Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#74480 - 01/14/13 11:40 PM Iphone/android phone ap
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
I was thinking the other day that it'd be nifty to have a phone ap for the forums. I ran a search apbeit a brief one however, I didn't find any results. Figured it'd worth tossing the idea around.

V/R
Ring

#74485 - 01/15/13 12:03 AM Re: Iphone/android phone ap [Re: Ringmaster]
Conchis Offline

Loc: us
There are many forum app's for both the ios and android platforms. The best known of these is likely the Tapatalk app. It can be found in the google play market for free if you use an android phone, and in the itunes app market for $2.99USD if you are using a "their" phone (Iphone).

note: I have not tried this app with the 600 club forum, but a can see no reason why it should not work.

#74489 - 01/15/13 01:45 AM Re: Iphone/android phone ap [Re: Conchis]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Well I was more leaning towards its own ap not a third party ap to view the forum from. I mean I'm sure I'm not the only one who is out and about and would kill sometime on here.

I mean hell I'm using safari from my phone at work on graveyard shift, and when your patient sleeps throughout the night it makes for long boring nights. It would make it hell of lot faster to navigate.

#75331 - 03/05/13 06:44 AM Re: Iphone/android phone ap [Re: Ringmaster]
elbibcinatas Offline
stranger

Loc: Kent, UK
+1 for the tapatalk - I use it almost on daily basis.

the problem is - many big forums don't care on making their forums available on tapatalk.

#86433 - 04/11/14 02:35 PM Re: Iphone/android phone ap [Re: elbibcinatas]
iMephisto Offline
lurker

Loc: Portugal
+1 for tapatalk, it's where i check my foruns while on the go.
#86439 - 04/11/14 09:57 PM Re: Iphone/android phone ap [Re: elbibcinatas]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
From what I hear you are cheating the website of any of its advertising revenue using crapatalk.

Posted from my desktop. heh

#86440 - 04/11/14 10:05 PM Re: Iphone/android phone ap [Re: ta2zz]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
 Quote:
From what I hear you are cheating the website of any of its advertising revenue using crapatalk.

and this is a problem how, exactly?

#86451 - 04/12/14 01:35 PM Re: Iphone/android phone ap [Re: antikarmatomic]
Crake Offline
stranger

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
It would be very useful if you're always spending your time on here...

But really, it's not like you'll miss too much between visits to your computer. Using a phone Internet browser, like Safari, to browse this forum is a pain. Well, browsing is fine. Posting, replying, etc., however, is a hassle. Typing becomes super sluggish.

I always find other things to do when I'm out and about though. I converse with friends, play games, and do whatever other simple things I can do with my phone. I also bring my 2DS every where I go, which is much more time-killing than smart phone games.

Given the limited amount of people in this community, and the limited benefit of a 1st party browsing app, it's just not worth any time or effort to be made.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.