Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6202 - 03/22/08 02:54 PM Noted novelist Arthur Lyons dies
Amina Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Quote:
Arthur Lyons, a man as colorful as the characters in his film noir books and films, died early Friday at Desert Regional Medical Center at age 62. [...] He also wrote nonfiction books on the prevalence of Satanism in America, including "The Second Coming: Satanism in America" and "Satan Wants You: The Cult of Devil Worship in America," which debunked claims about conspiracies.

Read more at http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080322/NEWS01/803220316

Arthur Lyons wrote his books on Satanism in the early 70'ties. Arthur Lyons was not a sociologist of religion, but because of the few serious investigations of Satanism his books on the topic where some of the few sources on Satanism written by others then insane Christians.

I actually started reading "The Second Coming: Satanism in America" last week in connection with an assignment I'm writing, but I have not read enough to know what I think about the book. Maybe someone else has read it and has an opinion they would like to share?

- Amina

#6688 - 03/30/08 01:11 AM Re: Noted novelist Arthur Lyons dies [Re: Amina]
It'sJustMe Offline
stranger

That is unfortunate that Reverend Lyons has died. He was one of the first members of the Church of Satan to present Satanism to the masses, an accomplishment that will live on in the brains and sinews of all that he has affected.

Hail Arthur Lyons!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.