Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#8183 - 04/26/08 01:56 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Deathlehem]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
The majority of the posters here consider themselves to be Modern/LaVeyan Satanists but they most likely won't knock you for your beliefs. Just be ready to back them up in case you happen to come under fire. I just so happen to walk the fine line between Modern and Theistic Satanism. My beliefs tend to be fluid, if you will. I began with The Satanic Bible like mostly everyone else here but felt the need to expand and read more on Satanism. I agree with LaVey on many aspects (Even if he does tend to be a bit preachy at times) and I feel that the Satanic Bible is a great first text to help deprogram much of the dogmas that are instilled within us.

I like to coin our brand of Satanism as "General Satanism". The belief in yourself, yet the worshipping of a deity. Knocking someone else because they're not the same type of Satanist as the rest of the herd is rather Christian-like. I don't really think that that is done here. They might call us insane if anything, but who cares? Satanism does not come solely from Anton LaVey.

#8185 - 04/26/08 10:42 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Sinistar]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Speaking just for myself, I donít differentiate between a Theistic Satanist, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, and such. They all believe in some kind of boogie man hiding under their beds, the sky, under a rock what have you. To me one boogie man is just as foolish, as any other.

#8186 - 04/26/08 12:35 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Asmedious]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Would it make me foolish if I made the vitality that flows through my veins and animates my body the object of my devotion?

Would I be foolish to pay silent homage to the mystery of life and the mystery that lurks beneath the cosmos?

Would I be smart if I made a 5 sided box (one for each of my five senses) and said that only things that fit in it are real.

It probably depends on each individual "Theistic Satanist's" understandings of what he is idolizing. Perhaps there is a spectrum. On on side of the spectrum there is a devil in cloven hooves... on the other just a force which LaVey mentions in the first few paragraphs of the first Chapter of the Book of Lucifer.

Then there are some that don't fit into the spectrum, who fill in this idol-void with their own ego's, Anton LaVey, some Church, their occupation, their lover, drugs, political beliefs, gang colors, golf, Coka-Cola, Nike, basketball, the Cubs or Green Bay Packers... or whatever.

In either case the void is filled... the Idols are fashioned... you still look up... all still on their knees; by the side of that proverbial road less traveled... the journey stops.

There might not always be a boogie man under some of our beds; but there is always a Kaaba of Idols in our closet.

Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/26/08 12:39 PM)

~~352~~

#8188 - 04/26/08 01:52 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
Would it make me foolish if I made the vitality that flows through my veins and animates my body the object of my devotion?

I think so, if you did that without at least attempting to understand how that "vitality" works. You know, oxyginated blood through arteries going away from the lungs to feed the cells, non oxyginated through veins going back to the heart, blah blah and so on.

Quote:
Would I be foolish to pay silent homage to the mystery of life and the mystery that lurks beneath the cosmos?

Yep, if you lit candles for it, and prayed to it, that would be pretty foolish I think, if you believed that the "mystery" gives a shit about it.

Quote:
Would I be smart if I made a 5 sided box (one for each of my five senses) and said that only things that fit in it are real.

Again, no. But it also wouldn't make you smart, if you gave the things outside those boxes a form of a living, thinking entity in your mind, without actually knowing that there is one or more out there, and worse yet, if you worshipped those things.

#8200 - 04/26/08 11:39 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Asmedious]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
I consider myself as a "By-Polar-Satanic"also Artistic self-Satanic.I believe so much in my insainity,I always stay inside this world of dreams,inside my head.Practice makes perfection.If the dreams die,so do you.I am left-handed,but can write,eat,perform any task involving the rightous hand.I am left to right all the time.I preform my absract art,or any art with the lefthand path.Like Jimmi Hendrix,if I played guitar it would be left-handed with right-handed strings.

"Strictly By-polar"
Me..

#8208 - 04/27/08 12:55 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Asmedious]
Sinistar Offline

I understand that there's a few Theists that might have left a bad taste in your mouth, oh person who named himself after the Angel of Destruction who is probably one and the same with Abaddon and other cool stuff. Not all of us worship as you have stated, but merely acknowledge possibilities.

"Can't we all just get along?" --Rodney King

Edited by Sinistar (04/27/08 01:01 AM)
Edit Reason: grammar

#8254 - 04/28/08 07:15 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Sinistar]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

i think for the most part we all get along.

no one really cares as long as people dont go preaching about why theists is better than trads or modern.

then again, how do you differ between trads and theists?
does it include following yesdizs or anti-xitan bible?

just to be clear

then if it changes to include rites avec demons and such...

you just might be a chaosist and not a satanist.

chaos mages do and use whatever they want in regards to picking pieces from this religious or that religion/belief to make things work or to make things make sense.
You may have a center of ideas/beliefs, but other stuff is changable depending on the situation.

thats what I do.

Morg

#8288 - 04/30/08 12:46 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Isaak w shipley]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
As far as I know being Bi-Polar has nothing to do with Satanism.. Hence rendering the phrase "Bi-polar Satanist" Ridiculous and meaningless. Perhaps I'm wrong? If so please correct me..

~~Snow~~.

#8308 - 04/30/08 11:46 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: PigFeeder]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
No I will not correct because I think we as humanity are left to right,right to left,to and fro in this earth.
We sometimes can't get a grip and there for
every bit of human instinct Is by-polar in some shape,form,fahion.You find my speech meaningless
that's O.K.I think you look ridiculous in that wannabee Manson suit.Are you scaring humanity or yourself when you wake up.
Sorry,I agree with morgan,can't take it,get out of hells kitchen.
Grow up and dress like you want impress and conquer,not attract attention always to yourself.I far as I see,well nothing,A meaning-less suit,which does nothing to scare those who see through the skin.You might think I use things as a crux,well so does everybody-either drugs,sex,I had a bad-childhood or some excuse.What is yours?I am willing to come out of closet
bold,proud,etc.You seem to want to stay in one.I represent my-self.Isnt' that what is all about yes or no.
I do not mind make-up at all,in fact mine is a fleshwound.
Evry step towards living free and Indulging,Just like you brother.Why so gloom.Nobody can be that depressed all the time.
I love make-up.On occasion.In fact the true Satanist does not need anything to draw attention,If you studied your magick
you would know it's already there,and most of the church itself
does not look like manson,It's good publicity stunts though.

"I love the debate."
Me,A human with a crutch.....

#8312 - 05/01/08 12:12 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Isaak w shipley]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

I think I like this guy too... A bit hard top read but there is a lesson there...

~T~

#8334 - 05/01/08 08:23 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Isaak w shipley]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

"You might think I use things as a crux,well so does everybody-either drugs,sex,I had a bad-childhood or some excuse.What is yours?I am willing to come out of closet
bold,proud,etc.You seem to want to stay in one.I represent my-self.Isnt' that what is all about yes or no."

Yes, be strong enough to know who you are. Don't follow blindly anyone. Look, and learn for yourself.

Anyone who says they have all the answers, DOESN'T.

"In fact the true Satanist does not need anything to draw attention,If you studied your magick
you would know it's already there,and most of the church itself
does not look like manson,It's good publicity stunts though."

Yes.................

Morg

"

#8340 - 05/02/08 06:13 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Morgan]
Sinistar Offline

Yes, we get along for the most part, that's true.

Octavius mindfucked me. He stated that those who worship a deity named Satan aren't Satanists, but Heretical Christians which I begrudgingly have to concede. He couldn't even buy me dinner before the mindfuck. Great, now I'm going through an identity crisis...

Pre-Octavius, I considered myself as one who worships Satan as a deity and believes Satan to be the dark force in nature at the same time. If that is at all possible.

And no, I don't believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

Edited by Sinistar (05/02/08 06:14 AM)

#8341 - 05/02/08 06:35 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Sinistar]
SatanicCSG Offline
stranger

Loc: Staten Island, NY
 Originally Posted By: Sinistar

Pre-Octavius, I considered myself as one who worships Satan as a deity and believes Satan to be the dark force in nature at the same time. If that is at all possible.

And no, I don't believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

I share your sentiments regarding Satan to an extent, but am disappointed at your disregard for Santa Claus. ;\)

I believe Satan to be a force of nature. Not necessarily a dark force, but a balancing force trying to keep humanity from straying from its roots. Typically I won't equate Satan with either dark or light. To me, that's relative and varies from person to person.

That being said, if I do come to the realization that there is an actual deity I will accept him as my close and dear friend. ;\)

#8345 - 05/02/08 06:34 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: SatanicCSG]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Dude, you are only mindfucked if you allow yourself to be.
As long as you understand who you are, and what you believe, you aren't mindfucked.

what it does show is that you have to take time to fully think about your ideas, and beliefs and come to terms with them.

So what, you worship him as deity.
Whatever makes you happy.
I've used the names of various other dieties during some of my rites. Inorder to get the right headset, and mental dynamics.

Inregards to heritical Xitian stuff, that would be acknowledging that jesus and god exist, etc... If thats the case, when I die, those 2 motherfuckers have a severe beat down coming....

Morg

btw, we should meet up since we live about a half hour away from each other.

#8348 - 05/02/08 07:46 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Morgan]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne

Originally Posted By: Morgan
Dude, you are only mindfucked if you allow yourself to be.

You're wrong. It is Octavius's fault. Personally, I wouldn't trust him any further than I could throw him.

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.