Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#68812 - 07/12/12 10:42 PM Chaos Magic
Oxus Offline

Very interested in knowing if anyone here is a Chaote, practices Chaos Magic, disagrees with CM, etc.

Diabolus Beatus,
Etu Malku

#68818 - 07/12/12 11:49 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Oxus]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
One line posts are frowned upon here.
Please expand upon your thoughts and explain why you want to know this.

M.

#69495 - 07/26/12 11:05 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Morgan]
Oxus Offline

From the overwhelming response I don't see any reason to go into any further detail about something no one here is interested in.

But in order to keep within the Imposition of Will let me extrapolate.

Lately, I have embarked upon Chaos Magic, and found it to be remarkably LHP and truly an exertion of the Will onto the objective universe.

In other words, it has worked whereas antiquated systems have not for me.

I would be interested in hearing from other people with similar or negative experiences.

Thank you,
EM

#69543 - 07/28/12 09:08 AM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Oxus]
Zadig Offline
stranger

Loc: Alaska, U.S.
I've never heard of chaos magick and I am extremely interested in what it is. I will seach online for it right now but could you please explain what you know to me?

My only experiance with magic is ritual magick and straight up magic where I will something and it happens. Both of these methods have worked for me, I seem to have a talent in this area, so I am always looking to expand my knowlege in any kind of area of magick so please enlighten me!

#69560 - 07/28/12 02:44 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Oxus]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
Power in magick is derived from focused will. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

Chaos magick can be quite powerful, as can any system. The key is subconscious belief, which is generally obviated by Carroll's approach.

There are interconnected reasons for everything in any ritual system. To destroy even a part is to misunderstand the whole.

Is one man/woman strong enough to change the world with magick? Sure. But trust me, you are not that dude.

Ritual empowerment always requires an exigent mythos.

JK

#69563 - 07/28/12 05:01 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Jason King]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:

Is one man/woman strong enough to change the world with magick? Sure. But trust me, you are not that dude.

If this is fact, then it would mean that some very powerful magician's are living in this world which was created by them and they believe the world is now perfect, exactly the way it is.

I think this would also mean that the truly Self Actualized people in the world, who have created the kind of lives that most of us only dream about are Chaos Magicians and are keeping it secret.

But I'm wondering how this can be proven?

#69566 - 07/28/12 06:37 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Jason King]
Oxus Offline

Originally Posted By: Jason King
Power in magick is derived from focused will. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

Well Magic(k) "is" focused Will, it occurs all over from politics to advertising and of personally.

Quote:
Chaos magick can be quite powerful, as can any system. The key is subconscious belief, which is generally obviated by Carroll's approach.

There are interconnected reasons for everything in any ritual system. To destroy even a part is to misunderstand the whole.

Would you elaborate on this please, I'm not certain where you are going with it.

Quote:

Ritual empowerment always requires an exigent mythos.

JK

I'm not sure of that, but I'm never sure of anything. If we look at the concept of Jesus for example, this is an iconic figure that has changed most of the world, his concept falls into the third category below.

In Chaos Magick there are three levels of Thought-Form: the personal Servitor, the group egregore, and the elevated egregore to god-form.

Edited by Diavolo (07/28/12 07:59 PM)
Edit Reason: fixed code

#69578 - 07/28/12 11:18 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Oxus]
Zadig Offline
stranger

Loc: Alaska, U.S.
I read about chaos magick and I like it.

Chaos takes from any tradition it wants and makes it its own. This is what I have basically been doing since I first started to study magick. Using belief as a tool is what I have always done.

I have to disagree with Jason King when he says that all ritual parts are important for it to work, for in chaos theory as I understand it it does not matter what part of what ritual you use or how many different rituals you chop up and put together so long as you know what you are doing will work, you will perform powerful magick just the same.

I had no idea until yesterday, but I have been a straight up chaos magician for a long time now. in fact now that I think of it it is the only kind of magick I have ever used!

Every time I need to make something happen and I do it through magick, it works. To me Chaos magic is the best kind there is. Of course different magicks will work differently for different people:)

#69667 - 07/30/12 09:28 AM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Oxus]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Oxus

Would you elaborate on this please, I'm not certain where you are going with it.

Always happy to oblige . . .

Do you ground in ritual, or no?

If you do, you are ceding magickal form?

Do you call on entities in ritual, or no?

If you do, you are making me repeat myself.

Godforms?

Corners?

Self?

When these are either evoked or invoked, it must be done from some degree of ignorance. Otherwise, the fecund subconscious is traded off for the bound conscious. And it will fail. As most rituals do.

Blind in the Abyss . . .

JK

p.s. think about it before you reply

#69735 - 07/31/12 08:01 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Jason King]
Oxus Offline

Quote:
[quote=Jason King]There are interconnected reasons for everything in any ritual system. To destroy even a part is to misunderstand the whole.

Always happy to oblige . . .

Do you ground in ritual, or no?
I achieve gnosis (no-mind) instead of the traditional banishing thingy. Trance induction through various practices.

Quote:
If you do, you are ceding magickal form?
Sorry, I am unclear as to what you mean here.

Quote:
Do you call on entities in ritual, or no?
Oh, most indefinitely I do, whether they are old, new or created by me.

Quote:
If you do, you are making me repeat myself.
How embarrassing please forgive me

Quote:
Godforms?

Corners?

Self?

When these are either evoked or invoked, it must be done from some degree of ignorance. Otherwise, the fecund subconscious is traded off for the bound conscious. And it will fail. As most rituals do.

Blind in the Abyss . . .

JK

p.s. think about it before you reply

Ignorance? Fecund subconscious?

#73107 - 11/21/12 02:47 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Jason King]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I almost regret clicking on this all together as it didn't actually bring anything to the table I would be minutely interested in as a Chaote. I know that being on a Satanist based web forum, I am definitely in the minority here and elsewhere but I have never seen the level of complete ignorance on Chaos magic or Chaoism on a Satanic board before.

Given that no one here involved in the conversation exists anymore or lacks the inspiration to revive it I should just let it be.. but I can't.

Gnosis=no mind? No, not really. Even though you can trance out to achieve, you are still very much enacting the mind when using a ritual. What else did you think you were using?

Furthermore, the idea behind Chaoism is that there is NO IDEA.

In Chaos Magick there are three levels of Thought-Form: the personal Servitor, the group egregore, and the elevated egregore to god-form.

Sure, if that is what you want. There are no determining factors. I have said this before and I stand by it now, you could line a whole lot of Chaotes against a wall and ask them what Chaoism is to them and everyone will have a different, personalized version of it.

Blind in the Abyss . . .

At least at that point, you are close to the end ^.-

#73119 - 11/21/12 07:35 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"I have never seen the level of complete ignorance on Chaos magic or Chaoism on a Satanic board before."

There are quite a few people here who are knowledgeable about Chaos magic.

Here are a few links for other posts on the subject. I would have posted more but the search feature is limited.

http://www.the600club.com/topic63146-1.html

http://www.the600club.com/topic63124-1.html

Just because everyone didn't jump in and give their 2 cents on a thread doesn't mean that they don't know about it.

M

#73133 - 11/22/12 09:42 AM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Morgan]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Perhaps ignorance was a harsh word. I searched for topics on Chaos magic and didn't get results. Which disappointed me somewhat and at the same time wasn't too surprising. I did not want to start a topic that had already been started and, as you know, the forums are plentiful here.

I shall take a bit more of a look around. Thanks again.

#73143 - 11/22/12 01:16 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Le Deluge Offline

Dunno. I went through a lot of threads when I started posting here. I "reanimated" some with varying degrees of success. Just my opinion: I would suggest one simply start new topics. It should be about the ideas. It is easy to distinguish and revise any topic that occurs here. Just state your ideas on it. I suspect it'll take a few months for things to really speed up here again. Old threads are interesting, but they aren't necessarily as useful as they appear. I would find some lacking that "key point!". A simple addition of a very good idea is lessened in some long ass thread from 2010. Just roll out your own ideas? (If you have different points to stress). Just my thoughts based on having reanimated threads.

#112640 - 04/30/17 06:41 PM Re: Chaos Magic [Re: Oxus]
LoneWolf78 Offline

I have heard of it. When it comes to the practice of it however, one can easily dabble with it before they learn something else.

A friend of mine and I discussed Chaos and did some different things for a while before we came to the conclusion that boiled down all religions are a result of Chaos Magic as it is defined.

Basically it is a matter a) of using beliefs rather than be used by them b) all belief systems are a tool and c) all may be used to achieve what you want.

When you look at any religion it is impossible to say that those elements have not been used by the founders of them. This, of course, is aside from that there is hardly (if any) religions that have not borrowed from one another.

Edited by LoneWolf78 (04/30/17 06:44 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.