Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#7285 - 04/06/08 02:33 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: ZephyrGirl]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
You haven't even begun to talk about Indonesia. Is there a reason for that, or do you consider them to be of no importance (although they have a population only slightly smaller than the US - alot of which is Muslim)?

They are near to China and also I would think a natural Chinese alibi. They hate Australia and no doubt by proxy America. Actually I am more worried about the Indonesians invading Austrlia than any other country.

They are my natural enemy and it pisses me off no end the amount of people that take our money to Bali, even after the pathetic way the indonesian government has dealt with the Bali bombers.

Zeph

Although I see you are looking at this from a US perspective and I from an Australian one, therefore I will never think that Bush is a good President.

Indonesia is the largest Islamic nation... i think? But they're poor. Personally I think the only threat they pose is terrorism - which is a big deal... because it costs lives; but neither Australia nor America would starve and be their slaves due to their rise to superpowerdom. I think the chances of that is unlikely any time in the near future.

I don't know what country it is but i would love to nuke that Islamic country that forces their girls to get their clits cut off with a rusty razor and sew up their stuff!!!

Now I'm interested why you dislike indonesia Zeph. I never really paid any mind to that country... they're suffering from some rice shortage there by the way.

Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/06/08 02:44 AM)

~~352~~

#7286 - 04/06/08 02:38 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: ballbreaker]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: ballbreaker
India was picked up as an ally by the Soviet Union during the Sino-Soviet split; initially the Indians and the Chinese had beef and so the Soviets used this to their advantage by giving India guns. I know, really weird connection...you'd think India would be in the pocket of the British or something.

Quote:
lets give the AU another 50 years!?

Ha! If only it were so...
Oh ye of little faith... a lot can happen in 50 years; who knows, the AU can become something... i'm cheering for them. Its about time they become self reliant and lead their own destiny. The western world has exploited their people and nation for so long... not to mention all the pharmaceutical testing we do there \:\(

Geez, can you imagine a military alliance just between China and India alone?

The lines have been drawn Ballbreaker... I'm sticking with America, and the old UK and Commonwealth till the end!

Kayla

~~352~~

#7413 - 04/08/08 01:35 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
I would agree with you if I believed that America and alies have a winning chance. But with the way things look to be tilting it looks like the muslim controled countries might be creating a mucher wider connection with other factions like those in the Phillipeans. Scary to say it but I say it looks like this world is ready for another aniahlation and a rebirth. Kill off the weak and let the strong inherit the world. And from the way things are going it looks like me and you live in a marked country.

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

#7422 - 04/08/08 12:29 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Pan420]
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
You don't think the United States and its allies have a "winning chance" because some sandbox dictators pay to have their people strap explosives to their bodies? C'mon, there's no reason to get pessimistic until non-state Muslim actors get their hands on nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons.
#7424 - 04/08/08 01:23 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: ballbreaker]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
It will be interesting to see what will develop in the next twenty years or so.
The Muslims are trying to take over Europe by moving in to the countries that accept them, yet from what I have read, they are causing a bit of a nuisance of themselves there, and are quickly becoming unwelcome. Therefore, because of their attitude, they might eventually be sent back to the deserts.

As for the AU, well thatís a whole different tomato. The economy of the United States is in such a mess, that combining it with that of Mexico and Canada, might not be beneficial for anyone. All we might end up with is the American Third World Union. (ATWU?)

#7431 - 04/08/08 07:17 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Asmedious]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
Well iit's not just Muslim terrorists that are waging war on the countries that are being attacked. We have many enimes that hate what we stand for. The muslim faction Al Queda is just war cell that is operating. There are many of them that reside in other countries. I see it as America is allying it's self with other like countries and bringing with them their beliefs. At the same time the terrorists from other factions are gaining power in different countries around the world. What is the odds that they will join forces as they are starting to now. And its just now more apparent to the mass that with our superiority that it's just a matter of time that one of those "bad" countries will attack and triger another mass war. I am not putting the allies down, cause I will stand and defend what I am about against those that try to take that away from me. I am just saying that Iran and North Korea both have nuculer capabilities and so do we. Well what kind of war will that be? And more where will that battle take place? Will we will go to them at there front. They will have the home field advantage. Thats my standing.

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

#7442 - 04/09/08 01:41 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Asmedious]
ballbreaker Offline

Yeah, native Europeans are becoming increasingly irritated with their Muslim guests, the rise in popularity for populist far-right parties is a testament to this. It's hard to predict what will develop. If moderate politicians don't make any attempts to neutralize the problem and coopt right-wing rhetoric then it's possible men like Le Pen and his counterparts in other European countries can gain more political prominence.

On the other hand, it's possible (though unlikely in my opinion) that the next generation of Muslims in Europe will be assimilated into Western culture.

Quote:
As for the AU, well thatís a whole different tomato

For all intents and purposes there is no AU!

Quote:
The economy of the United States is in such a mess, that combining it with that of Mexico and Canada, might not be beneficial for anyone.

I think genuine free trade between the three countries will do wonders; as it stands NAFTA exists more as a combination of particular trade agreements (including agreements on tariffs in some sectors) than as a free trade area contract. We've got some more work to do, but I think we'll do well.

#7443 - 04/09/08 02:01 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Pan420]
ballbreaker Offline

Quote:
We have many enimes that hate what we stand for.

The only enemies to the West that hate our civilization for what it is are the Islamists. These individuals, for the most part, try to fight the United States on account of an ideology.

Enemy states, like Russia and the PRC, just act to increase their own relative power...the Chinese and Russian leadership may dislike the way the United States handles foreign affairs but only because they themselves aren't capable of acting with the same impunity.

Quote:
At the same time the terrorists from other factions are gaining power in different countries around the world.

What countries would you be referring to?

Whatever the case, the main concern should be Pakistan, since it's the only Islamic country with nuclear capabilities and the potential for state breakdown.

Quote:
I am just saying that Iran and North Korea both have nuculer capabilities

Neither Iran nor North Korea has nuclear capabilities. Every now and then N. Korea will either test a poorly constructed warhead or claim it has nuclear weapons so it can garner aid money from the United States...there is no nuclear threat coming from N. Korea, and currently the same conclusion can be drawn about Iran.

I'm more concerned about Islamists getting their paws on 'rogue scientists' or unsecured warheads from countries in the former Soviet Union.

Quote:
Well what kind of war will that be?

If the US is not concerned about 'reconstruction/establishing democracy' then it will be a very quick and, for the West anyways, bloodless war. Even if Iran and N. Korea i]did[/i] possess nuclear warheads they have no delivery system capable of reaching the United States.

Quote:
They will have the home field advantage.

Against the United States no conventional army carries much of an advantage anywhere, whether at home or not.

#7491 - 04/11/08 11:15 AM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: ballbreaker]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Islam is doing a good thing. I will be misunderstood here. The more fanatic and extreme they become the more future generations will see how dangerous and stupid religion is to the human race. I would let them continue to do what they do for a while.

Sometimes it make me wonder how 2 billion people can be Christian, and another 2 billion Muslim; as if the majority of the human race are idiots.

Right now would be a good time to start spreading antireligion propaganda and secular memes.

I read a very strange account of the american revolution. Before the war for independence started an angel visited George Washington in a dream and gave him a prophesy. The angel said that the American flag will change three times; and it will be challenged three times. The third time will be great, when the whole world will go against the US, but in the end, America will triumph and be the only nation on earth. - "The Destiny of America" Manly P. Hall

Kayla

~~352~~

#7499 - 04/11/08 12:02 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ballbreaker Offline

I actually have no big problem with Christianity. The evangelicals in the United States are a bit of an issue but I think overall Christianity has had an overwhelmingly positive impact on the Western world and the development of capitalism in Europe. Christianity's underlying cultural influences may have been partly responsible for early notions of liberty and progress; Weber's "Protestant Ethic" is the most well known text espousing this idea, but there are others.

Every society needs some common fabric, and I don't suspect that Reason alone is enough at the moment.

Quote:
but in the end, America will triumph and be the only nation on earth. - "The Destiny of America" Manly P. Hall

Sounds a lot like Francis Fukuyama, only more eschatological.

#7501 - 04/11/08 12:11 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: ballbreaker]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: ballbreaker
I actually have no big problem with Christianity. The evangelicals in the United States are a bit of an issue but I think overall Christianity has had an overwhelmingly positive impact on the Western world and the development of capitalism in Europe. Christianity's underlying cultural influences may have been partly responsible for early notions of liberty and progress; Weber's "Protestant Ethic" is the most well known text espousing this idea, but there are others.

Every society needs some common fabric, and I don't suspect that Reason alone is enough at the moment.

Quote:
but in the end, America will triumph and be the only nation on earth. - "The Destiny of America" Manly P. Hall

Sounds a lot like Francis Fukuyama, only more eschatological.

Christianity - the religion is beautiful, like Islam the religion is; i guess I should say. But what is written and what is practiced are two different things. Thats one great thing about religion Ballbreaker - it has the power to collect great masses of people, funnel their collective force, and forge empires. Back in its heydays Islam was a savior of sorts for the western world after the dark ages, being this bastion of science and mathematics... there are still many stars in the sky with arabic names. But things dilapidate and go stupid. No we have televangelists selling bibile sermons for love gifts, and lunatics blowing themselves up so they can dance with 72 naked virgins.

Fukuyama is such a terrible last name. I'm not familiar with him, i'll have to look him up, so i can talk about him with you. Have faith; America is malting; like a maggot out of the ashes, to rise as a flaming phoenix!

Kayla

~~352~~

#8272 - 04/29/08 03:18 PM Re: Shooting the shit [Re: Pan420]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Originally Posted By: Pan420
What do you mean the univited guests? The ones that clean your house and dig your trenches. Why you got to bring them into the mix? The imigrants are busting their asses to make a living for thier families back in mexico, risking their lives doing the things that 'we' Americans don't want to. They get paid measley cents to work. They aren't citizens so they don't get taxed. So why would they get the econimcs stimulas checks any way.

Don't give me that tired piece of rhetoric. I know plenty of guys who would be honored to dig a trench or whatever to put food in their children's mouths. And I also know plenty of white boys working the line at the chicken plant. So don't try to tell me that they're doing us a favor by sneaking in here and stealing from us. And they get paid the same wage as everyone else, so don't try that one either.

What I meant when I said that was "those unemployment figures don't even count the 12 million ILLEGAL BORDER CROSSERS in our country." Not all of them are employed...and not all of them are the picture of nobility and family loyalty that you would like to paint them as.

And personally, I don't give a shit if they are working their asses off and sending the money back home. If they don't like mexico, fine. I have no problem with anyone LEGALLY IMMIGRATING to my country. But if they don't want to do that, they should be marching and protesting in their own streets, NOT OURS. I sing and dance every time border patrol nets themselves a live one (or a not-so-live one, I don't discriminate ;\) )

Our nation's lack of national solidarity is appalling. America is for AMERICANS. Period. If someone wants a piece of this pie, they know where the immigration office is.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.