Page 6 of 13 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#47982 - 02/03/11 03:59 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
Mitch Koch Offline
stranger

Loc: TN
Ahhh...music...one of my favorite subjects. I admire you for being able to organize your tastes into an alphabetized post. I am much too scattered in thought to remember even half of what I love to listen to. I'd be better off trying list genres I am passionate about and then see if I can remember some of my top favorite artists within each.

First off I have to say Rush is my favorite “modern” band, and by modern I mean since the infiltration by the pop culture medium on the human psyche. To me they are their own genre and each individual band member holds an enormous technical influence over me. I play drums bass, guitar and a bit of keys but bass is my true passion. Geddy Lee is the school in which I continue to respectfully study for bass chops. I discovered Rush even before Satanism as a youngster, and to me Neil Peart’s lyrics reflect much of what I consider to be the Ayn Rand-influenced side of LaVey’s writings. Also – the guys in the band admittedly (obviously) challenge each other whenever they write new material in order to stay on top of their game. This is something that dusty old prog-rockers of the same era weren’t consistent in. (Would Rush ever write something equivalent to “Owner of a Lonely Heart”? Even for money?)

Hmmm, now to genres…
• Dark Ambient (really enjoying Lycia all over again, these days)
• Goth (Death Rock, Post Punk, Neoclassical, Neofolk – Christian Death to Death in June kinda stuff)
• Traditional Country (the fun, rebellious stuff from the hills…not Nashville)
• Appalachian Bluegrass (again, clearly NOT Nashville)
• Glam Rock (NY Dolls, Sweet, Bowie, Wizzard etc, – NOT Poison)
• Metal (mostly 80’s “shock” or “horror” Metal –Kind Diamond was a favorite of mine as a lad, along with his Glam Rock predecessor, Alice Cooper)
• Classical (piano concertos by the truckload)
• Tribal Percussion

That’s a good start, I suppose!

#50073 - 02/28/11 01:28 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Asmedious]
Hegesias Offline

Maria Callas (classical)
Alfred Schnittke (classical)
Darkspace (black ambient)
Forgotten Woods (minimalist black metal)
Menace Ruine (dark ambient/ folk)
Sewer Goddess (dark ambient/ industrial)
Hammemit/ Emit (dark ambient/ black metal/ noise)
Abruptum (dark ambient/ black metal/ noise)
Thorns (black metal)
Burzum (ambient/ metal)
Darvulia (minimalist black metal)
TYMAH (minimalist black metal)
Reverorum ib Malacht (ritual dark ambient)
Enemite (ritual dark ambient)

Some others.

#50351 - 03/02/11 06:04 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Asmedious]
humanAreSlime Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio
I'm into it all, mostly death metal, I mean really fucking heavy shit, and hardcore punk, classic rock, ambient, experimental. Et cetera.
System of a Down, greatest band in existence.

#50360 - 03/02/11 07:55 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
rites Offline
stranger

There are five cases on my shelf that I can see:

Vancouver - Complication
Trojan Mod Reggae Box Set
Bad Religion - No Substance
Best of The Irish Descendants - Vol. 2
Northern Aggression - Project Boneyard Vol. 2

#50373 - 03/02/11 11:17 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: rites]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
In the standpoint of music prior to looking on the Self in reflection of space, space cannot be contrasted to the Self and posited prior to the Self in relation to music. Let me give an example: As I sit, I think of where I sit as the "here." From this "here", space expands infinitely in all directions. By the mere fact of my sitting, space which extends infinitely in all directions comes to be as such. Neither is it the case that music comes to be created by my sitting as if this were somehow prior to infinite space.

There is no question of one being prior and the other being subsequent. (cause and effect) Infinite space unfolds simply as space. Music and as I sit are not two different things. We are not the same and yet are not seperate. Therefore, what we call music does not denote the space that is put forth by my sitting within. The infinite space that spreads out in all directions as I sit is the "here" of music.

In other words, from the standpoint of music; there is no space without my sitting (a "here").

\:\)

#50602 - 03/08/11 05:35 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
Think Offline
lurker

Put Simply;
Metal and Classical

#50762 - 03/10/11 01:10 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: rites]
Ithaqua Offline
stranger

I really love Satanic metal. I have enjoyed Mercyful Fate and King Diamond for years. I also like Alice Cooper and Danzig and Misfits. I enjoy some Elvis too, especially from the '68 Comeback tour, Guitar Man and EVIL especially. I recently started enjoying music from Black Widow, especially Come to the Sabbat! I like System of a Down too. It took me a long time, but I am going to buy some Marilyn Manson for the trip back from the west coast. I'll have to pick up some Rob Zombie too. For whatever reason, I don't have any Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie material as of present. Even though both would be great for a long drive.

#50763 - 03/10/11 01:34 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Ithaqua]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'm probably the strange duck here but even when I enjoyed about all kinds of music in the past, more and more I start to enjoy one thing most: silence.

D.

#50767 - 03/10/11 05:07 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Diavolo]
RavenOfMorrigan Offline
stranger

I'm going to be generic and state that I like black metal, death metal, and thrash metal, but one of my loves is German industrial. Industrial and aggrotech get an angry, pulsing, insane beat no other genre can achieve for me \:\)

Edited by RavenOfMorrigan (03/10/11 05:07 PM)

#50790 - 03/11/11 01:39 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Diavolo]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
I'm probably the strange duck here but even when I enjoyed about all kinds of music in the past, more and more I start to enjoy one thing most: silence.

My house is split about equally between two dominant acoustic states; vibrating with music, or silence. Last night I was listening at intervals to “Dark Age of Reason” by the Scandinavian “neoclassical” group Arcana.

In the car it’s either news radio or CDs. On the way home earlier tonight it was “May All be Dead” by BDN. Both are part of a recently arrived order of new music from Cyclic Law -- the label and online catalog I referred to recently in another thread.

#51678 - 03/24/11 12:20 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
Ex_Insula_Angelorum Offline
stranger

Loc: Mexico
I listen to almost every kind of music: ambient, blues, tango, classical, rock, electronic, soul, reggae, punk, indie rock, lounge, jazz, hip-hop, rap, Mexican folk music (except northern crap), psychobilly, rockabilly, heavy metal, batcave and deathrock, etc. My collection is not very big, I only have 200gb of music, that covers only the "basic" stuff of each genre, I'm not a connoisseur.

My favorite genre changes every couple of months I get bored very easily, right now I'm into Japanese electronic music, specially videogame soundtracks, I highly recommend the soundtracks of Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, Mushihimesama Futari and Death Smiles , just in case anyone cares.

#51679 - 03/24/11 01:02 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Ex_Insula_Angelorum]
Oxus Offline

Mostly into myself these days . . . www.tarkhem.com Kinda NIN meets Persia

Edited by Oxus (03/24/11 01:04 AM)

#51681 - 03/24/11 01:35 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Diavolo]
Hegesias Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo

D.
There is no silence in the abyss.

I listen to few cd's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfBVYhyXU8o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=286HPPicfUE&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ-mWZnaub0&feature=related

#51891 - 03/29/11 07:07 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Hegesias]
SPEEDEMON Offline
stranger

I'll just list a few.....

Marylin Manson
Nine Inch Nails
Rammstein
Megaherz
Eisenherz
Unheilig
White Zombie
Bullet for my Valentine
Avenged Sevenfold
Sevendust
Slayer
Danzig
Korn
P.O.D.
Exies
Breaking Benjamin
Audioslave
Shuvel
Smashing Pumpkins
Tool
Jack off Jill
Scarling
Otep
Godhead
Klank
Pantera
Hanzel und Gretyl
Finger Eleven
Skrew
Filter
Machinehead
Down
Crowbar

ect... too many to list and 90% you'd never know by looking at me that I listen to them.

Edited by SPEEDEMON (03/29/11 07:10 AM)

#53595 - 04/28/11 08:44 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Asmedious]
Lil Rag Offline
Banned
stranger

well i think, in:

Rap Metal: Limp Bizkit, Holywood Undead, Cypress Hill
Industrial Metal: Marilyn Manson
Rock: Linkin Park, Greenday
Heavy Metal: Powerman 5000, Rob Zombie, God Smack, Nin Inch Nails

in Hip Hop: i dont think i like anyone! sometimes i listen to it!

Page 6 of 13 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.