Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7298 - 04/06/08 07:03 AM The Social Climate.
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I'm taking a break from the 600 club and will return later. I find myself infuriated by the content here as of late and wondering why on earth I am subjecting myself to it. I used to come her for intelligent debate and like minded conversation, now it seems apparent to me that I am here to be ridiculed, insulted and undermined by anyone who feels justified, so basically everyone as Satanists are all arrogant as hell.

I came to this site believing that Atheism was practically a prerequisite for Satanism. That logic and reason fit so well with it. I came here honestly thinking these things but now I'm really rather upset that I made that assumption. To hear people I previously thought of as intelligent claiming they can do magic, raise/see/speak to demons, worship the devil or any other crack pot nonsense I've seen over the past few weeks really upsets me greatly. I thought the people here where above puerile theistic delusions and supernatural nonsense, designed so the weak minded don't fear death and so the perpetually boring have something interesting in their lives respectively, but I guess I was wrong.

Apparently the number of years you've been on this rock makes your life experiences more or less valid depending on who you speak two on this forum. I'm sure a 17 year old who's lost both parents, been homeless for 2 months, worked 4 different jobs, been raped and beaten, lived in the seediest parts of a major city and finally dragged themselves back up to a standard of living is less valuable than a 43 year old who's gone though the same experiences when it comes to talking about corruption to some people, but personally I don't agree.

The venom on this forum has increased more and more over the past month or so and it's becoming unreasonable. If people want to carry this on then fine. Do so. But kindly do so without me. I would rather not affiliate myself with Satanism and this site if it would mean I am considered akin to people who insult and undermine people in the way that Zeph and ta2zz do.

As much as I respect the familiars and mods here I find that certain people like Octavius should have been a familiar a long time ago yet he isn't and someone like Stag, although it's quite apparent that he's intelligent hasn't taken part in the forum nearly long enough to be worthy of the title. Perhaps the granting of this title is a little less objective than I once thought.

In short. After today, I'm going to leave for a while and give the social climate time change and me a chance to cool down. I will return and I hope to see intelligence, logic and reason return to this forum. If not I may end up taking my leave permanently, which would be a shame I feel as I've grown to really like this forum but I'm seeing less and less reason to return here, I feel I'm doing it more out of habit than anything else and I beginning to consider dropping the label of Satanist if this is what it means.

PS: I sent a PM to both Nemesis and Mequa, I would appreciate a reply before I leave if that's OK.

#7302 - 04/06/08 09:49 AM Re: The Social Climate. [Re: TornadoCreator]
Stag Offline
pledge

Enjoy the time out TC.

Been a long-time user of this forum in its many incarnations for... seven years or so, on and off. Sometimes it's good to take a break and pursue other hobbies for a change.

Hopefully you'll return refreshed -- you're an arrogant arsehole at times, but I've enjoyed your input here.

Stag

#7308 - 04/06/08 01:17 PM Re: The Social Climate. [Re: TornadoCreator]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

You need something perhaps a pacifier…

I point you to this previous post… Here

Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
Apparently the number of years you've been on this rock makes your life experiences more or less valid depending on who you speak two on this forum.

Ageism matters little to most here… I have met many children smarter than you… Such is the way of the world… There will always be a bigger/smarter dog…

I would rather not affiliate myself with Satanism and this site if it would mean I am considered akin to people who insult and undermine people in the way that Zeph and ta2zz do.

Too bad you do not see the correlation to the mood as being in relation to your ignorance shown here…

As much as I respect the familiars and mods here I find that certain people like Octavius should have been a familiar a long time ago yet he isn't and someone like Stag, although it's quite apparent that he's intelligent hasn't taken part in the forum nearly long enough to be worthy of the title. Perhaps the granting of this title is a little less objective than I once thought.

Stag has been here longer than you and me together… Perhaps quite a few things you thought were incorrect, perhaps this is why things played out the way they did? Stag, Octavius, and myself have all worn blue here before… Stag has worn green also…

A color of a name or title on a forum should not make or break the man…

In short. After today, I'm going to leave for a while and give the social climate time change and me a chance to cool down. I will return and I hope to see intelligence, logic and reason return to this forum.

Just go already you weak little boy… Daddy spanked you and you run off like a crying baby…

If your break mysteriously toughens you up then perhaps when you return your perspective may be a bit different…

If not I may end up taking my leave permanently, which would be a shame I feel as I've grown to really like this forum but I'm seeing less and less reason to return here, I feel I'm doing it more out of habit than anything else and I beginning to consider dropping the label of Satanist if this is what it means.

Look kid the forum will survive without you… I did not want to be the one to come straight out and say it but you may have never been Satanist just a confused Atheist… I did warn you very early on that you had little understanding of Satanism, its practices, and general human nature… Someone so titling him or herself should understand all of the above… Save the empty posturing to those that it may impress…

PS: I sent a PM to both Nemesis and Mequa, I would appreciate a reply before I leave if that's OK.

You are the one leaving… Too bad you were good for a laugh and some mental exercise here and again… Too bad everyone who disagrees with you hurt you so…

~T~

#7331 - 04/06/08 05:38 PM Re: The Social Climate. [Re: ta2zz]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Enjoy your temper tantrum. I find that a time out usually works for kids, so you may just want to stand yourself in the corner for a few minutes whilst you are waiting for you replies. ;\)

#7358 - 04/07/08 12:27 AM Re: The Social Climate. [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Nyarlathotep2012 Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
A person can believe what they wish, however crack pot you may think such beliefs are. So because Atheism is a prerequisite in your Satanism, it must be in everyone elses and because they don't share your views in this matter you're going to cry about it?

Not all magic is puerile theistic nonsense made to stop the common folk from fearing death. Have you ever taken into consideration that ritual magick has a profound effect on the subconscious and thusly is it's purpose. We each exist in our own subjective realities, the way I perceive the world, what is going on in it, and how it effects me, is going to be wholly different than yours. And subconsciously we also all have perceptions we cannot easily manipulate.

So say I have reached some mental obstacle in my life over any given event. When I practice magick and yes I do practice magick. The "ritual chamber" is decorated with various idols, pertaining to my situation, various incense and candles of colors and scents symbolizing what I wish to change about this current situation. This is all, by the way, to inspire a desired mood. What I say, the deities, demons, whatever I evoke, are all representative of my current issue and the solution I wish to occur. Whatever exchange I have with said being, how ever I may end said ritual is there to perhaps give me new ideas or thoughts, an inner monologue of ideas on how to achieve the desired change and subconsciously alter my perception on it.

So say it was to curse someone. Through my anger and focus on them in ritual, when I enter the world outside perhaps I now notice their commons follies more, so to me their luck seems to take a turn for the worse. Whereas before in my anger towards them, I did not notice the common misfortune people have and desired something grandeur. But because, I have begun to notice their folly more I am able to laugh now at that misfortune and be pleased that I no longer harbor such intense anger. Or say I happen to create a voodoo doll in ritual and happen to leave it with a knife through it in a place where the person the doll represents can find and see it. And in turn they become consumed with such subconscious fear that their life does in fact take a drastic turn for the worse out of their actions and failings due to the fear that their life has indeed been cursed. Would that not be an effective magickal ritual in a manner of speaking?

Also um, when did you become the Master Satanist, able to dictate what we should and shouldn't agree with and throw a tantrum when we do not. Atheistic Satanism is not the only kind, which you would know..if you perhaps did some research. Theistic Satanism exists, it may not be how you view things, but for them it works, so why not? Whatever floats your boat right? In a philosophy that promotes individualism, free expression, and person power to claim what you agree with is correct and a different twist to an ever changing and growing philosophy(maybe you didn't know, Satanism continued on after LaVey, and has become many many things to many many different people) crackpot and supported by unintelligent people, well that sounds kind of hypocritical don't you think?

A member in another forum I am in posted this "Anything is possible, yet not everything is probable"a simply because you have yet to experience an effect from something like that does not mean those who have are false in their beliefs, nor does it warrant such a tantrum. How arrogant can you be to think that this will have a profound effect on the "social climate" of this forum. Perhaps you are causing the problems you are having here in yourself and need to open your mind.

Just a suggestion though

Edited by Nyarlathotep2012 (04/07/08 12:50 AM)

#7359 - 04/07/08 12:40 AM Re: The Social Climate. [Re: TornadoCreator]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne

I came to this site believing that Atheism was practically a prerequisite for Satanism. That logic and reason fit so well with it.

True - but there's also something deeply infantile, philosophically immature and unnecessarily narcissistic about the whole thing.

Next time, watch out for the Oompa Loompas.

#7412 - 04/08/08 01:29 AM Re: The Social Climate. [Re: School Bully]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
Well TC it was a pleasure of mine to have had the pleasure to read and learn from your posts. It is really a shame that people have to go to such lengths to belittle some one for just the mere pleasure of it. I do hope that you do return with more wisdom. But I must agree with you there is a lot of bashing that goes on here. But I feel sometimes it is called for in certain situations.

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

#7455 - 04/10/08 04:57 AM Re: The Social Climate. [Re: TornadoCreator]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Hopefully, you come back sooner than later. I may not have always agreed with some of your views but I usually came away with learning something, which is the most important thing.

Even if you choose not to return, I hope you find your niche. Take it easy, Spike.

Edited by Sinistar (04/10/08 04:58 AM)

#7479 - 04/10/08 11:35 PM Re: The Social Climate. [Re: Sinistar]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
I thought being a cool cucumber and knowing how to hold your ground without freaking out was practically a pre-requisite for being a Satanist...maybe not...hee hee

Guess that's reserved for a Satan...

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.446 seconds of which 0.428 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.