Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#6685 - 03/30/08 01:04 AM Shooting the shit
Modesty Offline
stranger

Loc: Arkansas
Haven't made a post in a while due to working like a dog. But last sunday on the 23rd, my work burned up. The Cargill meat solutions plant here in Booneville caught fire supposedly from one of the welding contractors. Fucking nut. I heard they are being sued and will have to pay insurance out the ass. That's good though because 800 of us lost our fucking job. Now I've got this unemployment crap to deal with until I find a job. I guess it's better than nothing but it's hard when you're out of work.

Ahh well. How has everyone else been?

#6687 - 03/30/08 01:10 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Modesty]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Modesty
Haven't made a post in a while due to working like a dog. But last sunday on the 23rd, my work burned up. The Cargill meat solutions plant here in Booneville caught fire supposedly from one of the welding contractors. Fucking nut. I heard they are being sued and will have to pay insurance out the ass. That's good though because 800 of us lost our fucking job. Now I've got this unemployment crap to deal with until I find a job. I guess it's better than nothing but it's hard when you're out of work.

Ahh well. How has everyone else been?
I read 7% of America is as of now unemployed. Tough times all around; but at least your not the only one. You can take comfort in knowing that you aren't the only one unemployed. But sorry to hear of your misfortune. Stay tough, and don't let thing out of your control get to you. Let go, and go with the flow; perhaps life is just leading you someplace new?

I'm Kayla.

~~352~~

#6690 - 03/30/08 01:15 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Modesty Offline
stranger

Loc: Arkansas
Well hey Kayla. Nice to hear some good words. The town I live in is 4,000 people. Very small and everyone is Pentecostal or Baptist. So no one really cares about you here unless you attend their church. But I don't give a rats ass about them either.

I might be getting a job at a mental health facility. That should be fun. Will be faxing a resume over Monday morning. The only problem I have with the job is it's about a 45 minute drive and gas prices are so damn high. 40-49 hours a week so it's not too bad. Just the driving kills me.

#6691 - 03/30/08 01:20 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Modesty]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: Modesty
Well hey Kayla. Nice to hear some good words. The town I live in is 4,000 people. Very small and everyone is Pentecostal or Baptist. So no one really cares about you here unless you attend their church. But I don't give a rats ass about them either.

I might be getting a job at a mental health facility. That should be fun. Will be faxing a resume over Monday morning. The only problem I have with the job is it's about a 45 minute drive and gas prices are so damn high. 40-49 hours a week so it's not too bad. Just the driving kills me.

Hi. Remember, its survival of the Fittest. The most adaptable is the most fittest. There is a time to be a Satanist; and a time to go undercover for your own gain and benefit.

Nice to meet you. 4000 people? Thats not much at all. Must be boring down there?

Kayla

~~352~~

#6714 - 03/30/08 04:53 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
TheMask Offline

When you named the topic "Shooting the shit" i thought that you were referring to Heroin. I dont know if i was disappointed or not.

Im Mask btw. I can imagine that unemployment sucks since i can imagine that i will be experiencing quite the bit of it.

Edited by TheMask (03/30/08 04:54 AM)

#6736 - 03/30/08 11:42 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Modesty]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Good to "see" you again stranger. Hopefully the prospects start looking up.

Yeah, I've been to Arkansas before and I didn't see too much in the way of public transportation to ease paying for gas. A 45 minute drive isn't that bad, especially for a job. Just do it, man.

#6805 - 03/31/08 02:13 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Sinistar]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Yah I drive about 30 minutes towork everyday where I live. And unemployment is a bitch. All depends on how much the job is paying you. I'm getting 9.50(Can) an hour. Gas here is about $1.18/litre. so its damn high. Hope it all turns out for you okay.

By the way I didn't formely introduce myself. I am Snow, I'm relatively new here.

#6852 - 03/31/08 03:24 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: PigFeeder]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
The unemployment thing is effecting alot of states in the southwest pretty bad this quarter. They closed like 3 or 4 call centers in New Mexico putting out over 2,000 people of a job. The wheather is nice but the construction industry is still very sketchy. The price for building materials are on the rise again, and that is making it hard for contractors to bid low enough to start work. The retail scene sucks cause New Mexico is a pro employeer state, which means wages and beniefts are crap. But hey there is always Mcdonalds. But the whole USA is really suffering due to job outages. But sorry to hear about the way you lost your job thats too bad.

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

#6952 - 04/01/08 03:19 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Modesty]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Hey! I just moved from Washburn Mountain!

I heard about Cargill. That's insane, but it doesn't really make sense. I heard that the slag caught a conveyor belt in the freezer on fire or some crap like that...care to illuminate?

Contact UAFS and ask about what you need to do to enroll as a TAA student. Let Cargill lump a new education for you into their lawsuit.

The bad news, though, is that the welding company was only insured for up to two million. Cargill counted it's losses at about a hundred million. That may be the last of both companies.

As for the economy, at least you have that "stimulation check" to look forward to, huh? That 300 dollars will really offset your current situation, wont it? /sarcasm

#6988 - 04/01/08 10:49 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: ceruleansteel]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: ceruleansteel
That 300 dollars will really offset your current situation, wont it? /sarcasm
Are you a democrat?
300 dollars doesn't sound like a lot, but think about how many millions of people are getting it, then multiply that number by 300. That adds up to billions and billions. Money our government could have used to in other ways, but instead they spent it on us. That money came from tax money. I pay my taxes on time every year... a portion of your 300$ came from my pocket. I think I want it back sence you don't sound like you appreciate it. Thank you Bush, we love you!

Don't be insane, vote for McCain!

PS - you guys can have Ron Paul, we don't want him in our Party, he's a closet Libertine.

~Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/01/08 10:52 PM)

~~352~~

#6991 - 04/01/08 11:10 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Hey I see it as the government giving back the money as a way to say 'hey sorry for the war and 4,000 dead Americans, so spend this money and boost the economy by buying more gas for road trips this summer'. Yeah I see that refund as an insult. The rason why they are doing the return is beacause of vacation season. Come on all those people driving here and there to spend summer vacation around the country, and who owns stock in the oil industry? No need to mention it but it's the same ones that made up lies for this damn war in the first place. They are getting rich of the war and the tax refund any way. Thats why I plan on spending my tax return in Mexico.

Marilyn Manson

#6996 - 04/01/08 11:38 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Pan420]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: Pan420
Hey I see it as the government giving back the money as a way to say 'hey sorry for the war and 4,000 dead Americans, so spend this money and boost the economy by buying more gas for road trips this summer'. Yeah I see that refund as an insult. The rason why they are doing the return is beacause of vacation season. Come on all those people driving here and there to spend summer vacation around the country, and who owns stock in the oil industry? No need to mention it but it's the same ones that made up lies for this damn war in the first place. They are getting rich of the war and the tax refund any way. Thats why I plan on spending my tax return in Mexico.
Listen, we can attack emos and christians all we want, but lets not attack the government or the republican party please.

4000 dead is very sad, but we killed like 100,000 of them \:\) But its a war Pan, we didn't go to Iraq to make out with Ali Baba and Friends. People die in wars. People who join the military go in knowing that if they get sent to war they could die defending Liberty. No one tricks them into going to war. The government doesn't have to redeem their lives with $300. That my friend is an insult.

Its a fad to hate the government for most X generationers. If I asked you for a number of good reasons why you hate it or Bush, you'd be vomiting and parroting other peoples opinions which you placed inside your head. Ideas and opinions OTHER people speculated, studied, and thought about, so you DON'T have to do the THINKING. Go spend your money in Mexico.

~Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/01/08 11:43 PM)

~~352~~

#7004 - 04/02/08 12:02 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Well I'm not sure if you guys heard of this. But near where a live, a huge area was affected by this. Thousands were put out of work including many of my family, friends, and relatives. The cloth and textile industries all closed down and everyone was puto nunemployement. Problem is the reaosn why most are in there because they wanted to go straight to work so they didn't finish high school. So at the age of 40-55 you don't want to be finishing high school so many are ou there on unemployement looking for jobs. It was a devastating blow to our community. I heard that it was because of competition in China?? This could be bullshit for all I know, I didn't hear much about it.

#7015 - 04/02/08 01:11 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: PigFeeder]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Well one thing I for the most part love America, The freedoms, the liberties,the justices. Ya I am pro democrate and I still believe that America is a great country. Don't get me wrong I love what America stands for, but what I can not buy into is how the America I love so much got flipped upside down by corporate right winged conservatives. The whole country is going through a resection due to gross neglect on the current leads for planning a war when there should have never been a war to begin with. Cause in reality the last time I checked We still haven't caught Bin Laden, We still haven't found the nuculer/biological weapons of mass destruction, Al Queda is still fully operational if not stronger than when they started the Jihad, and further more who is suffering? Everyone involved in the war, both sides not just us not just our alies. Yeah 4,000 US and 100,000 them, no one is winning. Five years in and wow Saddom is hung his family iradicated and are they the ones that struck The World Trade Center with our own planes? No, then why are we fighting them? "Iraq is harboring Al Queda members within thier boarders, we must invade and fight the terrorist to protect Americas Right to thrive", BUSH. Okay so we buy into the hype and guess waht oh, no Bin Laden, no weapons, not even a sign of the claims. But we did bring freedom to the Iraqi people. Who never wanted it. Come on this is the worst government leadership since oh I don't know Nixon and the Vietnam incident. It's the same war new weapons. So tell President bush if you use this forum why did ten of my friends come back in body bags? Come on thier families are the ones that are left, yeah free to mourn their sons and daughters with the other 4,000 families and friends. It is sick, why could men have such power to invade a country without any thought to the exit stradegy. So now last year we had hurrican Katrina and what happened? Come on, really. When will people wake up and take this ahit as it really is a nice big pile of bullshit. Sex scadles and nonsense shinanagines. What I am trying to say is that I don't need a bias Fox news report to sway me one way or another. No one has gotten in my head. Generation X, ya the future corporate lackies to be more like it. What I am trying to say is that if you love this country as much as you say that you do then protect it from those really doing the most harm to it.

A. gas stocks( Bush and cronies)
B. Middle eastern crude oil restricted( price inflation)
C. America spends less on activities involving driving( economy)
D. economy stimulious refund( Families plan on road trips)
E. $300 on filling up my Ford(American made)
F. Bush and his cronies get paid.

That is my point it is not an insult to those that are wealthy enough to fit in this bush administrations little class bracket, but for the 65% that dont well they should all feel insulted. We work hard all our lives pay our taxes, donate to charity, clean up our communites and what do we get for it war time mascarding. "look at the rebate but don't look at the real issues. come on.

Marilyn Manson

#7019 - 04/02/08 01:35 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Pan420]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: Pan420
Well one thing I for the most part love America, The freedoms, the liberties,the justices. Ya I am pro democrate and I still believe that America is a great country. Don't get me wrong I love what America stands for, but what I can not buy into is how the America I love so much got flipped upside down by corporate right winged conservatives. The whole country is going through a resection due to gross neglect on the current leads for planning a war when there should have never been a war to begin with. Cause in reality the last time I checked We still haven't caught Bin Laden, We still haven't found the nuculer/biological weapons of mass destruction, Al Queda is still fully operational if not stronger than when they started the Jihad, and further more who is suffering? Everyone involved in the war, both sides not just us not just our alies. Yeah 4,000 US and 100,000 them, no one is winning. Five years in and wow Saddom is hung his family iradicated and are they the ones that struck The World Trade Center with our own planes? No, then why are we fighting them? "Iraq is harboring Al Queda members within thier boarders, we must invade and fight the terrorist to protect Americas Right to thrive", BUSH. Okay so we buy into the hype and guess waht oh, no Bin Laden, no weapons, not even a sign of the claims. But we did bring freedom to the Iraqi people. Who never wanted it. Come on this is the worst government leadership since oh I don't know Nixon and the Vietnam incident. It's the same war new weapons. So tell President bush if you use this forum why did ten of my friends come back in body bags? Come on thier families are the ones that are left, yeah free to mourn their sons and daughters with the other 4,000 families and friends. It is sick, why could men have such power to invade a country without any thought to the exit stradegy. So now last year we had hurrican Katrina and what happened? Come on, really. When will people wake up and take this ahit as it really is a nice big pile of bullshit. Sex scadles and nonsense shinanagines. What I am trying to say is that I don't need a bias Fox news report to sway me one way or another. No one has gotten in my head. Generation X, ya the future corporate lackies to be more like it. What I am trying to say is that if you love this country as much as you say that you do then protect it from those really doing the most harm to it.

A. gas stocks( Bush and cronies)
B. Middle eastern crude oil restricted( price inflation)
C. America spends less on activities involving driving( economy)
D. economy stimulious refund( Families plan on road trips)
E. $300 on filling up my Ford(American made)
F. Bush and his cronies get paid.

That is my point it is not an insult to those that are wealthy enough to fit in this bush administrations little class bracket, but for the 65% that dont well they should all feel insulted. We work hard all our lives pay our taxes, donate to charity, clean up our communites and what do we get for it war time mascarding. "look at the rebate but don't look at the real issues. come on.
First Pan, you gained my respect if that means shit. I was expecting something dumb, but your response is great, but typical. When I say typical i don't mean to attack your intelligence. I mean common, as if your eyes are looking in the direction pointed. Think about it for a moment. Its slight of hand. If America were a stage magician, and this war were a misdirection to focus your attention in one direction, tell me what the magician is doing behind his back with the other hand. You have to try and see the bigger picture. We aren't living in a localized world anymore - its global. Do you know what will happen to us, and our country in 20 years if we aren't doing what we are doing right now?

~Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/02/08 01:36 AM)

~~352~~

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.