Page 7 of 30 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#25975 - 06/22/09 03:01 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Draculesti]
NDawg Offline
stranger

Loc: Da South
Currently reading "The Deer Park" by Norman Mailer, "Life, The Universe, And Everything" by Douglas Adams, and I'm thinking about rereading "On The Road" by Kerouac.

Mailer's books are kinda tough to get into, at least for me. It seems that every main character is ex army, but they're very good books for all that. Douglas Adams' work is just amazing sillyness. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a break or a good laugh.

#25991 - 06/22/09 08:10 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: NDawg]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I've been reading a lot of light hearted stuff. I recently finished 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins, and I'm now reading 'Moab is my Washpot' by Stephen Fry and 'For Crying Out Loud!' by Jeremy Clarkson. As much as I dread admitting this, I'm also starting the first of the Harry Potter books, just to see what everyone was raving about. The films where OK as far as children's fantasy goes.

#25992 - 06/22/09 08:28 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: NDawg]
RedDraco Offline
stranger

Just started reading: "On the Genealogy of Morals" by Friedrich Nietzsche. It's a tough read; no doubt I'll have to re-read it to the Nth degree until I understand it inside and out.

"The Devil's Notebook" by Anton LaVey. I always did like sardonic humor...somewhat.

Re-reading "The Satanic Rituals".

#27194 - 07/17/09 09:14 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Emily Offline
stranger

Loc: north wales, U.K
i've just finished reading two books. One called "scream for me" by keran rose (i think, somewhere along them lines) and its a sort of crime/romance book. Its really good and it hooks you into the story.

The other book that i have just finished reading was an autobiography of a professional wrestler called "stone cold steve austin" a life of a wrestler is very interesting.

Now i have just ordered a book from the libary and its come today, another autobiography but this is about Marilyn Manson. It looks good and ive been a fan of Manson for quite some time and i have no doubt that it wont be a good book.

#27209 - 07/18/09 02:25 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Emily]
hellbent666
Unregistered

Beyond Good And Evil By Nietzsche
I'm also reading a few vampire novels by RPG company White Wolf, WOD series.

Just got off a huge Satanism binge because they wouldn't allow it in while I was in prison, so I had to get it out of my system. Just finished Lucifer Rising and Gillmore's Satanic Scriptures before that. Holy Hell I hate that guy.

#27211 - 07/18/09 02:37 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Emily]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Long Hard Road out of Hell is a good book. I read it years ago when it first came out. It was so good I read it a couple more times. I have lost this book, rebought it and lost it again. Though I am still a big Manson fan I have not gone out and bought the book again. Still a good read though, gives and indepth look at the man and his madness.

#27212 - 07/18/09 02:58 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
hellbent666
Unregistered

awesome book if I do say so myself. I've had the same bad luck with TSB. Sold my last copy to a friend hoping it would make sense to him reading it the second time. LOL! Didn't work, he still thinks the devil exists especially when he's drunk.

Edited by hellbent666 (07/18/09 02:59 AM)
Edit Reason: thinks not think, stupid keyboard :(

#27217 - 07/18/09 12:24 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ]
Samuel Hain Offline
pledge

Loc: arkansas
I just started the True Blood vampire series. From what I can tell so far the books are better than the movies (Is that not always the case) The TV series added a lot of stuff that isn't in the books.My problem with books of a vampiric nature is many authors try to make them to politically correct.I would imagine if Vlad Tepes was still among us today he would hate the modern day, democratic-egalitarian age and would despise the vampires that try to fit in. By trying to be politically correct they destroy the dark mystique. One series of novels that does not do this is the Sonja Blue novels by Nancy. A. Collins. She is my favorite vampire author. I highly recommend Midnight Blue: The Sonja Blue Collection!
#27223 - 07/18/09 04:46 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Samuel Hain]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Just finished Vonnegut's God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater and Slaughterhouse-Five. Really very enjoyable books.

Up next:

Testimony: The Memoirs of Dmitri Shostakovich by Solomon Volkov (I know I had said that I had already read this, but I had to return it at the end of the school year, before I finished it. So, I went out and bought it)

Human, All Too Human by Nietzsche.

Homo Homini Lupus

#27226 - 07/18/09 04:55 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Draculesti]
Morbid Rex Offline

Finished For Whom The Bell Tolls.

Currently reading The Third Chimpanzee, and been having my heart set on picking up a copy of Les Chants De Maldoror when I get the chance.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#27372 - 07/22/09 05:06 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
I'm currently reading 'The End of Faith' by Harris. I like it so far, but I am not a fan of his "humanism" if you will. 'God is Not Great' was just that in my opinion. I love his ability to balance (all due)disrespect toward religion without being obnoxious. In 'River Out of Eden' Dawkins gives great scientific evidence toward the contrary of religious ideas, so that was a fun read too. I strongly suggest to those who have not yet given them the time.

#27552 - 07/26/09 11:50 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
synthysys Offline
lurker

Just finished reading The Humanist Manifesto by Corliss, and am planning on re-reading Gnosticism: New Light on the Ancient Tradition of Inner Knowing (I may have butchered the title, since it is from memory).
#35261 - 02/08/10 02:25 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: synthysys]
Cesare Borgia Offline
stranger

Loc: Madrid, Spain
In the present I´m engaged in reading all novels writen by Michel Houellebecq.

The man has such a sincerity that has caused many debates in France.

He has made the best portrait of contemporary human behavior and dehumanized political and economical present system.

Novels:

-Extension of the Battlefield

-Elementary Particles(his greatest success)

-Platform

-The possibility of an island

Edited by Cesare Borgia (02/08/10 02:34 PM)

#35262 - 02/08/10 02:32 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Cesare Borgia]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Got a copy of the "Naked Ape," last week and working my way through it.

I absolutely love Amazon's used book sellers option by the way. I rather get a hard copy for half the price of a brand new paperback any day. Easier to read the larger print.

#35266 - 02/08/10 04:28 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Asmedious]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
The catcher in the rye.

Saw it in the shop and just though “why the fuck not”. 18 pages in, and Im still undecided.

Page 7 of 30 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.