Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#10386 - 07/30/08 05:59 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: coelentrate]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
I'd also like to say that I don't know what satanic text is better than the Satanic Bible. I doubt any is even an equal. (I do not believe in a god-like devil.) But I know that not believing in a better text doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The point is, flawed as it is, I like the Satanic Bible. I realize it is pretty damn good for coming from an imperfect person.

I'll take what it says with a grain of salt, with personal investigation before I take it to heart. And I reserve the right to scoff at it's critics whom I percieve to be clueless.

#10414 - 07/31/08 04:31 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: coelentrate]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

Loc: chicago illinois
I would wholeheartedly concur! I enjoy the Satanic Bible. It's a very great read. Of all the satanic texts I have , it definately is the one I enjoy most .

#10494 - 08/05/08 04:40 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Deathlehem]
Damian Offline
stranger

Loc: Salem Mass
I don,t believe in Gods or Godesses i believe in me,I believe in the Satanic Bible cause it,s words set me free.Cause i agree with it. I admire LaVey for writing them at a time when the world was just not ready. I also believe Satanism is just a label, If you except Satan as is,then you have to believe in God as is.Satan is the Dark side of the Divine nature,But who tells us whats Divine.It,s becoming so individual as we become more intellectual as a society,Good and Evil Are actions what we do to each other.If you were to really think about it we are Satan, We are God,So Hail ME,,,,DAMIAN.
#10501 - 08/05/08 10:30 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Damian]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Whilst I'm glad that you beleive in yourself and the Satanic Bible's words, you are going to get a huge shock when you find out/realize that most of it is plagurized from much earlier works and what wasn't was made up.

As with alot of his books, what is presented as fact is often just made up. However, this doesn't take away the value of it, just don't throw yourself too quickly at the feet of false gods.

Zeph

#10506 - 08/06/08 05:46 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Damian Offline
stranger

Loc: Salem Mass
The one thing i have found out having been a Thelemite the last 20 years is It,s all plagurized,I remember The OTO and my 1st Gnostic Mass, I felt like i was in a Catholic church,when i brought the fact up that it was all plagurized to the body master of the temple,he said of course itis most of Crowley,s work is...Broke my Heart.needless to say i,m nolonger a member and I don,t believe in Blind faith,,so I,m ok with being my own God, Life has been Good,and I dont feal False, Lol, Damian.
#10576 - 08/10/08 04:18 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Deathlehem]
harrison Offline
pledge

Loc: winnipeg Mb, canada
I do believe that Deathlehem is quite right in saying that the
Levayan satanists are not the only true satanists. I also am going to agree with everything you have just said. I am also vary sure Buddha did not exist, but the ideals behind Buddha are
true.

#10586 - 08/10/08 08:41 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: harrison]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I am also going to have to nod my head in agreement like a good little sheep. I can't imagine anything that has defined Satanism overall as accurately as the Satanic Bible.

My only problems would be a few factual inaccuracies and poor research regarding a few occult matters, but I'm nitpicky about that anyway.

Oh and hi.

Edited by The Zebu (08/10/08 08:41 PM)

#10668 - 08/14/08 01:00 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: The Zebu]
harrison Offline
pledge

Loc: winnipeg Mb, canada
Well i dont know about 'Good' little sheep but you are right about it (TSB) defining Satanism soooo well. Also being nitpicky
is one of my faults too. but hey its better that way than being open to every thing easily.

#11153 - 09/01/08 11:23 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Deathlehem]
Raziel LaVey Offline
stranger

Well, just as the new introduction by Mr. Gilmore states:

This book will change your life...

It definitely changed mine. I never understood how in the book though, he goes to define God as a balancing force of nature that can't begin to have any interest in what happens with man on earth... It made a world of sense to me. Billions of people on this earth with billions of different motivations that may involve stepping on another, who would God listen to?

That's why we have free will.

So... There is a God?

Nah, he goes on to state that Man invented God because Man needs religion... So if you worship God then you are by proxy worshipping the man who invented God, so why not worship yourself?

That always confused me... Since it especially went on to make the ritual magic look incredibly pointless...

It's my personal opinion they are all closet Theists.

#11251 - 09/06/08 08:29 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Raziel LaVey]
memphischick Offline
stranger

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee
The Satanic Bible sure beats the fuck out of gods bible. I enjoy reading it alot but I also don't take everything I read to heart.

#12243 - 10/05/08 07:04 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Deathlehem]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
what did it for me was the Nine Satanic Statements my favorite being Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.which is the complete oppisite of what i was taught sense i come from a all christian family
but the 9th one i dont get sense the levayan way isnt the satan christianity represents.i mean i find it humorious or is that what its suppose to be?
i may sound dumb for asking that but i just want to have a complete understanding of TSB.

#12246 - 10/05/08 07:22 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: BloodHorn]
Fabiano Offline

Quote:
Satan has been the best friend that the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all of these years!

Indeed, the church could not sustain a position where their God is kind, nice and merciful and also responsible for all the bad tings happening each and every day. So they said it was Satan's fault. He was the "evil" root of all pains. This kept the churchs in their business.

Note It's my personal view. My personal understanding, curious to see about other interpretations...

#12285 - 10/06/08 05:32 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Fabiano]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I always viewed it more along the lines of the Church gaining power by propagating fear of Satan.... Sort of like how the US government was able to ride on post-911 fears of "the terrorists" and get things like the Patriot Act passed. It's easy to control people by scaring them with threats of an illusory enemy.

#12287 - 10/06/08 05:51 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: The Zebu]
Fabiano Offline

Yes! Indeed. He's the "evil" root of all pains, so he's feared and this fear can be used for manipulation purposes...

Good remark !

#17145 - 12/29/08 02:36 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: ZephyrGirl]
mutt mutton Offline
stranger

Loc: paragould ar
Well The SB Opened My eyes To See That All
Religons, Witch Groups Aint All It cut
OUT to be like The FasleHoods in The
Christainity And How Everyone thinks there
doing the Right thing Yes! MayBe I dont WRite
Well A enough for this GROUP not well enough for
you BUT i can Try I Probly can try harder next time to do better
I follow My Own PATH which is practicing Witchcraft,Satanism
I've Even Been IN a Few covens But Satanism....ect And Witchcraft is a way of life. The SB is a tool To Be Used
To Help you In the Path Of The LHP And the Philophy opens
up The Doors To That Path In Which To Follow!!!!!

Edited by mutt mutton (12/29/08 02:50 PM)

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.