Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7392 - 04/07/08 04:07 PM Audio discussion topic
Octavius Offline

Loc: just visiting
I'm an avid listener to MPR's weekly show, Speaking of Faith. Two weeks ago they featured an interesting program on the new face of Humanism and Atheism. They have the show available for download at the below link. Apologies for not embedding it here...I'm not HTML savvy. Your thoughts are appreciated.

http://download.publicradio.org/podcast/speakingoffaith/20080327_new_humanism.mp3

Octavius

#7408 - 04/07/08 10:58 PM Re: Audio discussion topic [Re: Octavius]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Hello Octavious,

Thankyou for providing that link. I really enjoyed it. I think you and I have similar views on this type of subject, except that mine aren't quite as sophisticated as yours.

Anyway enough sucking up. LOL. I especially enjoyed them talking about how atheists should have our opinions on things taken into the same consideration as any other minority group. That being an Atheist doesn't make you a bad person. I know many of us on this site know this, but seeing someone a 'chaplain' even of humanism getting out there and spreading the word as such is very positive and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I can't remember the exact words (I should probably have written them down, but too late now), but I liked it when he was talking about how for humans to reach their full potential, we need morality and role models, but that they shouldn't come from Christianity nessearily, especially for the section of the younger generations that don't believe in God.

Thanks again for the link,

Zeph

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.042 seconds of which 0.029 seconds were spent on 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.