Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#6998 - 04/01/08 11:45 PM What Exactly Is Satanism To You?
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
I'm looking to hear more opinions on what Satanism is to you guys. I'm expecting that only the individuals here that are 100% sure with themselves will post here, because you risk the chance of getting critisized. I'd rather just hear everyone's opinion though so try not to correct each other and go at it.

Again I want to hear YOUR opinion on what Satanism is to you.

Personally, I think it is the ability to find power within yourself, not the need to go out and look for it in another. Alongside the theory that you do control the events in your life, beside the inevitable acts such as death. As I am a LaVeyan satanist I believe more in indulging in the carnal sins, not fearing them.

The deity we as humankind have believed in so far, is within us, and not some pair of eyes floating around watching over us. It will not take care of us, we take care of ourselves. We lead our own lives, till the cruel end or along the glory road.

Also as a satanist, I believe the weak-minded and weak-hearted will be weeded out. This is a strong belief of mine that what is strong, lives. The only exception is when the stronger take in the weaker to watch over.

I think of every person equally, same rights as everyone else, but I do not obviously like everyone equally. The truth to me is, the strong have always lived on, while the weak die away. A matter of time.

I have other minor beliefs but I will formulate them in one post afterwards when I gather my thoughts more thorougly

Thanks for checking it out, and I can't wait to hear from you all

~~Snow~~.

#7001 - 04/01/08 11:51 PM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
I'd share what I think Satanism is to me and how I feel about it, but I hold my personally beliefs and convictions in high regard as jewels; and nothing makes me more angry than to have some dumbass shit on something I feel such ways towards. Plus the less people know what I believe, the less they have to talk me into believing otherwise. Plus I'm possessive of my beliefs because I worked very hard coming up with them on my own, and I don't want anyone steeling my shit. For the record my answer is: Whats written in the Satanic Bible with personal interpolations, and a private Commentary.

~Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/01/08 11:54 PM)

~~352~~

#7002 - 04/01/08 11:55 PM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Okay I respect that Kayla, good answer though. It's true answers here are likely to be dumped on, which is not what I want. I just want to hear different opinions from people. No judging or harsh behaviour.

#7006 - 04/02/08 12:07 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: PigFeeder
Okay I respect that Kayla, good answer though. It's true answers here are likely to be dumped on, which is not what I want. I just want to hear different opinions from people. No judging or harsh behaviour.

I'm actually interested too. I can express my Satanism in 15 letters: "K A Y L A D I G I O V A N N I"

ps- I didn't mean you when i said dumbass Piggy. I meant that in a general way.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/02/08 12:22 AM)

~~352~~

#7009 - 04/02/08 12:27 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Oh no no I know. I understood you meant in general.

#7020 - 04/02/08 01:36 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: PigFeeder]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Satanism to me is:

Emulating an imagined persona, that I have created in my mind. A completely self actualized being, named Lucifer. He does not have supernatural powers of any kind, but instead, is the person that I would like to be, if I was able to use all of my cognitive, and physical abilities to their optimum potential.

Making no excuses for myself, to myself, about where I am, and why. Accepting my short comings while attempting to over come them.

Allowing my imagination to wonder where it pleases, without placing limits on it, because of perceived morality.

Thinking objectively as possible, within the limits of my ability to do so.

Being able to admit that there ARE smarter, more intelligent, and better people then myself, and learning from them if given the opportunity to do so.

Acknowledging my short comings TO MYSELF, without sugar coating them, and without regard to how uncomfortable the reality of them might be to admit.

Realizing that rules and laws are written by men, and I am not bound to obey them through any higher power. Yet also realizing that there are possible consequences if I chose to break any of them.

Accepting my empathy for other living things, including other people. Live and let live, but retaliate against aggression, if possible to do so and if it is of benefit to me.

Love fully those that I wish to, even if for no other reason then wishing to do so.

Hate those who I wish to, without guilt.

Being able to enjoy pleasure for its own sake, without always analyzing the reasons why I enjoy them.

Do not confuse courtesy and diplomacy with weakness, and not fear being courteous and diplomatic because others might view it as weak.

Dance if I want to, without fear of ridicule.

Freely look at something or someone attractive, even if it is considered inappropriate to do so, if it pleases me, but NOT just to prove that I can, or to make others feel uncomfortable.

NEVER betray a true friend or ally unless physically tortured and to weak to help it.

Accept an adversaries sincere surrender, and allow them to keep their dignity, unless to do so would be harmful. Sometimes an adversary, can become ones greatest ally, but not if their dignity and honor is trampled unnecessarily. This is not the same as turning the other cheek.

Eat, sleep, and fuck, if it brings pleasure.

And always, ALWAYS wear sun screen when out in the sun!

#7023 - 04/02/08 02:20 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: Asmedious]
PigFeeder Offline

Wow well done Asmedious, I really like how you put it together. Thank you for sharing with me.

I can actually relate to several of your opinions, they definetly make sense and are logical. The reason I said I needed to compose my thoughts more is because, I know the mind keeps many subconcious reasonings hidden deep within.

You are really good at organizing your thoughts as well. I commend you on that. I have a problem theinking of everything, and always feel I have to add things later on.

#7029 - 04/02/08 02:52 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: PigFeeder]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ATR6sZe--P8

Although it's satirical, this is pretty much how I approach life, I consider the essence of that video to be very much what Satanism is like for me. Live life as you want to live it.

#7030 - 04/02/08 02:55 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: PigFeeder]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
I have a problem theinking of everything, and always feel I have to add things later on.

Yeah, me too. If I was as organized as you give me credit for (thanks by the way) I would write my babble, then let it sit for for a day or two, then re-read it, edit it, and add what ever else pops into mind. Eh, we all can't be Stephen Kings, or Hemingways.

#7034 - 04/02/08 07:31 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: Asmedious]
PigFeeder Offline

Well I'm good at writing papers and the like for classes, I can write fairly well and have been praised for it since I was a young boy. But for some reason when it comes to certain questions like "What is Satanism to you", I have trouble expressing myself. Or maybe that's just a hint that I need to read up more on the subject.

Maybe I should try writing down and organizing my thoughts more, then coming and posting them when I feel they are finished.

#7039 - 04/02/08 08:37 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: PigFeeder]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
Satanic is a right of passage to me.I have read the commandments and not all the book but some of lavey's bible.I think to me though it's just a way of question of society for there mostly stupid philosophy's which is beleive like us,drink like us,be bound like us.Satanic is the practice of magick,the right to believe in yourself and worship how you please.I also question the church and the rules and regulations,hell if we all did what the church said we would all die of starvation,or because they would rather pray for you then have medicine cure you.I am not a slave to a cult that is exactly what they are.I may have some feelings
on christ set apart from you or other people,or let's just say,I do not mind what you proclaim as long as you do not stuff it down my throat.Satanic stands for freedom,love of life,accepting you are dirt,or have animal traits encoded inside yourself.You are no better,or really are worse than any animal I have befriended,we hold keys over others lives when we judge or are cruel,hate is emotion,so is love,rebellion etc..It is natural for people to tred their own paths,that is what life is about.Beleiving in a afterlife has no bearing on the animal,mammal flesh we are in,so just know that everybody is a snake,in some shape form or fashion,not cold-blooded,but can be cold hearted.Satanic to me is this life of flesh.The law of human existance.

#7042 - 04/02/08 09:00 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: PigFeeder]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
 Originally Posted By: PigFeeder
But for some reason when it comes to certain questions like "What is Satanism to you", I have trouble expressing myself. Or maybe that's just a hint that I need to read up more on the subject.

Well, you hardly can read more on the subject to project how you feel about Satanism. Of course I understand that sometimes when reading what others have written you suddenly realise that's exactly how you would have said it, without it being borrowed.
My realisations mostly don't come from satanic literature, as they tend to be somewhat one sided and don't offer that much to think about. Sometimes it's better to have something to disagree upon to better figure out where you stand.

#7087 - 04/02/08 10:49 PM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
PigFeeder Offline

Yes well two of your points are exactly how I feel. In reading Asmediou's posts I realised several things about myself. I didn't want to admit it and say it, because I know someone here would say I was just copying him or somerthing of the like. But yes Asmedious I can relate and most of your belief makes sense to me.

Secondly, that is mostly where I am coming from. The main factor in the reasoning of calling myself LaVeyan Satanist is because I found out about itm read on it studied it for a long time, and realised it coincided much with how I live my life on an everday basis. But I have minor reasonings such as the fact that I have many points in several other religions that I disagree with completely. In Satanism in general, I do not find many things in which I disagree with at all. And that is what fuels my belief.

#7100 - 04/03/08 12:19 AM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I will keep an eye on this thread. Anything that comes across as an asinine response will be deleted. One liners, bullshit, and anything other than constructive criticism will be deleted. As long as it is constructive and well thought out or worded, if someone stomps on your beliefs, I will allow it. I'm interested, and I hope other users as well, to read the responses to this thread. If you can't make it worthwhile, skip to the introductions section. I have no problem pulling the trigger on repeat offenders.

#7136 - 04/03/08 03:07 PM Re: What Exactly Is Satanism To You? [Re: fakepropht]
Nubeth666 Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego
Satanism represents life before death,not life after. Its an individual quest for knowledge and inspires the use magic to attain goals that you feel or almost immpossible to succeed. Satanism also recognizes "man as anohter animal sometimes better more often worse then those that walk on all four because of our devine spiritual and intellectual developmenthas become the most vicous animal of all" the 7th Satanic statement by Anton LaVey! Satanism is probably the only religion that leaves an empty space for its people to create accorrding to their own will. So one must be their own Leader and act according to their own action and see the world as a place for indulging not a place of emotional damnation.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.