Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6607 - 03/29/08 11:55 AM Bush seeks financial regulation overhaul
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Bush seeks financial regulation overhaul

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration is proposing a sweeping overhaul of the way the government regulates the nation's financial services industry from banks and securities firms to mortgage brokers and insurance companies.

The plan would give major new powers to the Federal Reserve, according to a 22-page executive summary obtained by The Associated Press.

The Fed would be given broad authority to oversee financial market stability. That would include new powers to examine the books of any institution deemed to represent a potential threat to the proper functioning of the overall financial system.

Full story here

Funny the news I saw this on was Optimum Online’s news it was listed under strange…

Sorry I do not have enough time to really say what I feel on this just now… I post it now to bring it to your attention… In my best Mike Myers Jewish woman voice, “Talk amongst yourselves”…

Peace

~T~

Look away, look over there in the sky, UFO's...

#6648 - 03/29/08 06:33 PM Re: Bush seeks financial regulation overhaul [Re: ta2zz]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz

Bush seeks financial regulation overhaul

Full story here

Peace

~T~

Look away, look over there in the sky, UFO's...

"Many Democrats in Congress are already pushing tougher proposals that would impose much stricter regulation..." from the link.

Aha! I knew it DEMOCRATS! Rush was right. He's always right.
First they wanna pull out (i can't stand it when someone can't finish what they started and pull out early); then they want this. I'm telling you, vote for McCain, please; democrats are incompetent in nearly everything they do. Republicans rule!

I still like the FEDs, and believe they are needed, otherwise fiat money would go haywires. But I'm open to a mind change.

K

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/29/08 06:33 PM)

~~352~~

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.