Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6465 - 03/27/08 10:19 AM cleanliness is next to godliness
rottingteeth Offline
stranger

do satanists agree?

(this probably belongs in the "Satanism" forum. I'm sorry.)

Edited by rottingteeth (03/27/08 10:33 AM)

#6466 - 03/27/08 11:04 AM Re: cleanliness is next to godliness [Re: rottingteeth]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Not really. I believe cleanliness is important so relating it to godliness is bad.

Originally Posted By: Free Online Dictionary
Godliness
adj. god·li·er, god·li·est
1. Having great reverence for God; pious.
2. Divine.
godli·ness n.

Link

Being clean is considerably more important than having great reverence for the invisible, imaginary guy in the sky.

#6467 - 03/27/08 11:28 AM Re: cleanliness is next to godliness [Re: TornadoCreator]
rottingteeth Offline
stranger

I'm not talking about the invisible, imaginary guy in the sky necessarily.

we are our own gods, are we not?

Edited by rottingteeth (03/27/08 11:29 AM)

#6492 - 03/27/08 06:03 PM Re: cleanliness is next to godliness [Re: rottingteeth]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada

we are our own gods, are we not?

i don't know if cleanliness works in that vein but a favorite saying of mine is..the path to god is through masturbation:)

#6493 - 03/27/08 06:25 PM Re: cleanliness is next to godliness [Re: rob_church]
Engel08 Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Sure why not...lol.
Cleanliness isn't next to godliness. But in the ritual of finding a mate (or having other types of social influence) it comes in handy. \:D

#6499 - 03/27/08 07:53 PM Re: cleanliness is next to godliness [Re: rottingteeth]
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
Not particularly.

But I DO think that sex is next to godliness...and we all know that cleanliness makes sex a much more distinct (de-stinked?) possibility.

I also find that a clean and orderly personal environment is conducive to increased productivity and peace of mind.

So I'm going to have to agree with TornadoCreator on this and say that cleanliness is probably greater than godliness.

#6503 - 03/27/08 08:16 PM Re: cleanliness is next to godliness [Re: Engel08]
Jeseth Offline
pledge

Loc: California
If you're speaking of the Christians' "God," then I would have to disagree.

Under the pretense that such a being exists, how could it be considered clean? The behavior it's historically exhibited towards its creations - according to Christian myth - could easily be described sociopathic and reckless. It makes more sense that such a god would be a slob, not a neat-freak.

#6506 - 03/27/08 08:52 PM Re: cleanliness is next to godliness [Re: Jeseth]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Who cares?

I do like to take showers and smell nice.

If we are dirty, its not our fault. It's god's for making us out of dirt. He should have known better.

Then that brings up the question, if god made us out of dirt, then why are we 60-70 percent water? Couldn't he have just gone to a lake and made Adam out of water?

Kayla

p.s. Jes where did you go? I wasn't responding to you Jes. It was to the original question.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/27/08 08:52 PM)

~~352~~

#6508 - 03/27/08 09:07 PM Re: cleanliness is next to godliness [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
I agree about cleanliness and sex, although body odour can be a very sexy thing in a person whose smell you like (and that is totally subjective, we all like different smells).

But certainly who wants to suck a cheesy cock or lick a smelly vagina, some no doubt, but not the majority I would hazard to guess.

In some ways cleanliness is for our benefit, although these days we have gone to the total opposite extreme and are now actually sufferring the repercussions of this.

Babies that are kept away from any dirt and grime are not building up their natural strong resistance to bugs and disease, prompting a change in sterilization strategies recomendations in American, with Australia and other places following closely behind.

So there is a time and a place for cleanliness, but there is also a time and place to get really down and dirty and revel in that also. Nothing like a mud fight, bath or swim for your skin and well being.

Being dirty generally won't kill you (you only have to look at some street people as a case in point), but it won't get you that job you want either (even as a garbage man).

IMO,

Zeph

#6510 - 03/27/08 09:13 PM Re: cleanliness is next to godliness [Re: ZephyrGirl]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
I agree about cleanliness and sex, although body odour can be a very sexy thing in a person whose smell you like (and that is totally subjective, we all like different smells).

But certainly who wants to suck a cheesy cock or lick a smelly vagina, some no doubt, but not the majority I would hazard to guess.

In some ways cleanliness is for our benefit, although these days we have gone to the total opposite extreme and are now actually sufferring the repercussions of this.

Babies that are kept away from any dirt and grime are not building up their natural strong resistance to bugs and disease, prompting a change in sterilization strategies recomendations in American, with Australia and other places following closely behind.

So there is a time and a place for cleanliness, but there is also a time and place to get really down and dirty and revel in that also. Nothing like a mud fight, bath or swim for your skin and well being.

Being dirty generally won't kill you (you only have to look at some street people as a case in point), but it won't get you that job you want either (even as a garbage man).

IMO,

Zeph

See, therefore cleansliness is next to sexiness and Satan instead; not God.

I guess all those unwashed peasents back in ho hum dark age england were assed out of their godliness do to lack of bathing.

~~352~~

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.