Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#7341 - 04/06/08 08:39 PM Re: Video Games [Re: Isaak w shipley]
reverand Offline
stranger

Loc: London, Ontario Canada
For sure, you can't go wrong with Resident Evil. The Silient Hill games are also good for the horror genre. Though they get pretty confusing at times. Parasite Eve was another good one, to bad they don't make them for the newer platforms (to my knowledge).
Unfortunately, beyond Guitar Hero and Rock Band most of my gaming anymore consists of the games my daughter wants to play.
Do you know what it's like playing video games with a 6 year old girl? You don't get kill anything.

#7393 - 04/07/08 04:24 PM Re: Video Games [Re: PigFeeder]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: PigFeeder
Ehh, I personally didn't like the Doom collection too much. For a good scare I went with the Reseident Evil collection. I actually liked Medal Of Honour. Lol. I liked the one man war games. I also liked Tom Clancy's: Ghost Recon. It was a fun play with good tecnology. The sole thing I disliked was the need for teams and such. You can play a total of 6 men and two teams.

Although Doom is a slightly scary game, it's really just a dumb fun shooter. I just enjoy shooting the shit out of daemons personally.

The scariest Resident Evil games out there are the first one, and it's remake. That's it really. After that, it's NOT scary to me.

I didn't get on with the Rainbow Six games to be honest. I suppose it's each to their own. Now as for Medal of Honour games, I liked the first game and Underground, but then I started seeing a trend of war based FPS games, and it just pisses me off big time. They're milking WW2 and other wars, and it's practically the same thing over and over again. At least that's my perspective on it anyway.

Like I said before, play whatever makes you feel good.

#7420 - 04/08/08 11:21 AM Re: Video Games [Re: Isaak w shipley]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Mm, I played BloodRayne and it was okay. But it had a weak storyline, and low creativity.

#7480 - 04/10/08 11:39 PM Re: Video Games [Re: PigFeeder]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Doom 3, lots of fun, very scary. If you didn't find it scary, you had the lights on or godmode on....damnit

hmm

I play the Sims 2 alot. I think I spend more time downloading stuff than I do playing...which is sad. Or not at all...I have no time for video games except as a diversion while I'm solving a particularily tricky Abrahadabra problem.

Oh, Neopets...I play lots of Neopets.com...good stuff..5 minute game in between painting or posting or chores.

Oooh look at my cutesie wootsie Scorchio:

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=vrsa

Edited by 97and107 (04/10/08 11:42 PM)
Edit Reason: neopets

#7484 - 04/11/08 07:07 AM Re: Video Games [Re: TornadoCreator]
Simon Offline
pledge

If I am to say something, I would recommend "F.E.A.R." at the most. It is very scare at times, and is a great 1. person shooter. You'll love it, trust me.

#7508 - 04/11/08 05:14 PM Re: Video Games [Re: Simon]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
I should have hit reply to 97and107, not Simon. My apologies.

Wow people here really do come in all shapes and sizes.. And apparently age.

Does anyone here like the Silent Hill series? I didn't like them when I was younger finding them very challenging and hard to go through. But older now I find them amusing, thought provoking but still challenging enough to make me think. The newer ones can draw screams from even some of the bravest. I found Silent Hill 4 particularily difficult. Although the story lines can be somewhat weak at times, it's a time-passer nonetheless.

What are your takes on some of the newers games coming out, for the WII for instance. There's a quite a buzz being created over the entirely new way of playing; actually having to move a bit. Everyone loves Guitar Hero I suppose but I'm loving my new Resident Evil 4 for WII. I found it good on the PS2 but it's even better now, growing in how much actual skill is needed to aim and now finally control your character. It's almost virtual gaming.

Also DistroyA I'd have to agree with you on the fact that war games nowadyas are all using the same themes and concepts. Nothing really changes anymore. They all base it on the same wars and same disputes with like objectives within them. Does get tiring and boring after awhile.

Edited by PigFeeder (04/11/08 05:21 PM)
Edit Reason: Reply to whom added.

#7509 - 04/11/08 05:27 PM Re: Video Games [Re: PigFeeder]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
i have been playing bully for the 360 damn fun game. think grandtheft auto in a school basically but with many more mini games and more free roaming.but still gang war basically .they have created quite a unique game but still sticking to the gta formula that rockstar is famous for.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/b...ag=tabs;reviews

#7533 - 04/12/08 05:29 AM Re: Video Games [Re: rob_church]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
I tend to gravitate towards sports games because they take lesser time. I do love many of Rockstar's games. I just wish that I had more time to do it.

A few years back, a friend lent me "Red Dead Revolver" (Rockstar) and I was having a great old time playing it but the wife wasn't too happy about it.

I was at the store and had "Bully" in my hand but thought about it and knew it spelled trouble.

#7950 - 04/18/08 10:07 PM My favo game review [Re: TornadoCreator]
Meq Offline
Banned

On the subject of video games, does anyone here read magazine reviews?
This has to be my all-time favo, dating back to '96 - it's not very often a game is bluntly described as "utter, utter shit"!

http://amigareviews.classicgaming.gamespy.com/kickoff9.htm

"If you buy it, or if you had any part in its development, I hope a hideous tropical disease renders you eternally sterile, incapable of infecting the future of the world with your failed and worthless genes." \:D

#7967 - 04/19/08 06:39 AM Re: My favo game review [Re: Meq]
Xutech Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
Dwarf fortress, paradroid and Bioshock.
#8032 - 04/20/08 09:29 PM Re: My favo game review [Re: PigFeeder]
DistroyA Offline

97and107, I agree with you on Doom 3, but I will say that it got less scary as the game progressed. I started expecting things to happen before they did, and usually I was right.

Though you've lost my respect for the Sims game loving.... :P

PigFeeder, the Silent Hill games, bar 4 (and 3 and origins, since I haven't played them) are the best examples of survival horror. That includes the original and remake of Resident Evil.

I have to say my favourite SH game has to be the second. I don't know why to be honest.

And Xutech, Bioshock was one of the most entertaining and captivating games I've ever played through. Once I get myself a 360 (I played it on a friend's 360), that is one of the many games I shall get for it.

#8082 - 04/22/08 05:21 AM Re: Video Games [Re: DistroyA]
Josh Offline
lurker

Loc: Nottingham UK
i play alot of call of duty 4 ^^ its wicked also my fravorate console is my pc ^^.

silent hill 2 is the scariest beacuse of the atmosphere and the surroundings.

Edited by Josh (04/22/08 05:22 AM)

#8920 - 05/23/08 02:13 AM Re: Video Games [Re: TornadoCreator]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Anyone have the new "Grand Theft Auto 4"? If so, please share some details - likes, dislikes, new features, etc. I've been so busy that I haven't had the chance to get a copy. Even if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to finish it until Thanksgiving given my particular time constraints.

#9107 - 05/27/08 04:54 PM Re: Video Games [Re: Sinistar]
DistroyA Offline

It's not three bad actually. Though the first vehicle you come across has very bad handling.

There are so many features in this game. They've changed quite a bit of the engine, and have really gone to town on it.

Going to a bar in the game is bad, as once you've had a night out, vision is hampered big time, and makes driving a car even more difficult than it already was.

And stealing a car isn't as straight forward as it was. You have to break the window (If it's locked...), and then hot-wire the damned thing.

Cop chases can last longer now. And it's easier to evade them, of which is relieving in many instances. All you need to do to evade them is get out of the search area (Marked by red and blue on the radar...) and just sit and wait.

I haven't played through it per se, but I've watched my friend on it, and it was entertaining to watch, let's put it that way.

And, obviously, the graphics are fantastic. Very realistic in many respects.

Another reason why I want a 360....

#9165 - 05/28/08 03:57 PM Re: Video Games [Re: DistroyA]
Sonolin Offline
stranger

Loc: Tracy, California
I am not a huge video game fanatic, but do respect and play them nonetheless. I love many games, one of my favorites is Final Fantasy Tactics. The other Final Fantasies are great as well, I really don't know what makes them so attracting they just are.

I love the story and thought gone into a well done RPG, therefore I mainly play older RPGs such as Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, etc. I have not actually finished much games, as they tend to take a large time investment to do so, but I do enjoy playing them.

I just recently got into "World of Warcraft", mainly because I have heard great things about it from friends. Nothing to lose right - theres a free trial. Well, I ended up buying the game 3 days into the trial LOL! I am hoping I can stop playing enough so I can actually accomplish something, my web projects have been not so active as usual ;\)

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.