Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6760 - 03/30/08 04:12 PM Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder)
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
A hot song redone in Japanese. Whats she saying?

Love Kayla

~~352~~

#6780 - 03/30/08 08:51 PM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Are you testing me because you know the lyrics? Lol?

Anyway I cant believe I actually sat here and translated this but here goes, this is what I think she's saying.

Now he has gone away, the man that has made me cry.
Not far enough, far enough to make want to die.
Hes going to cry for me. Hes going to want my love.

He will cry, and dream of me and know he needs the past.
Memories follow me no matter where I go.
Scary music in the night( ? )

Love makes me feel so happy,
Dance with the sun and the sea,
Do a dance of love with me(?)
This time is mine.

Now he has gone away, the man that has made me cry.
Not far enough, far enough to make want to die.
Hes going to cry for me. Hes going to want my love.

Dance with the sun and the sea,
Do a dance of love with me.

I don't think that's perfect but in Japanese it rhymes a bit so I tryed to make it ryhme in english. Japanese isn't translated the exact same when in english so I tryed to make it sound what it would sound like. Where did you hear about this song? Oh I did my best by the way. Like I said I only know conversational Japanese. Who sings this? I've never seen her before. If you want a good Japanese pop singer look up Boa Kwon. She's pretty good. I used to listen to her to learn Japanese. My gf loves her.

#6796 - 03/31/08 01:10 AM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

I asked you cuz i didn't know. So thats what she's singing. Thanks. Wow. Impressive Snow! I only know 13 words in Japanese:

1) Ninja
2) Samurai
3) Shogun
4) Geisha
5) Shinobi
6) Picachu
7) Shashimi
8) Sushi
9) Ohio (hello)
10) Hi (yes)
11) Moshi Moshi? (hello on the fone)
12) Arigato (thank you)
13) Shiseido (face cream - the best!)

~Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/31/08 01:11 AM)

~~352~~

#6799 - 03/31/08 01:37 AM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Actually you got 9 and 10 wrong. 9: Konnichiwa is hello. As a formal greeting. Ohayo Gozaimasu means good morning. That may have been what you got mixed up with.

10: Close but it's spelt Hai. And it's pronounced Ha-I but said said sort of quickish. So it often sounds exactly like Hi.

No problem though. If you ever need more help with japanese tell me. I's not a problem. ^-^

#6800 - 03/31/08 01:42 AM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

shit! I forgot Konnichiwa! and Suzuki, and Saki.
whats Ohio mean then?
I gotta go to bed.

~Kayla

~~352~~

#6802 - 03/31/08 01:46 AM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

It's a place. I think you meant Ohayo. Its the beginning of good morning. Sounds the same as ohio though, Some sites mess things up too. It's hard to find one sometimes thats accurate. My girlfriend and a friend of mine taught me. I randomly talk Japanese to m girlfriend and some friends who speak it at school and msn. So it helps me get better.

#6822 - 03/31/08 09:23 AM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Meq Offline
Banned

I don't know Japanese, but these lyrics sound suspiciously close to a literal translation (and back again) of the English version of Lambada by Kid Creole and the Coconuts (NOT the Portuguese version by Kaoma).
Is this correct Kayla?

Edited by Mequa (03/31/08 09:24 AM)
Edit Reason: correction

#6907 - 03/31/08 10:37 PM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: Meq]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: Mequa
I don't know Japanese, but these lyrics sound suspiciously close to a literal translation (and back again) of the English version of Lambada by Kid Creole and the Coconuts (NOT the Portuguese version by Kaoma).
Is this correct Kayla?
!?Pig, I trusted you?! Actually Mequa I trusted him, so I didn't check the english version! But I know which one your talking about, I just watched it the other day. I just assumed the Japanese did an alright job litterally translating the english version, and that Piggy just did a great job rhyming. Side note: I like the original one by Kaoma. Thanks for pointing this out mequa.

~Kayla

~~352~~

#6937 - 04/01/08 08:18 AM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Ehhh, there's an english version? Well I don't know if I got it right but I personally think I did a poor job. I just sat there with my gf and we helped each other translate it for a good half hour or so. Then we went through what we had and tryed different meanings out ofr different words, moved them around a bit and tryed to make it ryhme.

Can someone do me the favour of sending me a link to the lyrics? I don't even know the name of the song up there. >_<. It's called Lambada? I kind of want to see what the real lyrics look like.

By the way Mequa, I listened to the song and kind of translated it very directly and literally, so is that what you mean by it sounding very literal and direct?

Oh and I looked up that Koama girl you mentioned Mequa, how long has she bee in music I haven't ever heard of her. =/

#6945 - 04/01/08 11:42 AM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: PigFeeder]
Meq Offline
Banned

Here are the English lyrics of Lambada by Kid Creole and the Coconuts.

It looks like the Japanese translators did an incredible job in doing a direct literal translation which works in both languages (although there may be small differences) - not to mention PigFeeder for translating them back into English. \:\)

Kaoma was a group, NOT a chick. They released the (Brazilian) Portuguese version of Lambada back in 1989; you can read the lyrics in Portuguese here.

Mequa

#6969 - 04/01/08 08:28 PM Re: Ohio Piggy-san (for Pigfeeder) [Re: Meq]
PigFeeder Offline

I don't know looks like I was a little off. The japanese song there isn't exactly the same as the english version. There were some parts that couldn't be directly translated. Looking at the english version I can see a few places I made minor mistakes but I'm really proud of myself. ^^

Oh and what the hell was I looking at then.. Wow. I looked up J pop Koama and thought I had found something. Of course the majority of it was in Romaji. Anyway I'm glad to be of what help I could be. ^^. Seems like I'm not being too helpful otherwise lately. >_<. Lol. Thanks for the info though Mequa. Was interesting to look up on.

~~ Snow ~~.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.