Page 8 of 30 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#35474 - 02/11/10 09:52 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Saanu Aino Offline
lurker

Loc: Flint, MI.
Greetings,
Dont know if anyone is aware yet for great esoteric books and such try http://www.esotericarchives.com

Ave Satanas!!!!!!

#35475 - 02/11/10 10:12 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Right now:
  • Under the Dome - Stephen King
  • Chariots of the Gods - Erich Von Daniken
  • Temple of Set - Michael Aquino

Have ordered and waiting to start:
  • The Hidden Dimension - Edward Hall
  • Cycles of Heaven - Guy Playfair
  • Her-Bak Egyptian Initiate - Isha Schwaller de Lubicz

For some reason I can't discipline myself to stay on one book and finish it. I'm good with a group though.

#35478 - 02/11/10 11:03 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Fnord]
JWG Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Room 101
The catcher in the rye.

Saw it in the shop and just though why the fuck not. 18 pages in, and Im still undecided.

Yes, I am currently reading this book as well. Not bad, but I may put it to the way-side for now, to be replaced by a few books that have caught my interest as of late. Right now, I'm waiting on reading Mastery by George Leonard which I heard good things about thus far. It's on hold for the next available copy at the local library.

Originally Posted By: Fnord
Have ordered and waiting to start:
  • The Hidden Dimension - Edward Hall
  • Cycles of Heaven - Guy Playfair
  • Her-Bak Egyptian Initiate - Isha Schwaller de Lubicz

For some reason I can't discipline myself to stay on one book and finish it. I'm good with a group though.

Yes! I plan on finding a copy of Her-Bak. From what I understand, Isha Schwaller has some interesting insights on the more esoteric and exoteric aspects of ancient Egypt and their Temple Initiation [personal insight, not objective of course]. Certainly a book up my ally. Although perhaps someone can assist in lifting a bit of my ignorance on this matter. I've seen two volumes for Her-Bak, will I need to buy both volumes or is volume II just a latter revision to the first volume?

#35497 - 02/11/10 10:53 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
Simon Jester Offline
stranger

AMSG by V. Scavr. This is styled as a Satanic Manifesto of sorts. I purchased this treasure on the promise of its introduction...and it is everything that I had hoped.

Scavr is delightfully winsome. Maybe others here will appreciate the unintentional comedy of his(?) work. This book is a torturous monologue of broken english, and gibberish from start to finish.

"Here I share my tribute to Master Satan, affirm dignity of Demonic Spirit, manifest destruction of human nature and extermination of all divine. I give it like my legacy and share my knowledge and experience with those equal to me, with those accepted and affined by Hell like sons and daughters. All my writings are based on years of profound and hard ritual practice during years of struggle for strengthening of Demonic values in place where I found myself able to break resistance of created cosmic order. Deep personal experience, trials shared with my Brothers in Evil, and achievements gotten by our blood are on the basis I stand in the name of Hell and give my contribution into primordial Deed of actualization of essence of Satan on the earth."

#35501 - 02/12/10 12:28 AM Symbolique [Re: JWG]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: JWG
I've seen two volumes for Her-Bak, will I need to buy both volumes or is volume II just a latter revision to the first volume?

H-B is a 2-volume set: H-B: The Living Face of Ancient Egypt followed by H-B: Egyptian Initiate. Author Isha is the wife of Rene SdL, and her books do an excellent job of "novelizing" her husband's work, which can be pretty complex and somewhat MEGO. His interpretation of Egyptian metaphysics has been strongly influential in the Temple of Set since its 1975 founding.

John Anthony West is another author who has endeavored, also commendably, to make RSdL's work a bit more intelligible to modern readers; his Serpent in the Sky is a very readable survey.

If you want to tackle Rene himself, I'd recommend his Sacred Science as a good starting point. It gets heavier from there, all the way up to his definitive work, The Temple of Man.

Enjoy!

#35575 - 02/12/10 08:37 PM Re: Symbolique [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
JWG Offline
pledge

Dr. Michael Aquino,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and expand far beyond it. I'll save these suggestions and am grateful for them.

The concept of the Serpent seems universal in many cultures. In my own state, I just recently found out about what is known as the Serpent Mound. Definitely going to visit it before I head off for the military. Such a treasure of mystery in my own backyard, makes me want to smack my self on the head that it took me this long to be informed about it!

Source Link #1
 Quote:
Atop a plateau overlooking the Brush Creek Valley, Serpent Mound is the largest and finest serpent effigy in the United States. Nearly a quarter of a mile long, Serpent Mound apparently represents an uncoiling serpent...The head of the serpent is aligned to the summer solstice sunset and the coils also may point to the winter solstice sunrise and the equinox sunrise.

Source Link #2
 Quote:
The Serpent Mound may have been designed in accord with the pattern of stars composing the constellation Draco (dragon). The star pattern of the constellation Draco fits with fair precision to the Serpent Mound. The fact that the body of Serpent Mound follows the pattern of Draco may support various theses. Putnam's 1865 refurbishment of the earthwork could have been correctly accomplished in that a comparison of Romain's or Fletcher and Cameron's maps from the 1980s show how the margins of the Serpent align with great accuracy to a large portion of Draconis. Some researchers date the earthwork to around 5,000 years ago, based on the position of the constellation Draco, through the backward motion of precessionary circle of the ecliptic when the star Thuban, also known as Alpha Draconis, was the Pole Star. Alignment of the effigy to the Pole Star at that position also shows how true north may have been found. This was not known until 1987 because lodestone and modern compasses give incorrect readings at the site.

Quote:
The mound is located on a plateau with a unique cryptoexplosion structure that contains faulted and folded bedrock, usually produced either by a meteorite or a volcanic explosion.

\:o Got to love this stuff, at least I do.

#35801 - 02/19/10 06:00 AM Re: Symbolique [Re: JWG]
Fredenburgian Offline
stranger

Loc: Norway
Currently reading Adskillelsens Politikk, don`t really now how to translate it right, something like Seperation Politics or something. It`s basically about several different smaller topics connected to some incidents in Copenhagen and Oslo out from what I have seen so far.
Title roughly translates as "The Policy of Separation". It's a book about accepting others' belief systems. Never mind me... ;\)

Edited by MawhrinSkel (02/19/10 08:15 AM)
Edit Reason: Clarification...

#36249 - 03/12/10 06:07 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Zoid]
GiantRubberDuck Offline
lurker

Loc: Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands
I am currently working through some Dutch medieval literature for a school project. It's quite interesting, so I might be reading some more, if I find the time for it.
#36252 - 03/12/10 08:54 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: GiantRubberDuck]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

Loc: Brunswick, Melbourne, Victoria...
I'm currently reading Robert Greene's The 48 Laws Of Power. It's a facinating book and I'm learning a lot by reading it.

#36259 - 03/12/10 12:29 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: PeteOfTheDead]
Adversary Offline
pledge

Richard Dawkins Greatest Show on Earth. Very informative and, of course, well written. One piece in particular is the story of a russian man breeding foxes for their fur and getting some surprise side effect mutations. I will post the actual account a bit later as the book is in the car and I aint going outside right now. Another great book is christopher Hitchens The Portable Atheist; excellent compilation.
#36297 - 03/13/10 03:11 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Adversary]
reverand Offline
stranger

Loc: London, Ontario Canada
the Satanic Scriptures by Gilmore
must say pretty disappointing but at least i found a free pdf

#36306 - 03/13/10 08:34 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: reverand]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
"The Little Stranger" by Sarah Waters. It's a ghost story which also engages a fascinating insight into the English class system of the 1940's. Waters is perhaps best known for her Edwardian lesbian novel, "Tipping the Velvet" but she also wrote "Affinity", a story of mediumship and betrayal set in a women's prison and the seance rooms of the 1900's. This is one of the finest and most frightening works of fiction I have ever read - and I've read a lot. ;\)
Waters really knows how to build tension, slowly and subtly and her research into occultism, politics and history is impeccable.

#37362 - 04/04/10 02:53 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: felixgarnet]
Fabiano Offline

"La Rvole d'Atlas", french traslation of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand; translated by Monique di Pieirro, Editions du Travailleur.

I'm not yet at the end, but in the middle of part 3 I can say it's indeed one of the best book I ever read.

It brought old souvenirs to my mind. I had the impression to rediscover the vision of world as I had when I was a young teen; before I digged it because the world told me it was evil...

Wonderfull !

#37399 - 04/05/10 08:25 PM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: Fabiano]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I have been reading a lot of Australian political history lately.

I have read David Days biographies on John Curtin and Ben Chifley. I had read the Curtin book before, but really wanted to read it again and in conjunction with the book on Chifley. Day is an excellent writer and he has a book out at the moment on Andrew Fisher, which I bet is pretty good as well.

I have also read a book by the man Alan Reid on the fall of John Gorton called The Gorton Experiment, which was published in the early 1970s and has been out of print for a few years now. Reid does not really need much of an introduction if you are aware of Australian political history. Reid was the most influential of the federal political media commentators and he reported Australian politics for nearly 50 years and had an impact on the outcome of a number of federal elections.

I have just started Recollections of a Bleeding Heart by Don Watson, which is an excellent account of the Labor government of Paul Keating during the early 1990s.

I have also lined up Paul Kellys The End of Certainty for a re read. This is one of the most significant books ever written about Australian politics and covers the 1980s Hawke Labor government and the undoing of the Australian settlement put in place by Barton, Deakin, the early Australian Labor Party and Justice Higgins etc. during the first decade of federation.

Also have a biography of Doc Evatt to read, along with a classic by Jack Lang on The Great Depression, which will be a great read. I also have a book on Joe Lyons and Australian defence and re armament policy during the mid to late 1930s.

By the way Paul Kelly has a new book out on the Keating and Howard governments of the 1990s and 2000s called The March of Patriots, which looks good. Also Laurie Oakes has a book out as well.

I have set myself to order a couple of books off the TOS reading list soon and want to get started on my studies so politics and everything else will have to wait for a while.

#37593 - 04/14/10 07:41 AM Re: What are you reading right now? [Re: ]
TheInsane Offline

I have been reading this nice little book on Nietzsche called "the key concepts". I am very familiar with Nietzsche from earlier. I have both read some of his work (maybe 5 books or so) as well as having taken a University class on his philosophy. This small book describes some key concepts (no shit!) in his philosophy. Its not a huge book by any means and each section gets at most about 5-6 pages but I really enjoy it. Its simple and you dont have to read it cover to cover but its like a small encyclopedia. It made me want to pick up Nietzsches books again and read the original source.

Today Im looking to buy something by Julius Evola. Possibly "men among the ruins" as it was being mentioned in a thread in the forum for political debate. I was inspired. I do have the book in a pdf-version but find that I never get around to actually read pdf's if I can get my hands on an actual physical copy.

Page 8 of 30 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.