Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#6947 - 04/01/08 12:02 PM Converting.
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I just thought I would let you guys know.

I have officially converted to Islam. I will probably not be engaging in debate here much any more. I hope you an understand why. Praise be to Allah.

#6948 - 04/01/08 12:37 PM Re: Converting. [Re: TornadoCreator]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Haha, April Fools back on you TC \:D

#6951 - 04/01/08 01:51 PM Re: Converting. [Re: Nemesis]
TornadoCreator Offline

Awww, at lest one person may have not been paying attention to the date posted.

Yes, it was a joke. I have been caught out.

#6955 - 04/01/08 04:19 PM Re: Converting. [Re: TornadoCreator]
TheMask Offline

It sure seemed like something was up. xD
#6959 - 04/01/08 07:05 PM Re: Converting. [Re: TheMask]
Jeseth Offline
pledge

Loc: California
Damn, I forgot what day it was. I just wrote up a cruel and insulting post for no reason. On the shelf it goes then...

#6966 - 04/01/08 07:57 PM Re: Converting. [Re: TornadoCreator]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I know, I know, sorry to spoil the fun, .

#6968 - 04/01/08 08:20 PM Re: Converting. [Re: Nemesis]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Oh boy, almost asked if you were serious there. Lol that's pretty funny. Nice one TC. ;D

#6971 - 04/01/08 08:49 PM Re: Converting. [Re: PigFeeder]
TornadoCreator Offline

Oh com'on people... I said ISLAM!

Judaism or Buddhism I could understand people being thrown but thinking "Is he serious" as I've never spoken out against them, but Islam. I make a point of insulting Islam every day. It's so funny that people even considered this a possibility, (I'm not sure if I should be insulted or not... lets go with not).

#6979 - 04/01/08 09:17 PM Re: Converting. [Re: TornadoCreator]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Wicca would have been funnier.

#6984 - 04/01/08 09:55 PM Re: Converting. [Re: Octavius]
TornadoCreator Offline

I have some standards Octavius. Islam may be psychotic, bigoted and violent but at least it's internally consistent (or as internally consistent as one can expect from a religion), Wicca is literally nothing more that the 'best bits' that particular group of goth kids like from all their favourite fantasy books, TV shows, video/roleplay games and the occasional ancient religion. They don't even make an effort to make it internally consistent.

#6989 - 04/01/08 10:53 PM Re: Converting. [Re: TornadoCreator]
Octavius Offline

TC, you are grossly ill-informed, as expected. You really need to crawl out of your own ass and take a look at the world you think you live in.

#7025 - 04/02/08 02:24 AM Re: Converting. [Re: Octavius]
TornadoCreator Offline

I have known many people who claim to be Wicca and trust me when I say it is exactly what I claim it to be. I respect your opinion Octavius but I am far from ill-informed here. If you have some other example of Wicca, by all means please show me. I'd love to see a cohesive example of it, if it indeed exists.

#7026 - 04/02/08 02:25 AM Re: Converting. [Re: Octavius]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Well TC, I regret I don't kow you very well. I havn't seen you bash Islamics yet, I should go find some, I bet they would prove to be quite funny.

#7028 - 04/02/08 02:35 AM Re: Converting. [Re: PigFeeder]
TornadoCreator Offline

If I haven't done so on this forum it is nothing short of an act of Big Sky Daddy. I do so extremely often so I can't imagine me never having done so here.

#7151 - 04/03/08 10:55 PM Re: Converting. [Re: TornadoCreator]
Octavius Offline

Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
I have known many people who claim to be Wicca and trust me when I say it is exactly what I claim it to be. I respect your opinion Octavius but I am far from ill-informed here. If you have some other example of Wicca, by all means please show me. I'd love to see a cohesive example of it, if it indeed exists.

You simply cannot generalize about religion and expect to be taken seriously. You are no authority on Wicca based on your alleged second-hand knowledge from "many" Wiccan acquaintances. You should have respect for your own opinion, rather than mine, and make sure that your opinion is INFORMED. Blasting any religion based on casual brushes with practitioning acquaintances paints you as quite the dullard. Your arguments and theories, regardless of the topic, have always struck me as reactionary and uninformed. You're the first person to bitch and complain about whatever today's random topic may be, but you are continually unable to back up your own presumptions with anything other than vague examples of hearsay.

In this instance, the responsibility of defining the faults of Wicca lies with you, considering that you were first to start fanning the proverbial fires. I called bullshit, and now you ask me to debate you. Why? You haven't provided anything to debate against other than your predictable opinions and tiring generalizations of "trust me". Furthermore, it's the principal of your statements that drives me to post all this. As a relatively respected member of this community, I'd expect you to lead by example and contribute to topics with more than just your unfounded opinions.

I could care less about Wicca, but I know bullshit when I smell it. If you'd want me to debate you, give me something to debate other than your baseless opinions and tough-guy veneer.

Mr. Octavius

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.