Page 3 of 30 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#20764 - 02/19/09 12:00 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ceruleansteel]
NihilisticMystic Offline
stranger

Loc: Albuquerque New Mexico United ...
Currently I'm re-reading The Stranger by Albert Camus, because I'm writing a screenplay that's a loose retelling of it. And I've recently finished re-reading of mice and men by John Steinbeck and Notes From Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

#20770 - 02/19/09 01:59 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Draculesti]
Linaka113 Offline

Loc: East Bay 510 CA
Currently I'm reading;

High Voltage Tattoo By: Kat Von D

I'm such a big fan of hers. Her book is very beauitful.

#20776 - 02/19/09 05:42 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Draculesti]
PrinceOfBabalon Offline
stranger

Loc: London
 Quote:
FYI, Prometheus Unbound was by Shelley. You're English, too, so you should know that. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I knew that, I was just err..... testing you. \:D

Quote:
If you're using the movies as the basis for your judgement, you will be missing out on some of the greatest vampire fiction ever written, at least in the 20th century. I'm partial to The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned, and Memnoch the Devil. Honestly, you can't go wrong with these books.

I have not seen the movie of Queen of the Damned for the same reason that I have prolonged reading the sequals to Interview (the movie of which I adored). However I am now looking forward to making a start on the novels.

I finished The King in Yellow last night. Having done so it will - without a doubt - have a place among the best, and most genuinely frightening, literature I have read.

#21046 - 02/23/09 07:34 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Fabiano Offline

Originally Posted By: Zoid
 Originally Posted By: Fabiano
"The Prince" N. Machiavelli
I'll be interested in your reactions to the book.

I'll not enter an academic analysis of it; there are plenty of such analyses it in the bookstores.

It made me having a more realistic view of the games of power. It helped me to realize how our political leaders have to think.

Now, what interests me the more in this, is that I'm currently facing a grand manipulator working in my team. I don't know how, but I'm sure having read The Prince helps me in "handling/controlling" him. During a chat with my manager, I was happy to learn that he bought The Prince and plan to read it...

I'm currently reading Utopia from Thomas More, a contemporary of Machiavelli. It gives some interesting "lightening" on The Prince...
It's only a hundred pages long, I can only recommend this reading...

BTW, I followed Nem's in downloading Atlas Shrugged via torrent. I'll start it after Utopia.

Edited by Fabiano (02/23/09 07:51 AM)
Edit Reason: grammar & link to Utopia

#21055 - 02/23/09 03:14 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: NihilisticMystic]
IsacijH Offline
stranger

Loc: Umeå, Sweden
For the moment i am re-reading a wonderful book called Röde Orm (Red Serpent, or "The Longships" in its english title).

I highly recommend this book.

#21239 - 02/27/09 11:53 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: IsacijH]
Rig Offline
stranger

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
 Originally Posted By: IsacijH
For the moment i am re-reading a wonderful book called Röde Orm (Red Serpent, or "The Longships" in its english title).

That sounds interesting; I may pick up the Swedish version when I'm in Norway this summer.

I'm reading Being and Nothingness, by Jean-Paul Sartre; it's a philosophical treatise on existentialism.

#21312 - 03/01/09 01:17 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Rig]
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
Right now I am reading a text book for work. Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World. The book is over 700 pages long. I am reading it for my "Professional & Personal Growth" requirement at work. I have to turn in five reports through the next year on the five most common psychological disorders I encounter in my work. It's not a page turning burner, but very informational and educational. The book normally sells for $123 but I found it used but in new condition for $21 including shipping. I definitely scored on that one!

Roger.

#21313 - 03/01/09 01:22 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Started to reread "the compleat witch".
Ended up on pg 64, looks like I've forgotten a few things from it..

Also started reading "dreams at the witches house" of Lovecraft.

#21664 - 03/06/09 11:59 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Falhalterra37 Offline
stranger

Loc: Missouri, USA.
I am reading "Silence of the Lambs" right now and had finished the movie just tonight. I get obsessed like that.

#21725 - 03/08/09 12:29 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Falhalterra37]
Cody Offline
pledge

Nothing
#21727 - 03/08/09 01:21 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Cody]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
 Originally Posted By: Cody
Nothing

no one-liners. no single word replies.

#21775 - 03/09/09 02:36 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Bacchae]
Vampirate Offline
lurker

Loc: Tennessee
The Antichrist, A Criticism of Christianity by Friedrich Nietzsche, probably my 3rd time reading it but I become distracted quite easily.

Just finished The Dunwich Horror by H.P. Lovecraft, definitely a notable classic.

#22061 - 03/15/09 10:22 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Rasha Offline
stranger

One of the books I am reading right now is "Why we hate- Understanding, curbing, and eliminating hate in ourselves and our world" by Rush W. Dozier, JR.

I found the chapters that discuss the scientific and subconcious elements of hatred in human beings very interesting.

Edited by Rasha (03/15/09 10:31 PM)

#22068 - 03/16/09 01:58 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Rasha]
Morbid Rex Offline

I recently finished Colin Wilson's The Outsider and now I have a big selection of what to read next. I'm thinking about going the novel route next so it looks like I'll be starting The Old Man And The Sea by Hemingway.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#22072 - 03/16/09 04:27 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Morbid Rex]
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
I am rereading The Satanic Bible again and the Satanic Ritual book. To be a little covert at work I printed them off from the Media Center and put them in a 3 ring binder. TSB is 99 pages printed out and the ritual book is 129. So, when I need a break from my abnormal psychology textbook, this is a nice break and something I am actually interested in. If you haven't read these books, or cant get them due to censorship, this is a great place to get your hands on it.

Roger.

Page 3 of 30 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.