Melinoe

#66026 - 04/10/12 02:39 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Evocati Augusti Offline
lurker

Since the question was asked, I shall answer. Although, the books I am reading now may not have a large audience.

1.) The Islamic Threat: Myth or Reality by John L. Esposito
2.) Essays In Satanism: by James D. Sass
3.) On Killing: by LtCol Dave Grossman

Not something you would find on every coffee table, but good reads with plenty of knowledge.

#66433 - 04/27/12 06:00 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Frumious Offline

Loc: New Jersey
The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout Ph.D.

I strongly recommend this book, which I'm 66% done with at present. There's a great deal of insight to be gleaned here, both psychological and philosophical.

#66435 - 04/27/12 06:53 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Frumious]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I just finished reading Columbine by Dave Cullen. It was a really informative book covering the events leading up to, during and after 4/20/99. Definitely the most comprehensive writing to date on the event and I would recommend it to any and all who are interested.

#66437 - 04/27/12 09:10 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Autodidact Offline

Finished CAS's "The Return of The Sorceror" (finally), now concentrating on reading HPL's "Dunwich Horror and Others" (got the four book set).

Also, on and off, "Combat Leader to Corporate Leader", and EOWilson's "The Social Conquest of Earth".

Oh, and if I haven't mentioned it before, go read the Columbia Accident Investigation Board report, here: http://caib.nasa.gov/news/report/volume1/default.html

#66445 - 04/28/12 10:02 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Autodidact]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Right now:

Next up on my list is:
The Secret History of the World

#66448 - 04/28/12 03:39 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Fnord]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
The 48 Laws of Power (Robert Greene)... I read it already 1/2 year and realize it in practice... I moved from teachers work, where I was 17 years to work in serious private company and earn much much more. Robert Green was right with great satanic look on career!

Tray these laws and You'll move forward in Your career!

Small secret - I found out about this great book in the 600 club - it recommended by our community!

#68283 - 07/04/12 12:05 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Latvian]
Deep Time Offline
pledge

I'm reading three books right now.

Film- An Illustrated Historical Overview by Andrea Gronemeyer

A clearly-written book.

Understand Philosophy by Mel Thompson

It's great to have found a book that explains philosophy without over-simplifying it, like Alain De Botton’s The Consolations of Philosophy and Jostein Gaarder's Sophie's World (what's it like in Norwegian?)

Oven-ready Chaos by Phil Hine

I've read the bulk of the book but have still to read most of the appendices.

Wow. I knew almost nothing about Chaos Magic before I started and now I'm in love.

I've known for a long time that every story ever written, fiction or non-fiction, is made up of symbols that help us to understand ourselves so this book really makes sense. Especially the non-sensical parts :P .

Edited by Deep Time (07/04/12 12:08 AM)

"All the witches had to show their respect for Satan by kissing his ass."

#68290 - 07/04/12 03:13 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Deep Time]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
I reread now 'Might Is Right or The Survival of the Fittest'. Author of this book has pseudonymous Ragnar Redbeard. Brilliant book and I want to find out real name of the author. Author could be New Zealander Arthur Desmond or Jack London or maybe someone else...

'Might Is Right' is quite important book for us LHP men and women. This great book is representing the satanic qualities of humankind and satanic principles of nature. It healthy criticizes stupidity of religion and gives push to live Your life in one accord with law of jungle... I suggest this great book to everyone here, especially who are new here. You can get it in our media room!

Page 17 of 30 « First<1516171819>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.01 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.