Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6521 - 03/28/08 03:13 AM Survivalism
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
I am sitting here thinking to myself. The human body needs three things to insure survival. Nurishment, shelter and social interaction. Well if you deprive yourself of either you will die. Take away food and you can live only 5 days, take away water you can live 2 days. You can take away shelter but you will perish due to the elements in due time. And the social interaction, take that away and you'll go insane and eventually die. So here is the question which basic human need would you perfer to suffer? For me I would have to say the nurishment cause thats the fastest way to go, the others drag on and seem inivitable in the end any way. So what would you perfer?

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

#6523 - 03/28/08 08:51 AM Re: Survivalism [Re: Pan420]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
so you would rather be dead then be alone? trippy remember when your mad, your not really alone at all the voices keep you company:) lol. i don't think social interaction is on the survival list come to think of it .people get marooned on beaches and shit and they survive. food, water, shelter these are what a human needs to survive. social interaction and gossiping about the latest celb bullshit is not necessary to survival in my opinion.

#6571 - 03/28/08 08:10 PM Re: Survivalism [Re: rob_church]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
exaclty. people don't need other people to survive. Robinson cruso had Wilson the volley ball for a friend in that one movie with Tom Hanks.

I would hate to be stranded on a desert island by myself, even with food, water, and a sock puppet for a friend; i'd kill myself the moment hair starts growing everywhere on me. What girl wants to look like a cave girl?

~~352~~

#6573 - 03/28/08 08:39 PM Re: Survivalism [Re: Pan420]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
I am sitting here thinking to myself. The human body needs three things to insure survival. Nurishment, shelter and social interaction.

You must have a strange human body then. My human body also needs three things to survive. Oxygen, Water, Food. Without it, there is the rules of "Three" as how long one can survive without each one.

Oxygen: 3 minutes. After that, the brain starts dying.

Water: 3 days on avergage.

Food: 3 weeks.

Disclaimer: I haven't researched if the above three are accurate. I'm quite certain that the 02 is, and likely the water. The food seems right also. Of course for the last two, general health and body type might affect it somewhat as well.

Shelter is important, of course for obvious reason, but in the right climate one can survive without it.

Social interaction. Again, it is a human need, however, one can survive without it, but will likely fall into deep depression, and possibly psychosis.

Edited by Asmedious (03/28/08 08:41 PM)

#6715 - 03/30/08 04:57 AM Re: Survivalism [Re: Asmedious]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

something like that my friwend that is taking some social class told me about that three things the human boday can't live without but yeah, its a trip the things scientest came upo with the three things human can not live without.

Marilyn Manson

#6953 - 04/01/08 03:27 PM Re: Survivalism [Re: Pan420]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Damn. I saw the name of this thread and thought it was going to be interesting....it's not nice to call the thread "survivalism" when it has nothing to do with same.
#7064 - 04/02/08 06:04 PM Re: Survivalism [Re: ceruleansteel]
Jeseth Offline
pledge

Loc: California
I think shelter is too abstract of concept to be included in your list. Will there ever exist a natural place in which we could be deprived of shelter? We Humans can create our own shelter, without even altering our environment in some cases. How many times has the shade of an object become shelter for you on a hot day?

Any way, before I answer, I have a question: does giving up "social interaction" only include relationships with other Humans, or would animals be ruled out as well?

#7067 - 04/02/08 06:14 PM Re: Survivalism [Re: Jeseth]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Inteligent creatures? Aren't humans just evolved animals just more intelegent? I would say Jeseth animals not included. Cause after all animals like people show emotions and characteristics same as humans.

Marilyn Manson

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.