Page 1 of 13 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#37973 - 04/21/10 07:43 PM what kind of music are you into ?
Mardi Gras Offline
stranger

Loc: Louisiana
got an ipod? a c.d. collection? records? I would find it interesting to hear what kind of interesting music some of you are into, it might make my library a bit larger...

the "better half" of my music collection (artists):

Alien Vampires
American Werewolves
And One
Angerfist
Angry Aryans
Balzac
Bella Morte
Blitzkid
Bloodjunkies
Bloodsucking Zombies from Outer Space
Blutengel
Bound For Glory
Bourbon Crow
Boyd Rice
Calabrese
Cancer, Dinah And The Graverobbers
Cancerslug
Combichrist
Corporate Avenger
The Cowsills
The Cramps
The Creepshow
Crematory
The Crimson Ghosts
The Cryptkeeper Five
Cubanate
Da Yoopers
Dark Funeral
Deathstars
The Deep Ende
Depeche Mode
Devil's Whorehouse
Die Monster Die
Dimmu Borgir
Dj Adolf
Doom Tree
Dr. Chud`s X-Ward
Dropkick Murphys
Dulce Liquido
The Electric Hellfire Club
Feindflug
Flogging Molly
Forbidden Dimension
Frankenstein
Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13
Funker Vogt
German Military Marches
Ghoul Squad
Ghoultown
The Graveyard Boulevard
Great Big Sea
The Green Goblyn Project
Grendel
Gunfire 76
Gutter Demons
HorrorPops
Iggy Pop
The Independents
Jack Off Jill
Johnny Cash
Kiew
The Killcreeps
Kiss
Koffin Kats
Laibach
Limbonic Art
Lonely Hero
Mad Sin
Maniac Spider Trash
Marilyn Manson
Memphis Murder Men
Mindless Self Indulgence
Ministry
Mister Monster
The Monsters
Moonspell
Morbid Angel
Murderdolls
Mushroomhead
The Necromancer
Nekromantix
Nim Vind
Noctunes
Oomph!
The Other
Panzer AG
Penis Flytrap
Phantom Rockers
Pitch Black
Plan 9
The Pogues
Pop Will Eat Itself
Radio Werewolf
Rammstein
Rezurex
Ripsnorter
Rob Zombie
Rock City Morgue
The Rosedales
Rotersand
Scarecrow
Schoolyard Heroes
Screwdriver
Shadow Reichenstein
Sielwolf
Slayer
Sleep Chamber
The Spook
Suicide Commando
Super Troopers
Supreme Court
Swans
The Undead
Venom
Vigilante
Vladimirs
Voltaire
Voodoo Zombie
Wednesday 13
White Zombie
Wolfe Tones
Wolven Ancestry
The Young Werewolves
Zombie Ghost Train
Zombie Girl
The 69 Eyes
6th Gate

#37975 - 04/21/10 08:15 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
Doomsage680 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Well this seems to be a pretty good list of metal bands as well as some other stuff. I personally like Killswitch Engage, In Flames, As I Lay Dying, and of course Avenged Sevenfold. If you're interested in instrumental music, Blue Sky Black Death is a production duo in LA that has forged a genre of music somewhere between hip hop, classical, and believe me when you hear it you'll understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ww8LoTLp0&feature=related

Other than those bands, 30 Seconds to Mars, and Flyleaf, and maybe DevilDriver and Underoath. Otherwise I listen to rap and Linkin Park, maybe Rage Against The Machine.

#37988 - 04/22/10 01:44 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Doomsage680]
Mardi Gras Offline
stranger

Loc: Louisiana
well I'm not into very much metal, there's a few metal bands I'm into, which I've included in my list, my favorite being Dark funeral. I'm a punk-rocker so in general I like anything spooky and punky as fuck, mainly horrorunk. My favorite punkrocker is a guy who goes by the name of wednesday 13. this guy I find to be a true genius. he knows how to reach multiple different crowds to boost his record sales. For instance he's known to be a horrorunk artist, but he's also experimented with metal, glam, goth, and just recently even country music. Wednesday is a grade A artist in my book.

#37998 - 04/22/10 07:44 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
TheInsane Offline

I have a wide taste in music but the base was pretty much always metal. Some of my favorite artists are given below:

[Metal] - Megadeth, Mastodon, Anaal Nathrakh, Morbid Angel, Machine Head etc.

[Rock] - Muse, Guns N Roses, Alice in Chains, Rush etc.

[Folk/neofolk etc] - Clannad, Triarii, Rome etc.

[Country] - Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash etc.

[Jazz/fusion] - Miles Davis, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Weather report, Esbjörn svensson trio (E.S.T.) etc.

[Scores] - I love alot of the Danny Elfman and Hans Zimmer scores. The score from "the fountain" may be my favorite though but I cant remember who wrote it at the top of my head.

[Pop] - The Beatles, Amy MacDonald etc.

I did just start to get into opera and I do love "die zaubtflöte" (one of the all time classics of course) and I also started to explore electronical music. It has so many subgenres but I believe its some kind of trance music that appeals to me the most.

#37999 - 04/22/10 07:57 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: TheInsane]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

My taste in music is pretty eclectic. I tend to stick to rock/metal. Though I do like some alternative, rap and blues.

Some examples:
Linkin Park
Tool
Megadeth
Slipknot
Stone Sour
The Donnas
Hinder
30 Seconds to Mars
Metallica
Ozzy
Cyprus Hill
Shinedown
Godsmack
Three Days Grace
Nightwish

#38000 - 04/22/10 08:42 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Shadow Dragon]
Anne Offline
stranger

Loc: Denmark
Woha long list Mardi Gras x)

I listen to very few bands, and the reason for that is that when I first hear a band, and like em, I stick to it and can't really bother to search for other music, unless I stumble across some music that I might enjoy.. But heres my list..

In Flames (All time favorit)
System Of A Down (First band I fell in love with)
30 Seconds to Mars (However not their new album)
Flyleaf
Bullet For My Valentine
Serj Tankians Elect the Dead
Scars on Broadway
Raunchy
Kamelot
All That Remains

#38242 - 05/03/10 04:50 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
I have well over 10,000 songs in my library, so I'm just going to suggest a few bands to you based on what I see on your list.

The Blackshirts
The Tossers
The Business
Day of the Sword (particularly, "blood stained emerald")
Crass
The Buzzcocks
Crystal Method
Exploited
GG Allin
Megaherz (suggested to me but admittedly untested as of yet)
Redneck Girlfriend (I have no idea if they are available to the masses, sorry)

anything by any band that Chris Jones has ever been in.

Bon Appetit

#38250 - 05/03/10 05:44 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Wijesin Offline
stranger

Nice to see what all of you are into.

I'll just give you a sample of what shakes my headset these days. Being from that neck of the woods, I'm prone to listen to Norwegian black metal such as Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Immortal, and to a lesser degree Enslaved. Lately, I've also had a taste of Windir. Worthy Swedish bands are, among others, In Flames and Dissection. Ah, how I do love the hoarse harmonics of Maha-Kali from Reinkaos.

Cradle of Filth, At the Gates, Children of Bodom, Stormlord has also gotten alot of space on playlists lately. Among the classic, I would list Metallica, Slayer and Iron Maiden. Although I don't listen to them all that much these days, they sure as hell had their influence on me. System of a Down is one the more genuinely innovative bands, but again they have been replaced in the harsh competition on my playlist.

I could go on for awhile with the metal, but I probably should mention some of the things I like from other genres. Queen and Depeche Mode are sort of cornerstones of my music taste. I listened a lot to these as a teenager, along with a surprising amount of classical music. When I listen to non-metal today it is likely to include Depeche Mode, Madrugada, Yello, and Muse.

#38251 - 05/03/10 06:03 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Wijesin]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
To be clear, my first love is classical music. However, I am by no stretch of the imagination stuck to any particular genre. My speakers go where my mood takes them and that mood can span all genres and almost any language. All the bands I suggested to the OP are from my own library or memory just based on his list of preferences (he did note that he was interested in expanding his own library).

I have to admit, I was a little surprised that there were not more bands in this thread that were unknown to me. I'm not exactly a follower of what is popular or a slave to any particular stereotype/mindset.

#38252 - 05/03/10 06:40 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Wijesin Offline
stranger

When it comes to classical music and opera, I'm listen to Wagner, Beethoven, Bach and Mozart. In my teens, Wagner got the most play-time. I still like it pompous, it seems :). Just now I had a touch of Borodin put in between Madrugada and Yello.

#38254 - 05/03/10 08:01 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Wijesin]
Vik Offline
stranger

Metal, Salsa, merengue, electronic, post,
#38277 - 05/04/10 09:38 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Jake999 Offline

Maw:

Check your email for a copy of Mr. Bojangles from an honors award that the did for Sammy Davis Jr. just before his death. It's a little darker than most versions of the song, where he talks about his feelings about the song itself. In most of his shows, he always spoke well of the song, but this shows his anxieties over it.

#38280 - 05/04/10 12:43 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I like music that, by my standards, does not suck. I listen to mostly punk and metal but I have been known to stray out of my comfort zone and enjoy other genres as well. Really it would be easier for me to say what I don't like: "gangsta" rap, country (excepting the Man in Black), pop (excepting Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and P!nk), and any music that sings the praise of Jebus.

#38282 - 05/04/10 12:56 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Like you, I'm quite eclectic in my musical tastes.

This may get me banned, but I can't stand metal bands whose singers sound like cookie monster. Beyond that, I like tons of different stuff.

I like big jazz era bands, Cab Calloway & the like.

I like crooners a lot, have a ton of Dean Martin & Sinatra.

I like Polynesian Pop\50's & 60's tropical\exotica like Martin Denny + Les Baxter + Arthur Lyman

I like new-ish Halloween themed swing like the Moon Rays (Swingin' at the Seance) old surf type music, etc

There is a lot of Country I like but most of it is old like Hank Williams Sr, Waylon Jennings, Roger Miller etc

I LOVE the Squirrel Nut Zippers.

I like metal.. Metallica is one of my favorite bands. I also love 80's style metal like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and the like.

Right now I like the fusion of metal & opera like the first Nightwish album and these guys:

Diablo Swing Orchestra.

That's it, too much to list really.

#38283 - 05/04/10 01:00 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Fnord]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Your musical taste would hardly cause you to be banned from this site; although I'm sure that you know that.

I love "Hair Metal" from the 80's, but in no way would that make me a Satanist, or anything else. We just like different kind of noise. I can't stand Jazz, even though my father was a big fan, and tried to explain the intracacies (sp?) of the thing, it still sounds like crap to me. I do like some of the "blues" though. It's just a matter of individual taste.

Page 1 of 13 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.