Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#59051 - 09/11/11 11:02 PM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: Kyleshell]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

This is an interesting question: the shortest path to power.

Acquiring and holding onto power seems to involve taking more or less calculated risks and then imposing order on the resulting “chaos.”

Education and being given progressively more responsible roles is useful, and sure it can take time to get a hold of some authority.

It helps if you can figure out what you’re good at and what is your passion and then strive to succeed in that area because the motivation/sustaining interest to drive hard and charge is already there.

You need to create the perception that you are naturally a part of the group that rules the roost, because there are always two basic classes: those who have the power by providing the rules and ultimately taking responsibility and those who just follow the rules and are lost without them.

Again, how much “chaos” can you handle, how much order can you impose and how many others can you make believe in your order, in your right to put an end to the “chaos?”

Basically you need to be intelligent or at least seem like you are. Wear a mask or disguise yourself if you need to, so nobody can quite figure your next move, your next persona, your next alliance, where you other hand is going.

Carefully build alliances with people who matter and who you can see are intelligent and influential.

You need energy – tireless energy and you need to dedicate it all too acquiring power, by succeeding at what you are trying to do. Power, in this sense, is the icing on the cake, an effect of the other work you do.

Never drop your guard when you are in contact with an intelligent person, who is seeking power like yourself. In fact, never drop your guard when in the presence of any intelligent person unless they are family and very trusted friends.

Be icy cold and calculating if required. Be who they need you to be whenever they need you to be it.

Find a mentor if required. Do not destroy the system or threaten to destroy the system unless you actually can, that is the fools way.

Become a master of the system and work your way up by pointing out how those above you are not following the system, or have lost their touch, or by showing you can do it better or use the system better.

Work your way up the chain and then change the system in small ways until it has been entirely made over in your image, if you can.

Read Pedlar of Death: the Life of Sir Basil Zaharoff if you can find a copy.

#59076 - 09/13/11 12:31 AM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: ]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
 Originally Posted By: MatthewJ1
Become a master of the system and work your way up by pointing out how those above you are not following the system, or have lost their touch, or by showing you can do it better or use the system better.
Good and practical advice, but it's important that no one who is in the system knows about the real aim, because, if the real intentions will be discovered pre-timely, than the person, who wish be the master could be kicked out and even lost his/her precious reputation.

In the long (not always the shortest) way to power we have to conceal our intentions, we have to keep people in the dark and off-balance by never revealing purpose behind our actions. If system keepers have no clue what we’re up to, they cannot prepare a defense.

#59685 - 10/01/11 09:22 PM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: Morgan]
s-roc Offline
Banned--idiot
lurker

I'm new to this but I think u have a good point about what u said to him, but I want to know do u think its bad to want power with out much work.
#59688 - 10/01/11 10:07 PM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: s-roc]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
s-roc, please post a proper introduction and do not use text speak here. This forum offers clear guidelines on what is acceptable behaviour.

#60453 - 10/26/11 03:51 AM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: felixgarnet]
halfchaos Offline
temp ban
pledge

Loc: ^NY
You want power, they want power ... power is like water, everybody wants it but nobody knows how to get it unless it comes from a faucet. So all they have to do is turn the knob and 'woosh' out comes the water.

The easiest way to power is also the fastest, but that path lacks experience. If you aren't careful with that then you will be swallowed by those who carry both power and experience ...

A bull does not symbolize power, the matador leading him along does. If you don't want a huge commitment then I really don't know how you are going to find "power". Maybe you should wash people's clothes for a living, that doesn't require much of an investment of time or money.

Power ... HAHAHA

#60454 - 10/26/11 05:06 AM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: halfchaos]
SatansPath666 Offline
stranger

Power is what I seek. Mental and physical power. Personally the path to these goals is easy to follow.

Mental power/prowess - education.
Physical power - training.

There is a lot of hard work involved, and IMO power without the effort is false and temporary. Power over oneself is the strongest and most enduring of all power. Everything else follows.

It's a pain in the ass, but that's why I'm up at 4:30 reading the boards, and then off to the gym for 5 am... to achieve my goals I have to put in the effort, no one is going to do it for me.

Magickal practices are something that can be developed best through education. Education on the methods, history and psychology of the various magicks. For me some forms of Chaos Magick have been useful. Sigils especially. It's one of the 'rituals' I perform on a regular basis, and helps me focus myself and keep on this path I've chosen. But without the other aspects to my training it wouldn't have much purpose.

#60455 - 10/26/11 06:22 AM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: Latvian]
SatansPath666 Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Latvian
[quote=MatthewJ1]...
In the long (not always the shortest) way to power we have to conceal our intentions, we have to keep people in the dark and off-balance by never revealing purpose behind our actions. If system keepers have no clue what we’re up to, they cannot prepare a defense.

An almost-analogy would be a game of poker. There's much more to it than simply the cards you hold. A person with a solid hand can very well lose and someone with crap for cards - if they play them right - can come out on top.

A combination of the right cards + a well played game is almost unbeatable.

Never show your hand, do not shy away from subterfuge, and in the same vein if you know your chances of success at the given goal are slim, adjust accordingly or risk losing it all.

#60456 - 10/26/11 06:50 AM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: halfchaos]
SatansPath666 Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: halfchaos
You want power, they want power ... power is like water, everybody wants it but nobody knows how to get it unless it comes from a faucet. So all they have to do is turn the knob and 'woosh' out comes the water.

The easiest way to power is also the fastest, but that path lacks experience. If you aren't careful with that then you will be swallowed by those who carry both power and experience ...

A bull does not symbolize power, the matador leading him along does. If you don't want a huge commitment then I really don't know how you are going to find "power". Maybe you should wash people's clothes for a living, that doesn't require much of an investment of time or money.

Power ... HAHAHA

I have to disagree on this. Your assumption that everybody wants power, and further that no one knows how to get it, except by faucet, is inaccurate to put it mildly.

There are people who do not actively seek power in any form, there are people who enjoy giving power away (BDSM as an example) and people who decide to end their lives and in effect forfeit every ounce of power they ever had.

Also, some of the people who do seek power know very well how to attain it. If everyone expected power to come easily we would be living in a world of underachievers. But that's not the case, there are some extremely powerful people out there, by almost any definition of the word.

#60480 - 10/27/11 08:36 AM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: SatansPath666]
halfchaos Offline
temp ban
pledge

So I am assuming, am I? I don't believe you read what I was trying to say properly. Beyond that I was speaking in a very generalized and indirect manner. The sky turns shades of both red and blue as long as the world keeps spinning.

Anyway I have known one or two "pleasure slaves" in the past and one of them was the sort who would train others. I am quite certain she would argue that it is not the master that holds the power in that sort of relationship. If memory serves me right, she told me so and I am inclined to agree. Power is control and control is nothing more than a state of mind.

The "pleasure slave" forfeits her body and spirit in return for ... what exactly? Security? Ramen noodles? Perhaps somewhere for her child to sleep at night? And whenever she wants something else all she has to do is ... Heh. A "pleasure slave" worth their silk in any case. In this manner power is given, not taken, and power that is not taken but rather borrowed doesn't rightly belong to you because that person can take it back at any time at all.

As for suicide ... meh, I wonder; what happens to this "power" that a person gives up on after they kill themselves? Does this power go poof or ... I am more inclined to believe that the power and responsibility is transferred to somebody else, whether they want it or not, in the traditional sense. I would give an example but my mind is too warped and I am likely the only one who would find it entertaining so we will just move along if it's all the same.

Let's keep this short, shall we? The thing is that everybody loves to poke and prod at people stronger than themselves, and everybody loves to say, "I would do things so much differently if only I had power", but assuming they had that power ... would they really do things so much differently? I believe that factory would end up in ruins all the same even if zombiejesus himself rose from the dead to save it.

Attaining power is easy, retaining power is costly. Cost brings pressure, and even the holiest and most peaceful humans in the world will resort to some very questionable decisions when put under just the right amount of stress.

That catalysts a thought into my head; What do you attain by controlling the weak besides bragging rights for other weak people? Power is to be perceived in others and is very very relative. A soldier always looks very powerful compared to a civilian at least until a Marine comes along. The president or someone in Congress always seems like a trumping figure in the Senate, and always generally speaks as such, until the lobbyists come around with all their money and then even the best intentions are left in the wake of ash and nothingness.
Power is a state of mind.

Now if you'll excuse me I am going to bow out of this discussion and this section of the forum.

#60487 - 10/27/11 04:36 PM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: halfchaos]
SatansPath666 Offline
stranger

Yes I know you were speaking in a generalized manner.. that's what I took issue with.

"The thing is that everybody loves to poke and prod at people stronger than themselves, and everybody loves to say, "I would do things so much differently if only I had power", but assuming they had that power ... would they really do things so much differently?"

Statements like this ^. When I read 'everybody' this, or 'everybody' that I cringe. It's usually the speaker placing themselves outside the 'everyone' category when things like this are said. And in your initial response that's what I felt was happening. Using the word 'everyone' followed by a 'they' is indicative of that. Everyone includes yourself.

As for your referencing BDSM, which I used as an example, you mention the concept of the 'pleasure slave' truly holding the power, and that is a perfectly plausible opinion. The thing is, I never specified which person has the power in those situations. It was just a bracketed example. People in general who choose to give away power come in a wide variety, many are those that are afraid of decision. Personally I don't think you can classify people on either side of the BDSM divide, some slaves attain power, yes, but in other cases the master holds that whip. It's very dependent on the people involved.

Suicide, your comment of power going 'poof' is odd. If you consider power to be physically manifest then this might apply, but one person deciding to end their existence doesn't always mean a transfer of power. Sometimes it just ends. If I am alone in the mountains, cut off from society, and choose to end my life - that's it. Done.

#60488 - 10/27/11 08:40 PM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: SatansPath666]
halfchaos Offline
temp ban
pledge

Originally Posted By: SatansPath666
Yes I know you were speaking in a generalized manner.. that's what I took issue with.

Am I supposed to give a shit?
I am assuming you have no intention of posting an introduction? You really should try to follow protocol when you are in somebody else's abode.

In any case ... when I said everybody, I meant myself. This discussion is reasoning for that because my patience has limitations and I do not play well with others, especially when they are breathing down my neck looking for a reason to fuck with me for shits and giggles. I like power and I have categorized just about everyone. You can claim to be holier than thou and lie if you were to say you don't like or want power, but if I kidnap your child and hold a knife to it's throat I guarantee you would be reaching for that "power" pretty quickly.

And your comment about suicide would work if this were 1812 and we were all riding around on horseback to get to the store down the street. There are things beyond physical reality, such as inheritance and other legal matters that come into play. If you are alone, cut off from society, and choose to end your life, then unless you're a fucking bum off the street, everything you own goes to your next of kin ... considering where we are I find it appalling to have to explain this to you here.

You disagree, I don't care, and life goes on.
Truly I am done with this conversation. Instead of trolling my posts I suggest you post an introduction and follow protocol before you piss somebody else off too.

#61943 - 11/28/11 01:02 AM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: Kyleshell]
thedeadidea Offline

A shorter path to power might be to work smarter not harder.

Edited by thedeadidea (11/28/11 01:08 AM)

#62027 - 11/29/11 07:21 PM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: thedeadidea]
LeftHandonFeet Offline

I have found that a great secret to power is purity. Come to think of it, this applies to basically any substance you can think of- alcohol, gasoline, drugs (prescription and non-prescription). If you choose to see yourself as a vessell from which your life form flows from, know that the purer you are mentally, emotionally and spritually, the swifter your momentum flows. Some ways in which a human can purify oneself is through studies, proper diet, meditation, choice of music, and choice of substances, i.e., drugs and alcohol. I really strive for purity in my devotion to the Dark Lord, in mindset and motive.

#64096 - 01/26/12 04:51 PM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: LeftHandonFeet]
proselyterror Offline
stranger

Loc: Finland
Why do you want power? Power is related to how others relate to you. That's petty isn't it? Can you not respect yourself without the recognition of others? Ever lived alone? Ever lived alone and felt happy? Standing on your own two?

I understand if you've got a family to look after you need money and for that you need power to be practical. That I perfectly understand. But that's it.

If you are not burdened by these why not "opt yourself out of the game" as Robert Greene said "to be in the marginal"?

I'm a bit of an anarchist and a hermit (another thread if you want) in a way that I very much despise what measures are taken just to satisfy ones needs to feel important. You do not need anyones approval or respect. If you are drunk with power, be sure you really want it.

Edited by proselyterror (01/26/12 05:12 PM)

#64098 - 01/26/12 06:27 PM Re: The Shortest Path to Power [Re: proselyterror]
seekswisdom Offline

Loc: California,U.S.
If you want something bad enough, get out there and earn it. I am taking on 18 units this semester for my welding degree and the look that I get from another student or teacher face, when I tell them how many units im taking is pricless, because I am taking the max amount of classes at one time and most people only take three classes, not five. I am a very energetic person and so if I can handle 10 classess in a day: I would at least try.Now if I only didn't have to eat and sleep then I could really accoplish alot of my goal's alot quicker.But yes quality is more important then quantity, so I hope to keep my 3.8 GPA thru the semester.

Knowlegde is power!!!!

If you want to gain it. You must litterally, Whore after it!

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.